Monday 31 March 2014

March on my mind


When I was preparing to write this little regular summary of the month, I really had to think long and hard about March and list what I've done and initially I didn't think I would be able to come up with a lot, but I have to say that March has actually been a fab month. Let's just cover the weather and get it out of the way, in the South of the UK we've been lucky to have had several sunny days with temperatures around the 20 Celsius mark, which is unbelievable for this time of year.

As you may know I love taking photos of  well... everything actually... (after all I am known as The Happy Snapper), and at the start of the month I had the privilege of getting some private tutoring from a professional photographer which was an amazing experience and I learned so much, not only about how to use my camera to take better photos, but it was also very inspiring, and I have a feeling that I'll become a real photography geek eventually. I have one more session with the photographer in April and now that I've had time to learn about all the manual settings, I'm ready to experiment with different effects, so hopefully you'll see some slightly different coming up soon on the blog. I also attended a lovely Jo Malone event with the launch of the London Rain Collection, 4 wonderful scents themed on the scents after a refreshing March or is it April shower, and needless to say perhaps I picked up some goodies for us, which are yet to be reviewed. For someone who hates flying I spend a surprising amount of time on aircrafts and since it was my Dad's birthday I plonked myself on another flight, to spend some time with my parents in Sweden and since we hadn't seen each other since Christmas it was well overdue. We had some lovely days together just chatting away the time, having some amazing food (of course...) and going out on little day trips to familiar places that I love but don't get to see very often anymore. When I came back to the UK, another big event this month came up - I had managed to get more than 100 000 pageviews on the blog, which is an incredible milestone to reach and again I'm so thankful to all of you for the wonderful support you've given me since I started this blogging adventure!

I'm a bit of a culture vulture at heart, and something I had been looking forward to since September last year (and I'm not exaggerating in any way) was to see the fantastic Matthew Bourne version of Swan Lake. It's a provocative, sensitive and humorous interpretation and we had a fantastic time - and I needn't have worried, Him Indoors was absolutely thrilled about the performance, and if you do get a chance to see it I would highly recommend it. I don't know about you  but I'm already looking forward to April - more photography tutoring, Easter and some other exciting events coming up that I'll of course share with you.

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you - thank you so much :o) Xx

      Delete
  2. I'd love to get tutored by a photographer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great opportunity, and I'm so looking forward to doing the next one :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. LOL - I think there are quite a few of us around :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. lovely! <3

    xoxo,
    rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pics.
    Congrats!

    Kisses from www.withorwithoutshoes.com

    Today I bring you my first DECOLOOK...produced next to a Decoration Specialized blog, my outfit proposal to stay in a lovely hotel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's lovely - thank you very much :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. hahhha.. happy snapper is hilarious! great post as always Charlotte - love your writing:)

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you - thank you very much :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. Great post!! Congrats on your blogging milestone, that's awesome!! :)

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I never thought the day would come, but it did thanks to all the amazing support :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. Lol Happy Snapper! I like that. You're so lucky Charlotte! I wouldn't mind some tutoring from a photographer too. I'm looking forward to see the different effects you're going to learn. Happy belated b-day to your dad. Glad you enjoyed your stay :D

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million Mira - it was such a learning experience and all of a sudden it feels as if I have a brand new camera! :o). Xx

      Delete

  9. Congratulations on your milestone! That is incredible and I am so happy for you!
    The swan lake sounds like a delight!
    Wishing you all the very best for the month of April too!
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - and I hope everyone has a Happy April :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on hitting 100k page views! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats again hun! Thats amazing! haha happy snappers :P <3

    Lucie xx

    Fatbeautyx // Youtube

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post, Charlotte. :) I loved March, but I have a feeling there's better stuff in store for April, it's getting warmer here in Ireland,too. :)
    http://lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats again on 100000 page views! That's so great.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!