Monday 24 March 2014

Manic.Monday: Nails Inc Pudding Lane

T''is the season to do pastels - la la la la laaa, la la la laaa... Every self respecting brand seems to have launched at few pastel colored polishes this spring and summer, and despite having a good few mint greens, baby blues, and lilacs already in my polish collection I so WANT to get a few news ones. But somehow  there is clearly a reasonable bone in my body because I have managed to resist the majority of the new releases and there are also other ways of doing pastels than just wearing gorgeous ice cream colored soft shades. One of the more fun pastel effects this seasons is the Speckled Egg effect from Models Own (guess what I'll be sporting this Easter...) which makes me think back to what is for me "the original" speckled effect polish released in 2012 - Nails Inc's Pudding Lane (£5), which was one out of four deliciously pretty speckled glitter polishes in different pastel shades; pink, grey, cream and blue.
The base color of Pudding Lane is a beautiful light Maya blue and the formula is very dense with glitter particles that come in dark as well as medium blue, bright lime green and silver. Since the particles are heavy in comparison with the formula, it's important that you shake the bottle before you apply it to make sure the pretty particles don't sit at the bottom and you hardly get any on the brush. The formula is the usual nice consistency like all Nails Inc polishes, and although the brush is of fairly average width you get a good amount of product and glitter as well on it, so you don't have to be careful when you place the glitter on the nail, you'll still get a fairly even distribution of it. The pigmentation of the Maya blue base is great and although I always recommend using two coats, you'll get a nice build up for a beautiful opaque finish and just enough glitter to get the right candy like sprinkle effect. I would also highly recommend that you apply a high shine top coat, for the sprinkles to glitter as much as possible.

On my nails this polish lasts about 3-4 days before it starts to chip and before you think - "pretty but tricky to remove", let me set your mind at ease since the sprinkles are so tiny and fine that they don't stick to the nail the same way as a lot of the coarser glitters, making it much easier to remove the polish than you might think, even with acetone free polish removers. I love the beautiful contrasts between the base shade and the sprinkles and I think this is a great, fun and whimsical way to do pastels this season but in a way that isn't plain or predictable, but shows personality and cheekiness. The only bad thing about this pretty polish, is that it always puts me in the mood for cupcakes or Krispy Kreme doughnuts - extra sprinkles anyone...? Let me know which color of polish or even specific polish you would like me to review in our next Manic.Monday, and don't forget - only 4 days left to Friday!

61 comments:

  1. This is very pretty. Reminds me of the Maybelline color show limited edition ones a little.

    Kate | A British Sparkle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true actually, it's got that same "speckled feel" :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. perfect nails for spring!!
    xx
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a fun nail polish <3

    http://www.cindyslittleblackbook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it and have the Pink version too :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I agree - it's a beautiful blue shade and the sprinkles are perfectly matched :o). xx

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful shade with an adorable name :)) xx

    www.MissMakeupMagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I always want to eat something yummy when I look at it :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. This is sooo cute! I love that it has a cupcake on it :)

    Oh! If you have an outfit in which you stepped outside your comfort zone, please email it to me so it can be featured in an upcoming post :)

    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million - I'll have a think and see if I can contribute :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. This looks delicious! It's good that it isn't overally difficult to remove, stubborn glitter polishes are a nightmare!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely can be, but this is a piece of cupcake in comparison to others :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. such a cute polish for easter and spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love this nail polish so sweet and blue!
    xoxo
    http://pandamone.blogspot.com/2014/03/noir-blanc.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is - it always makes me think of candy :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. such nice nails!! perfect for Spring!

    xx

    isa

    www.un-likely.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. dreamy color...!!
    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes - it's lovely and so whimsical :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. oh so pretty and reminds me if Maybelline. the review is excellent. thanks for sharing.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of the coolest nail polishes I've seen in a while! It gives such a good effect! xx

    Mapped Out | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect nails!
    Amazing blog :)
    Follow?
    www.seeelow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so impressed with the pigmentation of the color + the amount of sprinkles in the nails! Such a fun/pretty way to spruce up your nails for springtime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Carly, I completely agree it's a lovely and fun mix :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. very great post! Will definitely wait for your next.



    xoxo;
    Glitter DailyBeauty Blog


    Like GD on Facebook
    Follow GD on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. Thanks a million - it's a happy, playful look :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. hmm I'm not sure I'd wear it personally, I've not really been feeling the speckled mini egg nail look or these polishes. Either way, Lovely post and I wish my nails were as long as yours <3

    Lucie xx

    Fatbeautyx // Youtube

    ReplyDelete
  19. Replies
    1. I love it, and the pink version is gorgeous too :o). Xx

      Delete
  20. Replies
    1. I agree - the creamy blue base is fab! :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. This polish is amazing! It makes me think of parties and cupcakes and the ocean!! Beautiful!

    Rachel | AMomentInTime.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great description - completely agree with you :o). Xx

      Delete
  22. This is so gorgeous, I've never seen a shade like it!
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's an unusual color combination :o). Xx

      Delete
  23. Nails inc always does the best special effects polishes! Xx


    Http://mehshake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do come up with some lovely effects :o). Xx

      Delete
  24. Thank you so much, that's very nice of you :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the effect i have been tempted to get these !
    The Inked Blonde-vintageMel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It' a little bit unusual and the colors are so lovely :o). Xx

      Delete
  26. This effect is so pretty & fun. I love the blue too.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! I definitely have a thing about it :o). Xx

      Delete
  28. I love this polish, it's just so pretty and perfect for spring and summer! :D I nearly bought it when it first came out, but lack of funds prevented it. :(

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean - I've managed to pick them up in the sales - every little counts :o). Xx

      Delete
  29. This looks so lovely on your nails! I really want one like this, need to go shopping I think!:)x

    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm loving blue nails at the moment and this is a wonderful shade for Spring and the Easter hold coming up.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, it's a really fun look :o). Xx

      Delete
  31. Lovely nails! Love the name too! xxx
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG superrrrrr fun color!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!