Friday 7 February 2014

Water under the Bridge

I feel as if I've barely been outside in January. The days where it's not rained are few and far between and when you do see that big unfamiliar yellow thing in the sky - ah yes it's the sun, bloggers all over the country rush around to take as many photos as possible, while there's precious light and we all hurry out to enjoy it while it lasts. On this day we went down to the lake a couple of minutes away from the house for a walk and a cosy pub lunch at the Bridge Inn around the corner.
 
 
 Coat & Leather leggings: Next // Blouse: Jaeger //Shoe boots: H&M // Necklace: New Look // Ring: Vintage // Bag: Jimmy Choo

Although it's not actually cold at the moment I hate getting caught without a jacket, so I brought my belted off white Next coat that I've almost lived in this winter. It's a structured slightly military style coat with a stand up collar that you can buckle up and it's great both for day and evening wear. This was the first time I wore the Jaeger blouse that I bought in the sales after Christmas. It's a lovely thin, floaty and feminine cotton round neck blouse, and I really like the dainty pattern but to keep it from being too ditsy, I paired it with my charcoal grey leather leggings from Next and a long tribal golden disc necklace with gems from New Look - a real bargain at £2! The shoes boots from H&M with the high but chunky heel might seem a crazy option for a walk, but they are so comfortable I could run a marathon in them, and after all we were going for lunch as well... True to form I'm also wearing a statement ring and I this particular one I got years ago off eBay, and I love the gold metal discs and the green stones with its vintage feel. The handbag is my beloved Jimmy Choo and it's big enough to carry all my essentials, which these days also include a camera so it's perfect to bring for a leisurely day out. Hope you also get a chance to enjoy the few sporadic moments of sun we have to settle for at the moment and have a great day everyone! Xx


57 comments:

  1. The pictures are STUNNING, it's rainig here. I don't like rain
    Lovely top

    Relationships.College.Love
    New post on the blog: Valentine's Day OOTD: Look 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's so nice of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks a million Shubha - have a fab weekend :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. Great photos, love your shirt

    http://fashmongers.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you - thank you very much :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Love your top and coat! Anyways, would you like to follow each other? Follow me and ill follow you back instantly.

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - thank you and follow you now. Have a great weekend :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful location.. lovely pics
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that's really nice of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Loving the outfit Charlotte, such a pretty blouse with those leather leggings xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - have a great weekend :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I'm so happy about the necklace - I would have paid 10 times the price for it :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Ah - that's so nice of you, thank you very much :o), Xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I love wearing white in the winter :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. That blouse is so pretty, such a nice colour! The awful weather has seriously affected my outfit posts, today is sunny so I need to make the most of it before the storm comes tonight - WAH.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depressing isn't it... fingers crossed we do get Spring eventually :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Beautiful!
    XoXo

    www.acooltime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've missed you style! the weather is sucks, but you pull a beautiful look! love the print on the blouse :)

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos :) it's the same here in Ireland, not too sure what to wear day by day, don't want to be surprised by the cold or rain in the wrong clothes :P
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this continues I'll need a holiday with lots and LOTS of sun :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Love your pictures and your outfit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that shirt! Lovely outfit!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that's really lovely of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Thanks a million Lauren, that's really nice of you :O). Xx

      Delete
  17. you look fabulous, rain or shine. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's so lovely of you - thank you very much :O). Xx

      Delete
  18. you look so chic dear :) have a nice weekend ! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Have a great, relaxing weekend :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. Wonderful!!! I love the blouse.



    www.sugarpopfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million - I think I'll get a lot of wear out of it this spring :O). Xx

      Delete
  20. You look fabulous hunny, great pictures!

    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you - thank you very much :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. Your photos and your style are gorgeous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. ur hair is stunning!

    http://iamaleena.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nic eof you - thank you very much :O). Xx

      Delete
  23. You look lovely hun! and your top is so cute..
    Have a great weekend <3

    Xoxo,
    Faith
    http://loveroxie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah - thank you! It's not at all what I would usually go for but I'm glad I got it :o). Xx

      Delete
  24. You look gorgeous! Love your outfit head to toe! Come over to my blog to enter the Victoria Secret giveaway and keep in touch :-)
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you - thank you very much I really appreciate it :o). Xx

      Delete
  25. Amazing pictures dear.x Looking stunning! I love those 'sunny' moments, they just make everything seem better! Such a chic outfit, love the coat, blouse and necklace! Have a lovely weekend dear.x
    xxxx
    Stephanie
    vidathings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stephanie - that's really lovely of you. Hope you have an amazing weekend :o). Xx

      Delete
  26. You look stunning Charlotte! I love everything about this outfit!

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you - thank you VERY MUCH, hope you've had a super weekend :o). Xx

      Delete
  27. You look pretty lovely, nice outfit.

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!