Tuesday 25 March 2014

All good things come to those who duty free

As you may know I have been away from the UK for a while to visit my family, and when I came back not only was Him Indoors away on his travels and  I got back to an empty house - but my cat completely ignored me for about 24 hrs.... I was not feeling the love.. Well good thing I had a gianormous duty free haul to be happy about instead. It's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for me to have this heaven called duty free and not buy a single thing, but even I will admit that I went completely over board this time around. I tell myself that I do these things to relax before flying or so that you won't have to splurge... and if I chant those excuses aloud enough times, it makes it real. Anyway, let's just look at what I got over the last few days and I'll split the products into three groups; perfumes, skincare and makeup, but please note that this is just a teaser and that I will post detailed reviews of the products as I work my way through them.

Let's start with the perfumes, and the first one is so brand new that it's not even available in the shops quite yet, although it's supposed to be as of March - and it's the stunning Exotica from Roberto Cavalli. It's a lovely tropical and fruity scent and slightly floral scent and I have a feeling this will be one of my favorites this season. Next perfume is fairly new, it's the Elie Saab L'Eau Couture EdT (£31) which is a light and fresh, sophisticated spring like scent - and what a beautiful classic bottle! Last in the perfume bunch is Fan di Fendi Eau Fraiche (£33) which is a beautiful green, spicy and fresh scent - very comforting and harmonious.

First in the skincare group is a great little kit that would make a fab present for someone, myself e.g... the Ole Henriksen The Whole Truth Kit (£45) contains three full sized anti ageing products - serum, moisturiser and an eye cream, to revitalise and brighten the skin, and I'm very excited to testing this out. I also got a new night cream that I had had my eye on for a long time, Origins High Potency Night-a-Mins (£34) which is supposed to add radiance to the skin and make it look wonderful and refreshed in the morning. I have high hopes for this and fingers crossed it lives up to my expectations.

On to the really fun bits - makeup! My favorite designers are Dolce & Gabbana - I love the passion, opulence, sensual playfulness and very distinct point of view of their designs and I have finally taken the plunge into their makeup range, which proved to be a slippery slope for me into complete decadence starting with the Dolce & Gabbana Smooth Eye Colour Quad (£39.50) in Stromboli which has a beautiful bronzed, warm and earthy range of shades - stunning! That lead to a Dolce & Gabbana Classic Cream Lipstick (£24) in Cosmopolitan, which is a gorgeous creamy coral shade, a bit similar to MAC Vegas Volt which is another favorite of mine and I think it'll go beautifully with the warm quad. As a bonus I threw in Dolce & Gabbana's The Intense Nail Lacquer (£18.50) in Ibisco, which is a fresh and lovely warm pink and I'm really curious to see what the formula is like. i haven't even tried a single product yet and already I suspect that this is just the beginning of a new brand addiction. Last of the makeup is YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Luxurious Mascara (£23) in Brown for beautiful long lashes. Even though I adore the Baby Doll formula I wanted to try something different and having heard wonderful things about Volume Effet, I decided to take a bit of a risk and buy it, and if it's even half as good as the Baby Doll mascara, I'm on to a winner.
Let me know in the comments section which product you would like me to review first, and your wish is my command! Before you feel too sorry for me coming back to an empty house I guess I also have to mention that Him Indoors did eventually show up with a lovely bouquet of flowers, and the cat did come around and showered me with love - so I guess all good things to those who wait... or duty free...

83 comments:

  1. What can I say. You're spoiling yourself! And that's a good thing of course. :) I'm curious about the D&G makeup, never tried and never even heard about it.

    Blu Button Box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm soo excited to have finally got a few items so keep an eye out for a more detailed review soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. The D&G Eyeshadow Quad looks gorgeous, the colours look really good as well.

    http://beautyskooldropout2013.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many gorgeous shades, but this was the one that really stood out for me :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. Amazing duty free haul!! the Dolce&Gabbana packaging is wow so pretty! I'm also curious about the D&G make up products :) xx

    FeelBella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First impressions are great though - the packaging is lovely :o) Xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I've tried Ole Henriksen before but it's been a while and never a moisturiser or serum, so that will be super exciting :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. LOL - it's so luxurious isn't it :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. wow, nice! x

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Lots of goodies to look forward to :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. Oh wow, look at that loot! I vote the Origins High Potency Night-a-Mins. :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sold :o). I'm in desperate need to find a great night cream and fingers crossed this is "the one" :o) Xx

      Delete
  9. We all get happy when having cool items to try and as per your cat maybe it did miss you and is playing a game..
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too at least she doesn't hold a grudge :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. so many pretty things! that lipstick is a must! :)
    -
    Ester @ Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks amazing and I hope it feels as creamy on the lips as it looks :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Wow look at this haul! Love a bit of duty free. I really like the look of the D&G lippy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The range of shades was amazing and it was difficult to only go for one of them :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. lovely D&G make-up,beautiful colors
    I posted a new article, I'd love to know your opinion
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    fashion blogger pamela soluri
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  13. Duty Free is absolutely lethal, I'm always drawn in! You picked up some lovely things :)
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lethal for my bank balance that's for sure LOL! Xx

      Delete
  14. Gotta love Duty Free aha :') I'd love to see a review on the D&G Quad!

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh common with that duty free stuff who cares about anything else? lol xoxo

    http://strawberryleopard.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely right... at least for a few hrs or so :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. wow!! what a haul!!! so jealous, I love the sound of the Elie Saab perfume

    www.beckysbeautique.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting because I'm not really a fan of the first one, but this is completely my cup of tea :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. This is a great haul ! I especially love that awesome shade of dolce & gabbana lipstick, I want it ! And vegas volt is also a favorite of mine ! Kisses


    Fashion and Cookies
    Facebook / G+ / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brilliant shade - so versatile :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. Ooh love all your duty free things . Seems so amazing . Do you live at UK? Wish to visit there someday .

    xx
    theanotherpartofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, yes I'm in the South of the UK - it's a great place to visit :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. Wow so jealous of your duty free haul ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did spend a bit more than I had in mind, but hey ho - it means I'll spend next time... or at least that's the general idea :o). Xx

      Delete
  20. OMG loving all of these products!!! Such an amazing haul and you can't beat duty free!! Totally jealous!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree - somehow overspending doesn't count when it's on duty free :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. Great haul, you got some beauties! I'm going away soon and forgot all about the duty free, I'm even more excited now! x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we ever lose track of each other at the airport Him Indoors know exactly where to find me - Duty Free is more better than a meeting point ;o). Xx

      Delete
  22. excellent haul love D&G makeup :D
    http://smashinbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited to finally get to try some :o). Xx

      Delete
  23. Totally agree with you, duty frees are an evil temptation...nice shopping!

    Arianna, Nymphashion ♡

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Elie Saab L`Eau Couture, it one of my favorites this spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so different from the first scent they released and I'm completely hooked on this :o). Xx

      Delete
  25. I am a huuuuge fan of duty frees!!!! I love your buys!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes the traveling a little less painful :o). Xx

      Delete
  26. Replies
    1. I have a feeling it will be my new makeup crush :o). Xx

      Delete
  27. Hi dear, great job with this post. I love everything that you picked.


    I'am also on: Instagram @kennydaily, Bloglovin and Facebook (I follow back, just let me know your links)


    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts a Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. very nice things!

    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so curious about the D&G makeup, will be fun to try :o). Xx

      Delete
  29. This is pure heaven! I need it all!
    www.styleandbeautyforless.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh MY!!!!

    I am insanely jealous of all these bits!!!!!
    Ive just found your blog and its greatt :)
    Already given you a follow :)

    Stevie
    VintageAndVans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stevie, thank you so much for visiting and for your lovely comment. I hope you'll come back and visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  31. Some absolutely gorgeous products in this haul! You just got to love duty free!

    Claire xx
    http://sprinkleofclaire.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, and I'm already looking forward to the next one :o). Xx

      Delete
  32. I love shopping in Duty Free! I'm excited to find the Roberto Cavalli Exotica in stores as I love Acqua and hope this one is just as good x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me Exotica is even better than Acqua, it's a bit more floral and light, but absolutely DIVINE :o). Xx

      Delete
  33. I can't wait to hit Duty Free next month - it's like money doesn't count when you're in duty free.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. i so much agree with this title!
    great findings you got there!
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Replies
    1. Thank you - I can browse for hours :o). Xx

      Delete
  36. I love the color palette of the eye shadows....
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too - it's so lovely and earthy :o). Xx

      Delete
  37. Lovely-looking haul, Charlotte! I hope you had a great time visiting your family. xxx
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million Emma - I did, but time always goes too quickly :o). Xx

      Delete
    2. Yes, I know what you mean; I only see my family once or twice a year. Thankfully the next visit is in May for our wedding which is very exciting plus I'll be meeting my third niece for the first time! xxx

      Delete
    3. Oh WOW - you're getting married, that is SO exciting!!! Congratulations! It brings me back to my own wedding planning. Best of luck with it and enjoy every second, that too goes far too quickly :o). Xx

      Delete
  38. Great haul! You'll love the Ole Henriksen products :)

    http://ramyun-pie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will too - they seem so lovely :o). Xx

      Delete
  39. Holy cow I don't even know where to start with commenting - so many great things! I am particularly interested in trying that Ole Henrickson set.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did go a bit crazy as usual... :o). Xx

      Delete
  40. I love to travel & duty free! Great finds <3

    http://www.cindyslittleblackbook.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!