Monday 17 March 2014

Manic.Monday: Pink at Him

Let's continue celebrating the warm weather and embrace all the feeling of spring in the air this Monday with a gorgeous sheer light peachy pink polish from the amazing Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Colour (£6.99) range. This is probably one of my most exciting nail discoveries the last 6 months and it's now one of the collections I check out first when it comes to buying new nail polishes since it combines a fantastic selection of colors with a high quality formula. The formula is a 5-in-1 that has a built in base coat and top coat which seems to be fairly standard these days, and on top of that it also contains a nail strengthener and growth treatment that nourish the nails while you're wearing a gorgeous color - not very standard at all me thinks! Does it sound a bit too good to be true? Well let's see...

For me the Salon Manicure range is the cream of the crop of the Sally Hansen polishes, with almost 60 different colors in a lovely, heavy glass bottle that contains a very generous amount of product. The first few times that I tried the Salon Manicure range I wasn't confident enough in the claims that the built in base and top coat would be enough to protect my nails and to add enough shine for a high gloss finish, however a good few months down the line and many shades later I have now stopped applying a separate base and top coat with these polishes. I haven't seen any changes for the worse in terms of how long the wear lasts so it seems as if the polish still sticks well to the nail, and I haven't had any discoloration at all, even after wearing some very intense vibrant shades.
The formula has just the right density and it comes with a great wide brush that means that you get a next to perfectly even application in a brush stroke and a half. By now I have tried all kinds of shades from this range - from deep dark vampy to light and sheer and they all have wonderful pigmentation so if you wanted to, or you're in a rush you could stick to only one coat for a lovely finish, but as always I prefer two for a truly opaque finish. As for the top coat, the formula itself is definitely glossy enough that you don't need it, and in the photo I haven't used either base or top coat. It's easy to say how long a nail polish lasts before it starts to chip, but what is considered long wear is ultimately down to each individual. On me nail polishes from the Salon Manicure range last for about 5-6 days, which I think is very long lasting, and even when they do start to go you can get away with wearing it for another few days if you have the patience, or you can quickly remove it with minimum effort with any decent dip and twist nail polish remover.

The 5-in-1 concept is great and unlike claims from many other brands, for me this really works and although I'm a die hard polishaholic changing colors more often than I apply lipstick, I haven't had any problems of dry and brittle nails or discolorations and when Sally Hansen keeps launching beautiful shades like this perfect, versatile and delicate spring color I will keep coming back for more.

30 comments:

  1. This is such a simple and elegant colour! I think that this is the shade of pink tho\at would suit me best!

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. that color is perfect for spring! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been on the search for a subtle peach so super happy that you featured this!

    xoxo One Stiletto At a Time fashion and beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is so creamy and wonderful to use :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. That's such a pretty neutral color! Great for spring!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am a big fan of beige nail polish too. this is a pretty shade. great review.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This color is SO pretty-- pink without being too pink :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great description - absolutely right :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. this shade really look so cool and inviting! perfect for this warm spring over here ! love it

    Delightful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great versatile pale pink :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. Hi chick! I nominated you for a Leibster award! Check it out here: http://soapybubblesx.blogspot.ie/2014/03/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie, thank you so much for the nomination - it's reallly nice of you. Since I've alread done the Liebster last year, I won't actually join in this time and I hope you understand, but I'm very happy to join in another TAG. :O). Xx

      Delete
  9. That shade is so perfect for Spring! x

    the-secret-getaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you - it's lovely and sheer :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. I love the Sally Hansen complete salon manicure nail polishes! I probably have at least 4 nail polishes from that range. They have beautiful colors and the nail polish itself is great!

    http://www.evithefashionista.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thery're just brilliant aren't they and I'm already testing a new gorgeous shade from it :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. I love this range too, great quality polishes and really reasonably priced. I love this colour, it's so chic and pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree with you, still they don't get a mention that often which is a real shame :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you very much - it's a lovely version of a nude I guess :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. It's such an elegant shade! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennie, I agree - and it's so subtle too :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Lovely shade for spring time! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!