Saturday 11 January 2014

Enough is never enough

What is it about nail polish that makes you just want more and more of them? Have they put something in the formula, so that when you lovingly do your mani on a pampering Tuesday night in your PJs over a nice hot chocolate it goes straight to your head with the message - buy more of me? Whatever it is, it's got its hooks into millions of us, and I for one willingly oblige!
You could argue that after 24 days of a new mini polish every day - YES, I'm talking about the Ciaté advent calendar - I should have had my need for nail polish met, and in theory at least I should also have had enough of Ciaté. BUT.... when Ciaté has a sale on and you can get the most incredible shades starting at £4 - you start to think about what's missing from the polished polish collection. I realised that I didn't have a very particular shade of glimmer, and that gap would be filled perfectly by the stunning Ciaté shade The Hamptons (£4) which is a sparkly turquoise blue green exactly like the color of the sea in the Caribbean. I was also missing a lovely creamy and dreamy pastel lilac, but with Spinning Teacup (£4) I'm all set.

As you know I'm all about experimenting with different nail effects and for me Ciaté is market leading, in terms of coming up with innovative new concepts. Admittedly the sets can be a bit expensive, so even better reason to pick up a bargain in the sales. A modern classic by now is the velvet look and I bagged myself the Velvet Manicure in Blue Suede (£5), and it's also the shade that started the very eye catching and original trend. Another little set that I picked up is the Caviar Manicure in Cotton Candy (£5) which is a lovely sherbet colored bead mix of pink, orange, baby blue and silver beads - perfect for the pastel Spring & Summer trend.
China Glaze isn't a brand that you see mentioned very often in the UK, which is a bit strange because it really has a great formula and a wonderful range of shades. After my first nice and wide brush with it (see what I did there...) in the shade With Love, reviewed in my Red Edition, I was very impressed by China Glaze and decided that I would get some more shades in the BeautyBay.com New Year Sales. There were several offers on with up to an amazing 75% off but I stuck to my list and quota, and got exactly what I had planned. yeay - go me! After a lot of browsing of all the colors, one more beautiful than the other I bought two timeless and sophisticated shades; Queen B (£6.26), a creamy muted deep dusky purple blue and Mahogany Magic (£6.26) which is a lovely genuine golden chocolate brown. I also wanted to get some colors that will go well with all the beautiful Spring & Summer make up collections that will be released very soon, so I also decided on the fresh and fruity light coral shade Peachy Keen (£6.26) and Keep Calm, Paint On (£6.26), a lovely cool, blue pastel green Honeydew with a subtle shimmer.
As it is the beginning of the year, there have been a lot of posts about Top 3 or 5 or 10 products in 2013, and some have also covered nail polishes. I've really enjoyed reading those posts, but every time I've thought to myself that I could probably never decide on top 10, or have mercy - top 3?! I would get stuck on even trying to decide on which my top 3 blue or purple polishes are. I hate to state the obvious, but in my case when it comes to nail polish: enough is never enough.

85 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's a great brand with wonderful formula and super shades :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. love the variety of "glazes"! my favorites are always the sparkly but i find myself using my neutral colors so much more - not adventurous enough :[

    hobovogue.com . ღ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah we like what we like and neutrals can be so much more practical :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. I'm also addicted to buying nail polishes! I must have every colour in the world but still end up buying more. I have a lot of Ciate after opening the advent calendar but I need to try out China Glaze, yay another excuse for buying nail polish x

    http://daisy-drops.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy China Glaze, the formula is so shiny and easy to work with - well worth a try and I hope you like it :O). Xx

      Delete
  4. You make such a great pictures !!!
    My Small Happinesses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you - thank you very much :o)! Xx

      Delete
  5. Loved the haul :D Would be waiting for the Nail swatches :D :D

    www.IndianBeautyCenter.Blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll review them in more detail in a few weeks :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. I completely agree, there's always I shade I don't have! xx

    yespleasebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looovely nail polish!!!! <3

    www.fashion-utopia.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ana, thanks a million that's very nice of you! I already follow you :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love a bit of nail polish, loving the suede effect colour. Looking forward to seeing them on a post soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so right, I can never buy just one nail polish!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's in out DNA - hard wired to always get at least 2 :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Never heard of this brand but it sounds like a very good brand.
    http://itsaleyna.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great polish haul, I'm lusting after so many Ciate shades x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have too much to choose from :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. And you can never have too many blue shades :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. I feel your pain, enough is never enough ;) I love the velvet manicure looks so lush. xx

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a very extravagant look :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. All of the colors you chose are so pretty! And you're right, it's such an addiction to buying more! I was thinking I haven't got any new shades recently but I really should toss some of the old ones before I invest in more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you - thank you!! :o) Xx

      Delete
  16. There is never enough nail polishes ;) Great post! xo's

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  17. How gorgeous are all those polishes!!!!!
    Loved all of them!
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I'm really looking forward to trying them :o). xx

      Delete
  18. The Queen B shade is beautiful :)
    http://lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that muted blue, I think it's so stylish :O). Xx

      Delete
  19. Ah these nail polishes look amazing! Can you make some swatches :) I love the Ciaté ones, never tried that brand actually. Should try it, but they don't sell it in my neighbourhood.

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Motivation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be swatches included in the reviews that go up eventually :o). xx

      Delete
  20. Ciaté shades are so beautiful! unfortunately they don't sell them in my country, great review Charlotte!

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, oh what a shame maybe put it on the shopping list for any travel:o). Xx

      Delete
  21. Amazing haul all of the shades look so nice!!! :)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, I think I'll try Queen B first :O). Xx

      Delete
  22. So much fun, would love to try the caviar polish. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    xo
    http://razzdazzle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Argh love those pastel china glaze colours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. China Glaze is such a great brand and I'm so happy I've discovered it :o). Xx

      Delete
  24. You are so right! You can never have enough nail polish. Not with all those lovely colours that are available! At the moment I am loving all the mini polishes that I got in my Ciate Mini Mani Month :D

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes - it had some wonderful shades :o). Xx

      Delete
  25. Beautiful colors! China Glaze is always a good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame you can't find China Glaze on the high street in the UK, or maybe a good thing for my bank balance :o). Xx

      Delete
  26. I just adore Ciate bottles, the bows make them look so pretty I can never resist haha.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, the little bow is adorable :o). Xx

      Delete
  27. Replies
    1. It's stunning, and I haven't seen anything quite similar before :O). Xx

      Delete
  28. Ciate nail polishes are so addictive, these cute bottles. I can't stop buying nail polish and I have shades that I haven't worn yet!
    http://beautylovesbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it always makes me feel guilty... :o). Xx

      Delete
  29. Love those colors, I especially like that Ciate lavender shade!

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I think it'll work great in the Spring :o). Xx

      Delete
  30. Great picks, I wonder how`s the quality of ciate nail polishes? Never tried them but I adore the shades:)

    Eve
    http://lazybluesundays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is excellent, creamy and easy to work with, lovely opaque high shine finish and it lasts about 4-5 days :o). Xx

      Delete
  31. that ciate blue nail varnish is absolutely gorgeous! i love anything sparkly
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's my favorite too, but I can't make up my mind if to use it as a top coat or on its own :o). Xx

      Delete
  32. I don't have any China Glaze, they do look and sound amazing. I must try them :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are brilliant and I don't think you'd be disappointed :o). Xx

      Delete
  33. Aww wow you really did grab yourself some bargains with the Ciate stuff! :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever seen these kits at such a good price :o) - very happy polishaholic! Xx

      Delete
  34. ooh that sparkly green ciate is lovely! :)

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.blogspot.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes - I can imagine it would look fab with a tan :o). Xx

      Delete
  35. I've never tried Ciate, but I'm really wanting to! :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's another great formula, the brush is quite slim, not at all like China Glaze but it's still easy to work with :o). Xx

      Delete
  36. all these colours are so pretty! i really want some essie polishes! great post
    amberblogposts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really looking forward to experimenting with all the new shades :o). Xx

      Delete
  38. China glaze polishes are da bomb! I need to pick up more! Also, I've never tried Ciaté before, but I'll check them out the next time I'm at Sephora :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so impressed by China Glaze so far, and I would highly recommend Ciaté :o). Xx

      Delete
  39. Thank you for commenting on my blog, i wouldnt have found yours other wise!
    I'm now following you!
    Im a nail polish addict, its my not so guilty pleasure haha, you've rather easily convinced my to purchase the ciaté polishes!

    Lydia,xx

    lydiacurtis.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lydia, thank you so much for visiting :o) and for your lovely comment and hope to see you here again soon :o). Have a wonderful Sunday! Xx

      Delete
  40. China Glaze is one of my favorite brands! I hope the will do a little bit better collections this year than last one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is so good and I'm already looking forward to the S&S collection :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!