Friday 1 November 2013

Isadora palette

Earlier this week I did a review of one of the Isadora products that I bought a month or so ago - a nail polish in Loden Green, and I thought I would continue with a few other Isadora items I bought at the same time by doing a review of an eye shadow palette and a chubby stick for lips.

This has really been the season of the palettes. I don't think I have ever seen so many alluring and gorgeous little palettes in different color shades and I'm sure there are more to come with all the Christmas and festive specials just around the corner. For some reason I'm always drawn to palettes, and when I saw the Isadora Eye Shadow Palette in 59 Creamy Nudes I just had to try it. It's a sleek little plastic package with a great mirror and a sponge and brush applicator that contains five lovely matte eye shadows, and to be honest it was the shades that did it for me. We've seen a lot of gorgeous combinations of chocolate and neutral shades, but this combination was a little unusual with it's delicate pastels.  

Since the shades don't have individual names or no:s I'll describe them from left to right:
1. Elegant matte golden cream - perfect to use as a highlighter or as a neutral base for a "no make up" look.
2. Gentle matte powder pink - lovely to use as a base for either the lilac or the grey shades.
3. Cool matte lilac with a silvery undertone - also works great as a base for the grey shades.
4. Soft timberwolf gray with a warm undertone - mostly matte, but with very faint occasional shimmer, lovely as an accent color to the pinks.
5. Warm gunmetal gray - perfect for a smokey eye or as an eyeliner.

All the shades feel very creamy to use, particularly if you apply them using your fingers and they sit well on the eye without creasing and with no fall out even from the darker shades, so from that point of view they are fairly long lasting. However, as pretty as the shades are, the pigmentation isn't great, and you'll need to apply and blend out a couple of layers before you get a good payoff. In the photo below I've got three layers of blended shades, and still the pink and lilac eye shadows are quite faint. The lack of pigmentation is a bit of a disappointment, but it does make this palette great for days when you're going for a very subtle and natural wide eyed look. Since I quite like a heavy eye, the combination that I have used the most is the lilac and gunmetal shades, which together create a graceful and elegant look.
From left to right:
Eye shadow 1. Golden cream
Eye shadow 2. Powder pink
Eye shadow 3. Cool lilac
Eye shadow 4. Timberwolf gray
Eye shadow 5. Gunmetal gray
Twist Up Gloss Stick - 03 Sugar Crush

Another type of product that is all over make up counters everywhere is the "chubby stick" for lips, and almost every week we see a new gorgeous shade introduced. When I bought the Isadora Twist Up Gloss Stick I was looking for a delicate pink shade, and I honed in on Sugar Crush which is a warm, sheer and slightly shimmery salmon pink with a slight blue undertone. The formula is very moisturising, but it doesn't only hydrate the lips, it plumps them as well and it feels lovely and light to wear. Since it has a semi-transparent coverage it doesn't dry in that horrible way that some lip products do, and when it fades after about 2-3 hrs it does so in a natural way, all over your lips and you do need to retouch it throughout the day. I really enjoy the natural and glossy finish of the gloss stick and I will try to get some more shades brought over when my family visit for Christmas.

For me the gloss stick is the winner out of these two Isadora products because of the beautiful natural finish. But despite the lack of pigmentation I do enjoy using the eye shadow palette and there's also something very practical about having everything you need in one little box in your handbag, and I have a feeling it's not the last palette I'll be getting this season. Have you treated yourself to a nice palette or do you have on on your wishlist, if so I'd love to hear your recommendations?

58 comments:

  1. I have the same matte eye shadow palette from Isadora but with the brown/neutral shades. I agree with you on the pigmentation. The pigmentation of the darker shades is good but it's difficult to work with the lighter shades. That's why I rather tend to use other palettes although I think the shades of the Isadora palette are very pretty.

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amelie, ah yes that looked very pretty too - yes it's a shame, hopefully they could do something about the pigmentation in future products :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. Kollade du in IsaDoras Highlands-palett? Den är otroligt fin och passar bra till sotningar och lite mera dramatiska sminkningar. De släpper två paletter om fyra ögonskuggor nu med vinterkollektionen som är superfina också. Twist-up Gloss Sticken är fantastiska! Jag har Coral Cocktail och Cherry Pie och älskar dem till döds. Har hajat till flera gånger när jag något av dem på mig, för att läpparna ser helt plötsligt annorlunda ut. På ett bra sätt. Fylligare och slätare liksom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallå där! Oj det låter spännande, jag får be mamma gå och kolla, det skulle vara perfekt med en ny paljett i julklapp. Tack för rekon, då tror jag att jag vill prova Coral Cocktail - jag är lite svag för korall läppa, även om det nästan är mitt i vintern. Ha en härlig dag :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. I've had palettes like these as well where some of the shades doesn't come out as expected and so much effort needs to be done to be able to get a better result. I love the colors of the palette that you have. Its just sad some of the lightest colors don't work that well. But I do still want to try it myself should I find one ;) Thanks for sharing Charlotte! Have a great day! hugs and kisses!

    always
    shannel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's the trouble I usually have with palettes - that I love 2-3 of the shades but barely touch the others, I never learn :O): Thanks a million and have a great weekend! Xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful colors!!! nice blog! I added you by g+ too!
    would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin? let me know...
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Marcela! Thank you so much for visiting my blog - that would be lovely, you have such amazing style posts on your blog! Following you now on both GFC and BL. Hope you see you here again soon :o). Besos

      Delete
  5. The darker shade looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely and the pigmentation is great on this one too :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. What a nice collection of colors! Seems like a wonderful palette! Kinda a bummer about the pigmentation though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Kallie - yes it was a bit disappointing, but I will still wear the shades, I guess I just need to really slap it on LOL. Have a great day! Xx

      Delete
  7. The palette has gorgeous colors. Keep in touch I have not seen a comment from you.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty, and I'd love to try some other combinations - seems like they've got some new releases coming now for Christmas :O). Have a great weekend! Xx

      Delete
  8. I must start wearing pastel shades on my lids; this palette looks absolutely lovely! :)

    sugarspice-andallthingsnice.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Sophie and thanks for visiting! It's the pastel shades that I liked so much about this one - and I know it might be more for Spring or Summer, but it makes a nice change :O). Have a nice weekend! Xx

      Delete
  9. Those shades would make a good shadow base

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree with you, so all is not lost despite the pigmentation issuette :O). Xx

      Delete
  10. Lovely pale colours thank you for swatches, they will be perfect for everyday makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - have a great weekend! Xx

      Delete
  11. Such a pretty palette
    ...love all the colours
    ...and girl!!..I see you had a nice vacation...you arm seems to be having a lovely tan!.. ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Shubha - thank you so much my lovely! I can't believe I've still got color from this summer - it must be all that moisturising :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. pretty palette !!! thank you for swatches XOXO
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, that's very nice of you! Xx

      Delete
  13. I love the look of the gloss, but the lack of pigmentation would put me off the palette,though the colours look nice.
    www.naomitalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, and I did swatch it in the shop beforehand. Strange how it sometimes doesn't turn out great anyway. Xx

      Delete
  14. Gorg colours, i love this! also in reply to your recent tweet- would love to see an outfit of the day!! :)

    www.kerryhazelross.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Kerry, thank you so much, that's really lovely of you! :) - I've been thinking about doing an OOTD it for a while, so perhaps I'll do a trial run soon and see how it goes :). Have a super weekend! Xx

      Delete
  15. These look lovely. I know what you mean, there are so many lovely pallettes available at the moment - too tempting!

    http://alittlebitofjenn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn - thanks a million, hope you have a great weekend! Xx

      Delete
  16. What a beautiful palette! I love your photographs too, very stylish. Great post Charlotte x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, wishing you a wonderful weekend :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. This palette looks so great! (: great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - the pastels are lovely and delicate, I just wish the pigmentation was equally strong in all of them :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. great :) lovely colours ;)
    pozdrawiam ;)
    http://karoraa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really nice of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. That colour palette looks really good! I really like your blog! I'm glad that I found it! It would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too (I'm from England) as I post my outfits, personal style, likes and much more :) :)

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, that's so nice of you and I really appreciate it! I love your sense of style and the outfits. Am following you now and I hope you'll visit again soon :). Have a super weekend! Xx

      Delete
  20. Looks really good- mainly the brown shadow. :)
    fashionhappenss.blogspot.sk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes the darker ones are definitely more pigmented :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. This palette looks so good :) xo's

    Laura
    http://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shades are very lovely, but subtle :o). Xx

      Delete
  22. That gloss is definitely my favorite thing from the palette.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Katie, I agree with you - it was so wonderful and plumping! Xx

      Delete
  23. Now I know what pallets I must buy. I hope then I find them :)
    www.antymarka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, I hope you do! Have a good weekend :o). Xx

      Delete
  24. The chubby sticks look great but in the UK, I find their all slightly over priced for the pigmentation and lasting power

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bourjois do some really good ones with wonderful shades too :o). Xx

      Delete
  25. thanks for the review! I had never heard of this brand! Currently, I am lusting over some lorac, tarte, and nars palettes. It's too bad I'm broke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, my list of things to try grows with every blog I read :O). Xx

      Delete
  26. Wow, I really like that eye shadow palette. The neutral matte shades would look so perfect with red lips for the holidays. :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, I'll have to try that look and see how it works :o). Have a great weekend! Xx

      Delete
  27. That palette is absolutely gorgeous! Might give it a try myself! Thanks for the great post!

    Alice X

    http://brushofbeauty17.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow you've got some really nice shots there!

    check out my blogsale if you like =) http://tzeyien89.blogspot.co.uk/p/blogsale.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's very nice of you :O). Xx

      Delete
  29. I think the eyeshadow is lovely in the palette but I would also like more pigmentation> good to hear you're still getting use out of it though!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pigmentation is always the biggest downfall when it comes to palettes, but I'll make it work :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!