Wednesday 13 November 2013

Bourjois Color Edition 24H Eyeshadow

I recently picked up some new make up in a giant Autumn haul from Boots, and one of the items I got was the Bourjois Color Edition 24H Eyeshadow (£6.99). As many of you will know by now, I have become a huge fan of Bourjois and think they have really outdone themselves this year in terms of new products and shades. I was very excited to see the release of cream eye shadows a few months back since I have thoroughly enjoyed the Maybelline version and of course I was curious to see Bourjois' take on this incredibly popular concept. 
The eye shadow comes in a plastic packaging that's nothing fancy, but still quite sleek and stylish in its simplicity. Since it's plastic instead of glass it's not very bulky or heavy, and you can easily carry it with you in a makeup bag or even a slim evening bag. The formula is one of those that go from cream to powder when it's dried so you need to work fairly quickly when you apply it. It's incredibly creamy to apply, completely effortless and with a very light sweep of your fingertip you'll get great coverage that feels velvety smooth on the eyelid. It's simply lovely to work with and because it's so light, it's also easy to build up the color intensity and still get a nice even finish, without any creasing.

After it's dried the eye shadow will pretty much stay put for most of the day. I know that it claims to stay on for 24 hrs, but on me I notice that it fades a little bit after 6-7 hrs and still I wear a primer, a light dust of powder and setting spray as well. To me this isn't an issue though since the eye shadow fades evenly and there's no horrible creasing or fall out and it only takes a few second to touch up if needed.

The eye shadow currently comes in six different shades, and most of them are neutral - taupe, bronze, grey and dusky pink and if you're looking for something a little bit different you also have the option of a blue and green. I got the shade Khaki Cheri, which is a beautiful golden moss green with a bronze metallic sheen which for me makes a nice change to the browns I've been wearing this autumn and I think it also works really well with a berry lip. I'm very impressed by the pigmentation of it - one quick dip of your fingertip creates a look of a subtle shimmery green and if you build it up, you'll get the intense color you see in the photos.

I absolutely love this eyeshadow because of it's ultra light and smooth consistency that's so pleasant and luxurious to apply and I'm so looking forward to trying some of the other shades, and I sincerely hope that Bourjois will add new shades to this range very soon. 
 Artificial light without flash
 Daylight without flash

It is impossible to talk about this product without also comparing it to the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR cream eye shadows, so I'll try and sum it up in a few key points:

- The Bourjois packaging is less bulky and lighter than the Maybelline glass jar
- Maybelline is £2 cheaper than Bourjois - might also be dependent on where you buy it
- Bourjois has a smoother consistency and is easier to apply to the eye without having to rub
- Bourjois has a drier cream texture that dries quicker and is less sticky than Maybelline
- For me personally neither Bourjois nor Maybelline lasts 24 hrs - it's more like 5-6 hrs wear, but I have the feeling that Bourjois lasts a little bit longer, perhaps because of the drier consistency. 
- Maybelline has a wider range of shades available

Ultimately Maybelline and Bourjois both have great cream eye shadows and for the moment I will continue to use both of them in parallel. I think it's nice to see other brands challenging Maybelline's complete domination of the purse friendly cream eye shadows, and if Bourjois extends their range of colors - make up addicts have a lot to look forward to. Let the battle of the shadows commence! 

83 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I just love this shade, it looks gorgeous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's a nice change from all the chocolate and brown shades that are so popular :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. They look amazing!!! I wish Malaysia carry Bourjois! =(
    www.rusticmonkey13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great product - ah that's a shame, perhaps check eBay or even Amazon.com :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. Great review :)
    I've never really wore this shade in eyeshadows though, it's nice to see something new xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million - it's an excellent formula and I really hope Bourjois brings out some new colors soon :O). Xx

      Delete
  4. I love the Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadows and use them almost every day. The color of the Bourjois one looks absolutely amazing!

    http://allthingsglitterandbeauty.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great and I use them a lot as well, but if Bourjois comes up with similar or more shades, then Maybelline could have some competition on their hands :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. amazing shade!
    New post on my blog featuring a wonderful dress by Oasap ! Let me know what u think about it!
    Nameless Fashion Blog
    Nameless Fashion Blog Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review, I love the comparison to Maybelline as theirs is the only one I've tried and this was just what i was looking for. Not sure if this mossy green is my colour but I love the sound of the dusky pink!

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much - they are both great eye cream shadows but the formula of Bourjois is just that little bit more luxurious smooth. I'll still use the Maybelline ones I've got of course and fingers crossed Bourjois produces an amazing range of shades soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. These look lovely, I must try them. Thanks for posting :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina, thanks a million for visiting, and hope you'll come back again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. I'm thinking about buying these eyeshadows for a quite a while now. If I'm gonna order one it will be this colour for sure :)

    Blu Button Box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeay - if you do get it, let me know what you think of it :o) - I don't think you'll be disappointed :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. I really want to try this product. Can't wait till my local superdrug stocks them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is brilliant, and I hope you'll like them as much as I do :O). Xx

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Hola Rocio, muchas gracias por tu visita, y espero que visitará otra vez pronto! Xx

      Delete
  11. It has great pigmentation love the color.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smoothness is incredible - a really lovely cream eye shadow. Xx

      Delete
  12. I'm loving cream shadows at the moment as they're so easy to use, I may have to get this and try it out! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone liking the Maybelline formula will love this :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous shade! I'll have to check it out!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely change for me to wear green and it wears so well throughout the day :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. gorgeous colours and great post! Would love it if you followed me back, I post blog posts everyday! xx

    www.pgsportal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's lovely of you! Xx

      Delete
  16. I think I like the bourjois shades even more! Too bad I live in the US :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah what a shame, perhaps they have it on eBay :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. Great shade.
    Come on my blog if would like we can follow each other, I'll follow you back.

    About women and not only Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful shade and great review! I've been wondering how the new Bourjois eyeshadows measure up to the Maybelline Color Tattoos which I adore! The colour really reminds me of Sumptuous Olive by MAC which is so pretty for this time of year .. xx

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachael, thank you so much - it'll be interesting to see if there'll be new shades released, but fingers crossed :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. Beautiful shade... love blackened green/olive/old dirty gold shades... looks like it lasts well too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does last really well, and it doesn't sink into any creases - beautiful wear! Xx

      Delete
  20. loved the shade so want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely with the bronze shimmer :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. This is so pretty! Really wish Bourjois was cheaper in Canada, but Maybelline wins because of the price for me although I may have to grab one of these when I'm in the UK in December :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you should definitely get one or two because the formula is ultra smooth and lovely to wear :O). Xx

      Delete
  22. I haven't tried either but they are definitely going on my Christmas list! x

    amuchprettierpuzzle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea so you can compare - let me know which one you prefer :o). Xx

      Delete
  23. Really informative review dear! thank you for this! Keep the amazing reviews coming!
    Love your informative blog Charlotte.

    Hope you check out my blog too! :))

    Michael Macalos
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael! Thank you so much for visiting and for the nice comment, that's really lovely of you! Follow you now and hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  24. I really love these! I've seen some people slate them, and say the Maybelline shadows are better but I prefer the Bourjois ones myself! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, well the Maybelline eye shadows are great, but to me the formula is definitely different and personally I prefer the silky smooth finish of Bourjois, but Maybelline does have a wider range of shades... for now... :o). Xx

      Delete
  25. I picked up one of these last week in the pinky shade, I've yet to try it out but great post, the green colour is really lovely.

    Alice x
    http://beautybyalicee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's lovely as well, I hope you'll do a review of it soon :). Xx

      Delete
  26. love the olive/gold tone..or is it khakee??
    I'm sure it'll look pretty on you ...<3
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Okay ..just saw it..khaki cheri.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  28. The pigmentation is great, but I don't like green colour on my face... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o) - so this one is not for you then, but Bourjois has a few other great shades to choose from :o). Xx

      Delete
  29. This is such a pretty shade for fall! And for some reason Bourjois Color Edition 24hr eyeshadow reminds me of Maybelline's Eye color tattoo.
    xoxo
    -B ♡ MsBerryStylish 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, it's the same concept but personally I prefer the Bourjois formula. Xx

      Delete
  30. I have been intrigued by these, I'll have to swatch it and choose a colour next time I'm shopping x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I hope you'll find one that you like :o). Xx

      Delete
  31. These look really good, the pigmentation is really impressive! Great review :) xx

    www.ohsoaddictedtobeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really nice of you! Xx

      Delete
  32. wow the pigmentation looks amazing , brill pictures!

    holydollybeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  33. I agree with all the other comments, the pigmentation is pretty amazing!!

    Tia
    xx

    http://bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very happy with it and look forward to trying some other shades too :O). Xx

      Delete
  34. Bourjois really are doing well this year! I really want to try one of these eyeshadows. I'm such a big fan of the Maybelline ones too!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure they are, so many great products and shades and am already looking forward to the S/S collection :o). Xx

      Delete
  35. Replies
    1. It's a really lovely eye shadow and am so happy I tried it :o). Xx

      Delete
  36. Great pigmentation! So similar to the color tattoos, I see! At least these are more inexpensive!

    xo, Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color pay off is really impressive and it wears well through the day as well. Xx

      Delete
  37. Very nice Eyeshadow, exactly my color. Thank you for showing

    Glamupyourlifestyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, great color and pigmentation. :)
    fashionhappenss.blogspot.sk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is so lovely and smooth and it goes on without any dragging at all :o). Xx

      Delete
  39. I really want to try one of these and that green shade looks to pretty. It's a little out of my comfort zone but I may just give it a try.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other shades are lovely too particularly the pink one :o). Xx

      Delete
  40. Great selection of products!! I love the colours of the nail polishes!!

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm in love with their lipsticks :)

    www.magdalennes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, me too - I can't get enough of the Colour Boost LIp Crayons :o). Xx

      Delete
  42. the blue nail varnish is gorgeous!

    check out my latest posts and enter my giveaway
    http://georgiaanicolaou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  43. Have only used a few products from Bourjois but really want to try their eyeshadow now

    xoxo One Stiletto At a Time fashion and beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll also pick up a few of the other shades and hopefully they'll be equally great with pigmentation :o). Xx

      Delete
  44. Great blog! Bourjois are a fantastic brand, I really want to try their cream blush :
    http://lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you - thank you very much! Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!