Sunday 23 March 2014

The unintentional His n' Hers - Prada Infusion

If you've read one or two or maybe even more of my previous posts - first of all Thank you so so much for being a regular visitor! and secondly, you've probably noticed hat I'm a bit of a perfume collector and to me scent can make or break an outfit, it can make me want to buy a product or run in the opposite direction and it even regulates my mood. Luckily I'm not alone in my obsession with fragrance and I am not actually not exaggerating in any way when I say that Him Indoors buys more scent than I do. But don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining, after all it's always nice with a man who wears something nice smelling and who appreciates that some moods and outfits requires a very particular scent that might not work with another look. It also means that every time we're shopping we always casually peruse the perfume counters for something new and interesting or a timeless classic that deserves to be rediscovered. I have however noticed that quite often we seem to go and try different things separately, pick up what we want and at the checkout we discover that we've bought something from the same brand - a completely unintentional His N' Hers... Seriously, this has happened on quite a few occasions, which is why I will do a series of His N' Hers scents starting with some amazing creations by Prada; Infusion d'Iris EdT (£39.95) and Infusion d'Homme EdT (£29.95).

Ladies first - so let's start with Infusion d'Iris EdT (£39.95). All the Infusion scents come in a beautiful bottle with a strict and understated design that combines the modern look with a vintage feel from the trademark Prada emblem, and depending on the ingredients the color of the bottle stop varies e.g. so far we've seen it in green, gold, pink, orange, fuchsia and this version has a white top. The bottle for the EdT is beautifully frosted and the perfume itself has a nice, fresh looking light green color. This is a is a lighter version of the original Prada EdP that was released in 2007, but the ingredients are quite different and personally I think they are completely distinct in their own ways. While the original EdP is a bit too heady and heavy for me with its oriental feeling from incense, orange blossom, vetiver and cedar, the EdT is fresh, soft and stylish. The notes are light, floral and very slightly powdery using iris, neroli and heliotrope on a woody base. It's a modern, distinct and very sophisticated scent giving off a very confident and independent impression. 
All the Infusion scents, regardless if they're for women or men have some notes in common and for Infusion d'Homme EdT (£29.95) it's the earthy woodiness from vetiver, cedar and of course also the floral element of iris. But it also has a very light and gentle aroma of neroli and benzoin, which smells a little bit like vanilla, only a bit more oriental. It's a very fresh, sparkling and sunny warm scent that makes me think of the Mediterranean, but it also has a lot of character. This is a modern and masculine statement perfume with a slightly androgynous feel, and I have actually "borrowed" it quite often and some days I actually prefer the dry, woody crispness of it to the floral powdery EdT for women. We haven't exactly got joint custody of Infusion d'Homme yet, but it does smell fantastic on women too and all sharing in a relationship is good right?

If you have a passion for perfumes, it's always worth checking Fragrance Direct since they have a great range of scents at slightly discounted prices, and you get free delivery if you order for more than £40 - it might be something to remember for Mother's Day or any birthdays that are coming up.

34 comments:

  1. well...being a regular reader of your lovely blog...I have seen a glimpse of what a great collection you have. You should do a perfume collection post...!!
    ..infact..one or two perfumes in y collection are courtesy ...you..
    stay awesome!
    <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - thank you so much Shubha, that's sooo sweet of you :o) Have a great day :o)! Xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks a million - yes they do have a lovely range of scents :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Charlotte, I hope you are well. It making me want to smell it now, I find Prada can be a hit or miss when it comes to scent. Hmm might try next time i'm in a department store.
    http://www.annanuttall.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anna, I know what you mean Armani is a bit like that for me. I really REALLY want to like the scents but so far only one of them has suited me... :o). Xx

      Delete
    2. I find myself only really liking Miss Dior perfume. xx

      Delete
    3. Then you should try the latest release :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely post. I often find myself liking scents that are supposed to be unisex, such as many of the Jo Malone line. Perhaps you and Him Indoors need to start buying unisex scents and just sharing them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always on the lookout for new scents and Prada have got a few nice ones! Will deffo be smelling this when I'm next out and about :)

    Lucie xx

    Fatbeautyx // Youtube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me the EdT is better than the EdP since that is a bit too powdery for me, but if you like e.g. Jean-Paul Gaultier, then it might be just right :o). xx

      Delete
  6. I have never tried a perfume from Prada before, maybe I should :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never use perfume, but I did enjoy reading this post as always!
    Congratulations on 100,000 pageviews! :)

    Kisses!
    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, i have to trie it i think :-D
    Greets,
    Silvi♥
    THE ZONE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the crispness of the Infusion for men - it's just so fresh :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. Agree completely fragrance is such an important part of ones "look". I love Coco Chanel's saying "a lady who doesn't wear perfume has no future".

    xoxo One Stiletto At a Time fashion and beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a fabulous quote - LOVE it :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. I don't blame you for collecting perfumes i love trying out new perfumes in shops!x
    Please view my blog , I walk In Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post!

    http://thefashionprincessblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  12. how lovely!
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing like a bit perfume to brighten your day :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. My boyfriend has more scents than me ha! I'd like to smell the men's one, it sounds really nice.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely - that fresh zestyness as if you're straight out of a shower :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. I remember when I first smelled Infusion D'Iris a few years back, I was so impressed. Although it sounds like it could be a simple scent, based on description ("Oh, it's an iris scent," is all that I would say, I think!), not all iris soliflores are created equal. Prada's version smells so luxe and expensive, and so full-bodied that it doesn't need anything else to enhance it.

    Chic and Alluring Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree - it's definitely a luxurious scent :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. ahh this looks like such a great smell--I'll definitely have to try it out! Thanks for this!

    <(") Hoda || JooJoo Azad ~ Free Bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely and fingers crossed you like it :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. You are really chic! Love you blog!!
    Plase visit me back :)
    http://ylieby.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that' very nice of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. Great post, and cool blog ;)
    http://emiliexnicoline.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!