Saturday 22 February 2014

Dior's Trianon eyeshadow palette in Pastel Fontanges

A few weeks ago I shared with you my first impressions of the Diorblush Trianon Edition that I got after a great event at Debenhams to look at the beautiful new Spring collection. You may remember that I was a bit disappointed in the lack of pigmentation and really struggled to get any color payoff at all. With this fresh in my mind I have to say that I was a bit worried to try 5 Couleurs Trianon Eyeshadow Palette (£41) since the colors in 234 Pastel Fontanges are very sheer pastel shades, and I was prepared for the worst. The packaging is as usual glossy and sleek with a great mirror, two double-ended foam applicators and a handy velvet pouch to store the palette in when you're on the go. The applicators are fairly flexible to work with, and although I prefer to use brushes when I apply makeup at home they're definitely useful when you're out and about and you need to check your makeup. The eyeshadows are beautifully decorated with the embossed pearled ribbon and the cute little bow, and if like me you're drawn in by beautiful packaging - this will undoubtedly seduce you.
The colors in the Pastel Fontanges palette are pale and delicate with a luminous beautiful shimmer to them for a very fresh faced look:

Top left - a subtle light silver grey, which I've mostly used as a highlighter mixed with the lemon, or on its own in the evening.
Top right - a lovely soft periwinkle blue, that I've mostly used as a crease shadow in combination with the pink. 
Middle - a pale lemon chiffon color, perfect to use as a highlighter or as a base shadow in combination with the gunmetal gray, or another neutral shade. 
Bottom left - a creamy, soft gunmetal grey with a faint blue undertone, great for evening wear or as a contrast to the pink, blue or lemon. I have used this mostly as an eyeliner.
Bottom right - a gorgeous light ballerina pink which works really well as a base shadow in combination with any of the other colors of the palette or a glorious purple.

The texture of the eyeshadows on your skin is very creamy and blendable, and despite the sheerness of the colors the pigmentation is very impressive and I was surprised at how easy it is to build up color. Not only is the pigmentation great, but the eye shadows are also very long lasting without any creasing. I was absolutely amazed to see that the colors that I had applied in the morning were still in place, looking lovely and lustrous in the evening -  and I had only used my Urban Decay Eyeshadow primer and Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot powder to set them. 

The only thing I noticed was that the eyeshadows break up fairly easily, so you need to try and not be too heavy handed when you swirl your brushes, or you'll quickly see flakes of product falling out. Because of this I suspect that the beautiful pattern won't stay intact for long, and I've already noticed that the pink shade looks considerably less lovely than the other colors in a very short time. Since the eyeshadows are so shimmery I would also recommend that you try to be fairly precise in placing the product on the eyelid or under the eye, since it can be quite difficult removing excess shimmer without ruining the application or foundation.
234 Pastel Fontanges (in natural light)
234 Pastel Fontanges (in artificial light)

With this little box of beauties you can create some very pretty, subtle and fresh faced looks. Since it is a very pale and minimal look, it's essential that you've got a flawless foundation that has been properly set. Personally I think a matte look is the right way to go since the shimmery eye shadows in combination with a shimmery foundation is all too much and it would distract from the finesse of the eyeshadows. I'm thrilled about this palette, and so happy to find that there were no issues with pigmentation or wear at all, and I think that it'll be the perfect makeup to accompany a soft and romantic pastel colored summer outfit

60 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this looks perfect! This would really suit your skin tone!!

    Kate Xx
    themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm soooo happy with it. I was worried about the pigmentation but it's truly lovely :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. They are so pretty! http://rosebeautynow.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I love Dior shadows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm now extremely tempted to get the other Trianon palette too :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. This looks so pretty. Would love an eye makeup look with this xx

    www,stephellis531.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have read my mind - it'll be coming up in a few weeks :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. They are so beautiful, I think you just need to be careful not to wear too strong colors on your clothes so that the whole look really comes together :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. It looks so so so beautiful!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's stunning - I'm so happy with it, it even makes up for my disappointment with the blusher :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. I love his palette, I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors are so long lasting despite being sheer, it's wonderful :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. I'm glad this one is much better than the blusher! It's a bit of a shame they break easily but you can't have it all! Lovely colours.

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tara, well exactly and at least they wear well :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. I love great packaging! The pale lemon and grey colour are so wearable.

    Hollie
    holliefurniss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only shade I probably wouldn't wear all over the lid is the pale blue, but all the others are so much more versatile than you might initially think :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. It's gorgeous and I'm so happy I decided to try a range of colors that I probably wouldn't normally go for :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. This palette looks gorgeous, perfect for spring and I agree with going matte for those shadows x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes it's so lovely, and I might have a cheeky little look at some other products in the range too :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. Lovely review! Those colours look amazing!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's so nice of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. These colors are lovely! I love a nice light color on my lids :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a lot more wearable than you might think :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Such a ridiculously pretty palette!! The colours are beautiful.

    Rosie x itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so pretty! I need to get this in my collection :) xo's

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely palette, highly recommend it :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. Those pastel colors are perfect for the coming spring! ;D

    Kisses,

    Benedetta

    http://www.daddysneatness.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks so good! Xx

    New post: http://betweenmyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great shades of DIOR! So glad I clicked on your comment on THEBLONDESALAD and got led back here to yours. It's seriously full of GREAT info and juicy pics here! Just followed you on GFC and bloglovin', be sure to see more of you soon. By the way, I just posted my new layering (step-by-step) post on how to style some old CÉLINE floral trousers and make them new new again. Check it out to see how many layers does it take to get to the juicy center haha!

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2014/02/mr-fancy-pants.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and for the lovely comment :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. I love products like this with such a pretty pattern on them! They're almost too nice to use! The shades of this are really nice too, loveeeee the pinky shade xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink is such a gorgeous everyday shade :o). Xx

      Delete
  20. Stunning shades - these pastels are perfect for spring!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. The packaging looks gorgeous!
    http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it doesn't get prettier than this :o). Xx

      Delete
  22. Replies
    1. I think I've convinced myself to also get the other one :o). Xx

      Delete
  23. I have love hate relationship with dior eye shadows. I love the light blue color. I have a very similar one in lancome palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you mean. I've had mixed success with previous eye shadows :o). Xx

      Delete
  24. Really pretty and soft! Definitely a great spring quad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I think I'll get lots of use from it :o). Xx

      Delete
  25. This palette is to die for! I'm so in love right now! xx
    fiveonecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous and I'm so happy that I took a chance with the pastels :o). Xx

      Delete
  26. This is just so beautiful and luxurious! x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes - everything you'd expect from Dior :o). Xx

      Delete
  27. Man this looks so beautiful! I definitely want to try some Dior eyeshadows some day.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful - perhaps the one with pinks and purples would be interesting for you :o). Xx

      Delete
  28. I love this pallete :) You should do a make-up with it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention it, there will be one coming up in a few weeks :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!