Monday 24 February 2014

Manic.Monday: Peachy Keen with China Glaze

It's Monday again, and time to polish up on our polishes. A month or so ago I bought some lovely new nail polishes for spring and summer and one of those was China Glaze Peachy Keen (£4.38) which is a beautiful and radiant light coral color - simply perfect for summer. Yes I know it's still a few months to go before we're there, and I may not feel the warm sun on my face yet, but I can still channel a summery look on my nails
At the moment China Glaze isn't readily available on the high street in the UK, which is a real shame since it's an excellent brand with an amazing range of colors. So far I have tried three different shades and I have been extremely happy with all of them. Usually the formula has a great consistency and the polishes come with a superb wide brush that covers so much of the nail that you only need one brush stroke for each coat. With Peach Keen I found that the formula for some reason is a little bit thinner than the other shades that I have tried, so I had to wipe of the brush quite a few times to make sure that I only got a tiny drop of formula on the brush to avoid making a complete mess of the application. The pigmentation is so rich that despite using much less than I usually would, you still get a lovely opaque color with just one coat. As you know I usually apply two coats, which is also what I'm wearing in the photo however with China Glaze I have start to not use a top coat since the formula contains an ultra shine strengthening ingredient which also helps to make the polish chip resistant, and on average I would say that it lasts for about four days before you need to touch up.

Since the formula of Peachy Keen was a bit thinner I must admit that some of the nails got a slightly thicker coat than I would have wanted and I could tell that the wear wasn't as long lasting as it usually is, and I unfortunately noticed chipping already the day after I had applied the color on quite a few of my nails. However since it's such an easy to apply and quick drying polish I won't hold this against it and I've really enjoyed wearing this happy, sunny and summery versatile peachy color and I'm sure it'll look even more beautiful with a tan. You can easily get China Glaze online, and I prefer to get my stash from Beautybay.com since they often have some amazing deals and free delivery. If you haven't tried China Glaze yet I would highly recommend that you browse the fantastic range of shades and treat yourself to some gorgeous new polishes for summer.

46 comments:

  1. Perfect color for spring! Would be perfect for my outfit today.

    www.thesecretstop.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely and sunny and it makes me smile just looking at it :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. Underbar vår- och sommarfärg. Man blir glad av den. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eller hur, och tror den skulle vara super läcker med lite solbränna :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. love this colour! http://rosebeautynow.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! It makes me all excited for spring :) x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely peach colour, it's perfect for summer!

    lovefrombethan.blogspot.co.uk

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, and I think it would be cute for some nail art too :o) Xx

      Makeup by Candlelight

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful coral peach color. The perfect shade for spring and summer!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, as usual! This colour works so well with your skin tone :) China Glaze is my favourite nail polish brand of all time. They have such a wide range of colours and finishes that I can't get enough of them!

    Kerry x
    dulltoglam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kerry - that's so lovely of you, thank you :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. I am looking for a nice orange colour! This is so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is such a lovely shade!!
    http://www.docdivatraveller.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's so feminine and happy :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. Nice colour!
    XoXo

    www.acooltime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that the colour don't mind if u borrow lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a lovely shade. I have seen China Glaze at most stores and I would like to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    Xo
    Sam
    Http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great formula - this was a bit thinner, but the shade is so pretty I think I can live with it :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. Oh, this is amazing color of nail polish for spring!
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing nailpolish!!!!


    New post: http://betweenmyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great brand - I wish we had it on the high street in the UK :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. Beautiful color, can't wait to try it out!

    x. Sabrina | Simply Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I hope you like it as much as I do :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. Pretty colour! I love China Glaze polishes!

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I discovered the brand a few months ago, I think I'll be getting quite a collection of them :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. Such a gorgeous sunny orange shade :) x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad to see spring colours around now. I love China Glaze, but I wish they were more easy to get hold of, its not the same buying nail polish online!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - it's a second best really to picking them up from the shops... :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. I might just have a browse Charlotte! Gorgeous colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll find at least one shade you like :o). Xx

      Delete
  20. I love this colour! I can't wait for spring and summer to get here I've been looking at spring/summer nail polish to pass the time haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I like dark polishes - it's time for a change :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. This is such a bright and loud colour, which we absolutely love!!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, and I love the high shine - without even a top coat :o). Xx

      Delete
  22. I do love orange on the nails and this is a nice almost neutral colour but without being insipid. I must add China Glaze to my US shopping list.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if that was me going - I'd leave here with an empty suitcase :o). Xx

      Delete
  23. I really love a beautiful tangerine color! One of my fav spring trends <3

    http://www.cindyslittleblackbook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a happy color, a little bit of sunshine at your fingertips :o). Xx

      Delete
  24. Love it, reminds me of orange sherbet...yummy color.

    sugarkissesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true - it'll be perfect for summer :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!