Thursday 6 February 2014

In the Garden of Eden...

I love eyeshadow palettes, and I particularly love Sleek palettes so it won't be a surprise to anyone when I say that for me one of the most anticipated makeup releases this Spring was the Sleek i-Divine (£7.99) Garden of Eden, a beautiful colorful palette with three matte and nine shimmering eye shadows in earthy, muted purple and green shades for a vibrant, dramatic look. I love the whole concept of using the Garden of Eden as an inspiration for the nature inspired color range and the colors have fabulous tongue in cheek names like Fig, Eve's Kiss and Python.

The Sleek palettes are exactly that - sleek! The packaging is thin, light and since it has a large mirror in the lid, it's great for carrying with you in a handbag and it's so slim that it'll easily even fit into an evening clutch bag. Like many other palettes there's a double ended sponge applicator included which unfortunately is very stiff and unpleasant to work with, and I find that sponge tips that are this hard and inflexible usually break off after only a couple of uses. Saying that though, the quality (or lack of) of the applicator isn't a big deal for me since I'll use my growing collection of Real Techniques shade brushes in the morning when I apply the eye shadows, and I'll only ever use the sponge applicator for on the go touch ups.
The pigmentation in all of the twelve eye shadows is very intense, and even surprisingly so in the lighter as well as the matte shades. The consistency of the eye shadows is very creamy and because of the strong pigmentation you only need a light dab of the brush in the pan and you've got enough product to cover the entire eyelid. If like me you're a bit heavy handed sometimes and you swirl the brush around a lot in the pan you will notice that some of the eye shadows (particularly the green colors) very easily start to crumble - so best to use a light touch when you apply. Because of the creamy formula the product sets very quickly without creasing and once it's set - it stays put all day, so although the formula isn't specifically smudge- or waterproof it has great long lasting qualities.

So, let's have a closer look at these paradisaical, organic colors: Gates of Eden - Shimmering golden sandy brown, Eve's Kiss - Shimmering lavender pink, Paradise on Earth - Shimmering mulberry, Python - Shimmering muted plum, Forbidden - Faint shimmering dusky mute mauve, Flora - Matte maroon, Entwined - Shimmering light redwood, Adam's Apple - Matte green yellow, like a Golden Delicious apple, Fig - Shimmering light olive green, Evergreen - Shimmering grass green, Fauna - Shimmering jungle green, Tree of Life - Matte dark pine green
 
From left to right
Top Row - Gates of Eden, Eve's Kiss, Paradise on Earth, Python, Forbidden, Flora
Bottom Row - Entwined, Adam's Apple, Fig, Evergreen, Fauna, Tree of Life

It's plain to see that you can create very bold and vibrant looks with this palette, but even if you usually shy away from color and are more comfortable with natural shades this palette also allows you to create soft, subtle and dreamy looks using the shades in the top row. My favorite day time look using these colors is combining Gates of Eden with Entwined, and if I need a pop of color, I'll add Fig for a subtle green finish. For evening wear you can create a heavy smoky effect using e.g. Python, Flora and Tree of Life and you could even use this palette to follow the pastel trend by using Eve's Kiss and Adam's Apple. I've really enjoyed experimenting with the palette; it's a great concept, the eye shadows are wonderfully pigmented, long lasting and pleasant to wear. Regardless of whether you love color or prefer a natural look these heavenly shades are too much of a temptation to resist!

101 comments:

  1. Oh wow! The colours are so amazing! I love this palette!
    I am loving the greens!

    Relationships.College.Love
    New post on the blog: Valentine's Day OOTD: Look 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - the colors are actually really wearable and I love to combine the golden sand and purples :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my, the colours in this are stunning! I love the soft greens, they are gorgeous! Will be getting this one for sure!

    Sarah Lilly
    The Lilly Mint Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be disappointed - the pigmentation is amazing and it's a very good price too :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. Ah so many great color, perfect colors for spring. i like the purple shades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're wonderfully long lasting and creamy - a great palette :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. So beautiful! I like the most light green's!
    http://pearlinfashion.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're beautiful aren't they - I love the pistachio color :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. Den ser ju bara sååååå fint ut, måste köpa på mig den. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det är jättehärlig kvalitet och superbra pris :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. What gorgeous colours! I love Sleek palettes - feel like I need this one for Spring now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely and the quality is excellent :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely palette xo

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I bought it, I just wish I'd gone for the limited edition snake print packaging instead :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. Your are right, this palette is sleek! I love its light shades.

    Jasmine xx For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really wearable and I just need to find a great matching lip product now :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. I love Sleek palettes, and this one looks amazing for the spring!

    Arianna, Nymphashion ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very beautiful and I love that it's so different from most other palettes on the market at the moment :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. Fauna is a gorgeous color!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be perfect for a smokey look :O). Xx

      Delete
  11. Those earthy tones are perfect for me, great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you, thanks a million :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. Beautiful colours, such gorgeous greens. You cant beat a bit of sleek xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true and their range of shades is just fab :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. I haven't tried any Sleek eyeshadow palettes but love their blushes and the price are amazing!
    I am very tempted to give this palette a try as I love the different shades and tones.

    Jessie @ www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is great and I don't think you'll be disappointed :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Good review, this palette is amazing and the colors are very gorgeous!
    Kisses
    The Indian Savage Diary

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore sleek shadows & this set looks gorgeous love the green shades.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so wonderful and pigmented aren't they :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. Love this palette, Its a great way to start using colour in a subtle way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These colours are amazing, so me!
    GEMSIES
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeay, They're so gorgeous to work with - a complete bargain for £7.99 :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. The pigmentation is amazing - as with all Sleek palettes, highly recommend it :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. I've been really wanting to try this! Thanks for the post, I think my mind has been made up! x

    http://hepburnspixiecrop.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do get it, let me know what you think of it :o). Xx

      Delete
  20. What a bargain! Fauna is such a lovely shade.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect for an intense dramatic look :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. Thank you so much - I highly recommend this palette :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wowieee how pretty is that?!? I'd love to see what looks you can create with the green shades!
    Def one to look out for

    Rosie xo
    rosiemickhaiel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great palette and I'm so happy with it, will do a look with it at some point in a few weeks :o) Xx

      Makeup by Candlelight

      Delete
  23. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's definitely different from what's most popular at the moment :o). Xx

      Delete
  24. Love those colors!!

    <3
    Pamela
    http://sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really lovely to wear and the pigmentation is fantastic :o). Xx

      Delete
  25. I've only found out about Sleek a while ago and I absolutely love their eye palette collection and personally I'm looking forward to checking them out in person this weekend. Knowing me, I'll probably end up buying a couple cos I love the Vintage Romance as well.

    Toria (toria-creativemine.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes - that's another beauty, in fact I could probably buy all of them too :o). Xx

      Delete
  26. i am loving this palette !! the colors are great :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great affordable palette, definitely recommend it :o). Xx

      Delete
  27. I love that this one has a lot of green in it! My favorite shade to work with :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful palette! What amazing colors!
    Alessandra
    www.alessandrastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this palette, even the name of it is so pretty!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the names of the different shades are so fun and cheeky :o). Xx

      Delete
  30. I'm currently loving all sleek products, they're such good quality for the affordable price tag x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more, and with every new product I try I love the brand even more :o). Xx

      Delete
  31. Beautiful palette! The shades are gorgeous :)
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    Goodie Bag giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely combination of colors and the pigmentation is excellent :o). Xx

      Delete
  32. so pretty really get you in the mood for spring. Can't wait !!

    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, I'm so fed up with all the winter storms and rain - bring on the sun! :o). Xx

      Delete
  33. Cannot get over how beautiful this palette is.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's colorful but lovely and subtle too :o). Xx

      Delete
  34. I have never really ventured into the greeny eyeshadows but this palette looks so tempting! x
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  35. I so wish we had Sleek in the US! All of the products look so lovely!
    xoxo Lauren
    www.willsingformakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's a shame when there are so many beautiful palettes to choose from :o/. Xx

      Delete
  36. The palette is great, so beautiful colors.

    xoxo, Sarah
    http://modemarathon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. That's so lovely of you - thank you VERY much :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really love the colors of this palette! Great colors for Spring this year! Thanks so much for your comment earlier dear and have a good night!
    Easy Outfits, by Pip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous unusual combination and it's an excellent value for money product :o). Xx

      Delete
  39. Such a beautiful palette, I keep eyeing it up! x
    notanotheroneamy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love this pretty palette, such stunning shades! Happy End of the Week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you and have a great weekend :o). Xx

      Delete
  41. That's a beautiful palette to have in one's makeup kit!

    Have a great day.

    ~ Seepz
    That Sassy Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's so lovely to use and the formula is fab :o). Xx

      Delete
  42. I love sleek pallets, and this one looks really great!

    btw, a have a cute giveaway on my blog, you can win 100$ to spend on sheinside.com. I would be so happy is you joined HERE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful - thanks for letting me know :o). Xx

      Delete
  43. I picked up this palette last week - absolutely love it!

    Amy xo
    www.vondork.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  44. This looks so good! I only recently heard of sleek when I did a beauty swap with someone in the US. I will defo be shopping for some for myself, and for future swaps in the near future. This palette is divine!
    Love Vicky
    http://aroundandupsidedown.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the quality of all the shades (including the matte ones) is great - which you don't often find with palettes :o). Xx

      Delete
  45. I'm not sure if we have this brand in Canada or not, but I love those colours! I can see myself having so much fun experimenting with that palette.

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fairly sure that Sleek delivers internationally - might be worth looking into :o). Xx

      Delete
  46. Lovely palette & affordable too. I wish we had this brand in the US, but I haven't seen it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can get hold of it, maybe order online -. it's well worth it and they also have amazing blushers :o). Xx

      Delete
  47. woah all those colors are great. The evergreen id love in a eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
  48. What beautiful colors! I love the Sleek palettes..economical and such good quality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely - I'd recommend them to anyone who hasn't tried them yet :o). Xx

      Delete
  49. Gorgeous-looking palette! I especially like the purple shades. xxx
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very versatile - you can go either bronzed, purple, green or a combination :O).

      Delete
  50. I am loving the greens in this palette! It's definitely something different :)
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow this is so gorgeous palette and shadows are pigmented and its perfect for spring time! <3

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy with it and would recommend any of the Sleek palettes :o). xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!