Friday 10 January 2014

Jo Malone's Rose Water & Vanilla Cologne Intense

If you've read my blog before, you'll know that in a manner of speaking I have a long standing relationship with Jo Malone. Ever since I got my first cologne (Nectarine Blossom & Honey, reviewed here) many years ago I've literally bathed, slathered and dowsed myself in several of the scents from the amazing catalogue of fragrances. In fact I am a frequent visitor to Jo Malone and never pass up an opportunity to visit for a wonderful luxurious treatment, either because a new product is launched or just because... it's a day of the week that ends with -day. Fact of the matter is that you don't really need an excuse to visit Jo Malone, the fragrances themselves are enough and I can easily lose an hour or two experimenting with layering scents. This is one of the main concepts of Jo Malone and by combining one, two or as many scents as you wish either just in colognes or on top of bath/shower products and then body lotions, you tailor a scent specifically for yourself and create your signature scent.

During one of our most recent pamper sessions in Jo Malone, Him Indoors must have paid particular attention to what I experimented with because at Christmas he surprised me with a gorgeous combination of scents and products, and the absolute jewel among these was the precious, unique fragrance that is Jo Malone Rose Water & Vanilla Cologne (£100).
This is one of the seven different scents that are part of the Cologne Intense range, which uses well known, exclusive and treasured ingredients like saffron, ginger lily and amber. The Rose Water & Vanilla Cologne is a wonderful tempting and tasty blend; when you spray it you'll notice at first the light, fresh, delicate rose water, and then it develops into a more mature, velvety creamy bouquet with the smooth and rich vanilla in the base. It's captured the essence of luxurious, decadent confections like Turkish Delight and fudge but without the sickly sweetness and it's a sophisticated well rounded cologne that lasts for hrs, and towards the end of the day still gives off an air of individuality and rarity.

I'm completely fascinated by this cologne and can't stop sniffing myself when I wear it (there's a weird image for you) but I think it's simply stunning. The are are several Jo Malone scents that would work well to layer with it depending on if you want to make it more fruity, or even more spicy perhaps and I would definitely recommend that you book yourself in for a testing session. You might wonder which products I got together with this fabulous cologne for layering, but I'm jealously going to keep them a secret for now - after all this is now MY Signature scent.   

54 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I already follow you :O). Xx

      Delete
  2. Would you happen to know where you can get jo malone in Australia? Because their scent range looks spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful brand but I'm sorry I have no idea, you could try and e-mail Jo Malone customer service to see if they could help? Xx

      Delete
  3. What lovely pictures! I adore Jo Malone fragrances, and the candles are such perfect gifts :)

    Josie xoxo
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you, thank you very much :o)! Xx

      Delete
  4. I'm yet to buy a Jo Malone scent, I sprayed lots in the airport last year and they all smelled so divine choosing one is so difficult, this one sounds lovely though, pretty pricey but at least the bottles huge! (And just think of the nduldge space nk points haha) xx

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean - and after a while your senses are numb, so can't try too many at the same time :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. I love the packaging. I love the smell of Vanilla! I need to try this out!

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful and more than just a sweet vanilla scent, I don't think you'll be disappointed :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Ahhh, this sounds amazing! I love the packaging of Jo Malone - so luxe xx

    Jasmine Cara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's so sleek and minimalist :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. This sounds right up my street, love a good vanilla scent x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely - a candy scent for grown ups :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. Well now here's an excuse for me to pay another visit to Jo Malone, in the interests of just knowing this smells of course!

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha don't worry, I do the same thing when I'm wearing an irresistible perfume :-) I keep on smelling my clothes and wrists.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it sounds great
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful scent and I'm so happy with it :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. This sounds divine! I love anything vanilla. I'm not so keen on rose scents though, so I would have to test it out. Great images, you have such flair.
    Keisha xo xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a nice thing to say - thank you very much!! The rose scent is quite subtle, which is good otherwise I think the perfume could have been very overpowering. Xx

      Delete
  12. It sounds delicious Charlotte and your photos are gorgeous xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you - THANK YOU! :o) Have a super weekend! Xx

      Delete
  13. I've never smelt this one, I definitely will next time I'm at a counter, it sounds lovely!

    www.peonyandpeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely, but at that price, you definitely need to test it first :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Oh wow this sounds incredible <3 I really need to try something from Jo Malone - it sounds like such an incredible brand! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gemma, they have amazing scents so treat yourself to a little something :O). Xx

      Delete
  15. I really want to try a Jo Malone perfume! this sounds heavenly !
    http://mercuteify.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous warm and subtle scent, you should definitely go and try it :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. Sounds like it smells amazing! I posted about my first Jo Malone fragrance this week :) I definitely see more in my future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeay, welcome to the Jo Malone fan club :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. This sounds divine! Must go smell this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely and I highly recommend it :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. This scent sounds beautiful! I love scents that contain vanilla. I've never tried anything from Jo Malone but I look forward to! xxx
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you for your review. i like your photos and i love vanilla taste!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh this sounds amazing! I bet this smells just gorgeous :) looks like your fella did a great job choosing for you, definitely a keeper!xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. sound very nice!! Ill go to smell it tomorrow! :)

    xx

    Isa

    www.un-likely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice, I hope you like it as much as I do :o). Xx

      Delete
  22. Sounds like an amazing scent!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful and sophisticated scent :o). Xx

      Delete
  23. I really want to try Jo Malone but I can't find it anywhere near me!
    http://beautylovesbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's a shame since they have so much to choose from, oh well it can go on the list of things to try when you have the chance :o). Xx

      Delete
  24. This looks lovely, I've always wanted to try this brand.

    xxx

    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have some amazing scents so you should definitely try it if you get a chance :o). Xx

      Delete
  25. Wow, this scent sounds right up my alley! Thanks for the review :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I collect rose perfumes and this mix with vanilla sounds just divine! I wish to smell it soon.

    Eve
    http://lazybluesundays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds as if it was made for you then :o). Xx

      Delete
  27. I really am desperate to take the plunge and buy a Jo Malone scent - I can just never decide which one I want the most! This one sounds absolutely amazing, I love Rose scents - you lucky girl! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o) they do have a lot to choose from, maybe something light and fruity for Spring? Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!