Wednesday 5 February 2014

What's in my workbag

I've never been a girl scout but somehow I still seem to stick to the motto: Be Prepared, since every time I leave the house it feels like I've brought everything with me that I could possibly need but the kitchen sink. I've even been known to take a spare pair of tights with me to work, just in case you get a pesky ladder, and for me that would just ruin an entire outfit - even if it had been all Chanel! At the same time I absolutely hate lugging big heavy bags around, so I try to keep things at a minimum and for work I think I've got it narrowed down to the bare necessities these days so that my City bag from Zara isn't completely overloaded. It's a wonderful bag with two big compartments and side pockets, a detachable shoulder strap and it's just the right size to fit in everything you need, without having to compromise on style too much. The office bag is a sleek and affordable everyday option that can stand some wear and tear and I absolutely love it and it's served me well, traveling all over the place. Now let's get the boring practical bits out of the way first; I'll of course not leave home without my Blackberry, my Mulberry purse, keys and the all important laptop.

Come rain or come shine I also always bring with me my Gucci sunglasses since I have a habit of using them as a hair accessory, to keep my hair out of my face when I'm not wearing it up. In these electronic times I know I'm going to sound really old fashioned, but I like to have a diary or an organiser that I can easily take with me wherever I go, to write my little lists of things to do or buy and manage my blog schedule and content. There's no better place to go for stationary than Paperchase, where I got this 2014 Diary, and as I am in fact a magpie I use a beautiful amethyst colored Swarovski Crystalline pen for the besquillion notes that I make every single day.

Now, on to the beauty products. There are a few things that I never leave the house without, and you'd find a similar set of products in different varieties in any bag that I carry with me on a particular day. The first product of my every day staple items is the Caudalie Beauty Elixir, which is such a lovely aromatic facial spray and just brilliant for refreshing your skin and adding hydration a couple of times a day, to add radiance or to give yourself a three second mini spa treatment to boost your mood when you hit one of those afternoon energy slumps. Next is an Anti Bacterial Gel Pocket from Bath & Body Works and this particular one is in the scent Tuscan Vineyard which is a lovely scent of deep red cherries, fresh mango and dry soft woods. I don't know about you but when my hands feel fresh and protected, I always feel energized and refreshed and these pocket gels are an easy way to quickly freshen up, particularly when your're out and about in crowded, public places e.g. train stations, the tube or airports. I'm completely addicted to these little goodies from Bath & Body Works and have one in every handbag, and here in the UK you can easily find a flavor to your liking either on eBay, or from Bath and Body Shop.

Even though I do use primers and makeup setting spray every day, before applying the best foundation ever (YSL Forever Youth Liberator Foundation) I do still bring with me powder to work for any emergency oil control since there's nothing worse than doing presentations or important meetings, worrying about a shiny forehead. Truth be told I don't use a lot of powder and I wouldn't spend a fortune on it either, and when you can get an amazing and affordable product like Soap & Glory's One Heck of a Blot, there's really no need. It's a great finely milled powder that blots where needed, that feels light on the skin and that doesn't settle into any creases or fine lines - it's a super little product and it's made me try more from Soap & Glory's lovely makeup range.

Talking about about makeup, I don't actually bring a lot of products with me to work and I'm happy with two products - first of all a mascara, and at the moment one of my favorites is the L'Oréal False Lash Flutter Mascara, affectionately known as the Butterfly effect mascara which is AMAZING at lengthening, volumizing AND fanning out the lashes for a rich and dramatic effect. If you wear a very natural look but still want to emphasize your eyes, this mascara is the one to use since it'll quickly create a stand out look with incredible lashes. 
The second product is something for the lips and my absolute favorite lip product for work is the YSL Glossy Lip Stain in Shade 12 Pink Coral. It has a beautiful long lasting satin finish at the same time as it moisturizes the lips and you'll easily go about 4 hrs without having to retouch your lips. Pink Coral is a lovely natural rose shade which give lots of color without being over powering or distracting, which is always a good look for work, at least if you're in a corporate or traditional office environment.

Last among my daily staple items is a perfume of some sort, which I'll probably spray on a couple of times a day at least, and this particular day I was wearing the Caudalie Figue de Vigne Eau Fraiche which is a beautiful earthy and harmonious scent of juicy ripe figs mixed with sparkling bergamot and green grassy wood aromas. It's a very pure, subtle, soft and aromatic scent, but it still has a lot of character, individualism and body and wearing it makes me feel very confident and relaxed, just what you need for work.

That's what's in my daily work survival kit - except for the laptop my survival kit doesn't actually differ that much from what I'd carry with me in a smaller (or bigger) handbag at the weekend. What do you have in you work bag?

89 comments:

  1. Loved the post. it's great to be always prepared the way I see it. That bag is so damn cute! <3
    I've learnt a few things from you! :)
    Relationships.College.Love
    New post on the blog: Forever 21 Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! and i love the bag <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's served me really well and still looks as if it's brand new :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. Loving your Mulberry Continental wallet - it's at the top of my wish list!
    Josie xoxo
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, it's a lovely purse with a cute little bow :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. I love this bag! Your's sounds so nice and organised! I always have my Caudalie Beauty Elixir with me too!

    www.makingmeblushblog.wordpress.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great bag and Zara also has a smaller version of it :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. One heck of a blot is a must have in my bag! xo

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brilliant powder - just right for me :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. It's great to kmow you better through your work bag! and it's a one fabulous bag!

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely - thank you very much :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. OH My Goodness. I am off to tackle my bag! It's full of receipts and flyers and sand from the playground!! Improvement necessary to look like yours.
    http://bellalovesbear.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o) - sounds like my wallet after a good day out somewhere :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. i love this bag! very nice post!!
    kisses!
    Visit my blog: Tu Nuevo Look
    Follow me Facebook Tunuevolook

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bag is full of fantsticthings darling!
    Kisses

    NEW POST

    www.angelswearheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lot of good products!!!!
    Kisses darling, Happy Wed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million :o), have a great day. Xx

      Delete
  11. I'm so jealous of your diary - this is the first year that I haven't bought one, after not writing in mine at all last year, but I still miss having one! And that one is so gorgeous...

    Amy | Bubbles & Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you - there's just something about buying new stationary that is so inspiring :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. I'm actually a geek who empties and reorganises her bag every evening so the contents vary but as long as I have my phone, make up stash and purse I'm good to go.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how we change the bag but the content remains more or less the same :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. i want that ysl! i've heard only the most amazing things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful product and it feels so luxurious to wear :o) Xx

      Makeup by Candlelight

      Delete
  14. That bag is so gorgeous! I feel like I take a weeks worth of stuff with me to school and work every day!

    http://mercuteify.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's really practical and stylish - can't beat that combination :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. Great products! Really want to try the Caudalie spray!

    Greetings from London,

    chrissabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's lovely - indulgent but lovely :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. Wow you have so many items in your bag! haha.. but I LOVE huge bags, so it's a good excuse to have one ;)

    New follower to your blog, hope to see you around mine!


    xo Maddy | spilledpolish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some of it is because I don't want to have a handbag as well as a lap top carrier :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. I love your bag, so classy and chic! :) I also use Caudalie's Beauty Elixir a lot ;)
    -
    Ester @ Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you - thank you!!! :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. first of all..LOVE your workbag. and i was totally team black berry until i got an iphone recently. i have to say..i still miss the blackberry for texting - so much easier!
    xxCarrie
    www.alittledose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to swap the Blackberry for an iPhone - counting the days - seriously I AM :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. I loved this, so interesting to see what people carry around on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm always curious to see what others have in their bags :o). Xx

      Delete
  20. Love the bag so much! I have the mini city bag version :) lovely post! :)

    FeelBella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Almu - thank you so much, that's really lovely of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. I love your bag and purse! I'm still trying to work out which products I NEED in my bag, I tend to change it up each time I go out!
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean... If I really had to cut things down even more I would probably only leave a perfume and lip product :o). Xx

      Delete
  22. I really love seeing what everyone has in their purse because it really does show what products are essential for them to have at all times! I used to be a big lover of huge handbags but like you I would bring anything and everything because I simply had the room for it. Then last year I pulled a muscle in my back and ever since if I carry too much in my handbag and it is too heavy it will really hurt my back so I've had to downsize to my cross-body bag which I still love. It does make it much more difficult to have everything you absolutely need on a daily basis though!

    -Shelby
    http://bittersweetshelby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, unless you have someone to carry it all around for you LOL Xx

      Delete
  23. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's so sweet of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  24. I love that bag, and your wallet is so adorable too! I love all of the colorful things in your bag! xoxo Lauren
    www.willsingformakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this bag and this Swarovski pen - it's so beautiful!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to have a little sparkle to glam up the every day :o). Xx

      Delete
  26. Hi Charlotte i like the bag, i need a proper work bag.

    http://www.annanuttall.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I highly recommend this - you definitely get your money's worth :o). Xx

      Delete
  27. Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you - thank you very much :o). Xx

      Delete
  28. i love your bag! and super adorable wallet and agenda <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love love love your diary, it's so pretty! One Heck of a Blot is my all time favourite powder :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - it's a great format too with lots of space on each day for scribbles :o). Xx

      Delete
  30. Absolutely love your bag! I'm the worst at being prepared-- anytime I take anything out of my bag it ends up being the one time I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o), ah yes been there and had that problem too :o). Xx

      Delete
  31. I have this bag, how amazing is it?! I love looking at what's in peoples bags and I adore your purse! x
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, the bag is a great buy and it wears really well :o). Xx

      Delete
  32. I love the bag! Great post! :) x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used it so much - one of the best bag purchases I've made :o). Xx

      Delete
  33. So nice and beautiful blog ! I want to invite you to mine ! Maybe you wanna follow each other ? If yes just follow me and let me know ! ;* I will do the same as soon as possible :*

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nice things!!
    XoXo

    www.acooltime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Replies
    1. I think I'm addicted to it and can't be without it - especially not when I'm traveling :o). Xx

      Delete
  36. love your bag!
    great post
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you - thanks a million :o). Xx

      Delete
  37. i really wanna try that caudalie spray. i've heard of nice things about that product. :)

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should - it's such a lovely clean and aromatic scent :o). Xx

      Delete
  38. Cute post! Loved that you have a blackberry... you and I are the only ones holding on to it ;)

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - not for long though. It's never really worked properly for me so I fell out of love with it not long time after I got it and can't wait to change to iPhone :o). Xx

      Delete
  39. I have the same bag! I keep thinking that if I take my laptop and my tablet and everything that this bag can fit I won't be able to lift it!
    http://beautylovesbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - so true, there's space for loads of stuff :o). Xx

      Delete
  40. Lovely post! I love seeing what people keep in their bags!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great post! I purchased my first ever Zara bag recently and I love it. xxx
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a great selection and thanks so much for the lovely comment :o). Xx

      Delete
  42. Great post! Gorgeous bag too!
    Claireabella.x

    www.xclaireabella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Claire - that's really lovely of you :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!