Saturday 18 January 2014

Cosy up with Warm Vanilla Sugar

Here in the UK we've had an utterly miserable start to the year with storms followed by rain, storms, rain and more rain, there just seems to be no end to it. On top of that I am also struggling with the lack of sun light - it's dark when you get up and go to work, and it's dark when you finish work and come home. In short, I want to hybernate and not come back out again until April, just in time for Easter so I can enjoy some chocolate eggs. Since that's not really a realistic option, I've turned to things that give me comfort and heat me up from the inside like a cosy evening in. As we all know, these type of evenings have to start with a lovely warming bath and for me the perfect bath products to lift my spirits are from Bath & Body Works (B&BW) Warm Vanilla Sugar range - a sensual but uplifting and deliciously yummy scent that reminds me of home baked cookies.
I really like a B&BW Shower Gel. They have a nice thick and silky consistency that makes you think that it's actually a high end product you're using. You can tell that they contain all sorts of moisturising products like aloe vera, vitamin e and shea butter since the skin feels soft and smooth after the gentle cleanse, and not irritated or stripped back in any way. The scent is surprisingly fresh and sparkling - in addition to warm and sugary vanilla notes, there's also a hint of coconut left on the skin and it prevents the fragrance from getting sickly sweet or heavy. When it comes to body moisturisers I usually prefer butters and creams over lotions, but the B&BW Body Lotion is so rich in shea butter and jojoba oil that it almost has the consistency and feel of a body cream. It feels luxuriously luscious and velvety on the skin, and although the lotion contains oil it absorbs quickly and easily into the skin without leaving any greasiness or shine which is great for when you're in a rush in the mornings. What I like the most is that unlike a lot of body lotions that only skim the surface and then disappears, this really sinks deep into the skin and keeps it feeling soft and hydrated for hrs and hrs afterwards, which is also great for locking in the delicious sugar vanilla cookie scent - making it last even longer.

The Fine Fragrance Mist is perfect as a final layer of scent after the bath, and although these B&BW sprays are usually very light and evaporate quickly, the combination of these particular scent notes linger much longer than usual. When you've first sprayed the mist, it's a very fresh, light and sparkling sugar vanilla scent, but it deepens almost straight away and brings out the notes from the soft, milky coconut and tonka bean together with a slightly dry sandalwood that keeps it from overpowering. It's a beautiful restoring and harmonious scent, perfect for this time of year - the only thing about it is that it makes me crave cookies, but I think I know how to fix that...

I keep hoping that B&BW will open store in the UK, but until then you can find a limited selection of products on The Bath and Body Shop website, or everyone's favorite marketplace - eBay. Now that I'm all wrapped up in a warming, comforting scent after a lovely bath I think I'm all ready to cosy up in front of the TV. So let's see - have I got everything? Snuggly faux fur throw - check, Him Indoors - check, vanilla latte - check, cat - check... yep I'm ready and I'm not going outdoors again until April! 

60 comments:

  1. I love these products!
    It's been so rainy here for the past week and I hate it. Summer can't come sooner :'(

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dying to see the sun for more than 5 mins a day... :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The cookie scent is just delicious, and not too sweet either :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. the fine fragrant mist sounds so lovely!

    I am currently hosting a Valentines Box Swap with another blogger! It's going to be alot of fun! Come take a look ! (link)

    Lucie xxx Fatbeautyx // Latest Post ( Monochrome Look Wishlist )

    Vote for me in the #UKBA14 // LIMECRIME LIPSTICK GIVEAWAY (link)

    January monthly Advertiser - Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really lovely scent - with just the right balance of foodie sweet, fruity and floral :o) Xx

      Makeup by Candlelight

      Delete
  4. I bet these smell divine! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like foodie, comforting scents, this is just PERFECT :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. Nice post! Like you, I wish I could hybernate till April :)

    Jasmine xx For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least on the rainy, horrible days :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. That's sounds amazing. I love vanilla scented things :)

    http://myvintagephotography.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I think you would really like this :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. this sounds like such an amazing scent - i love anything vanilla and warming
    you have such a lovely blog!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Helen, thank you so much for visiting and for the lovely comment :o). It's a wonderful comforting cookie scent - only thing is that it makes me peckish LOL. Hope you'll visit again soon and have a super day :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. I bet these smell AMAZING! I love Vanilla scented products
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish they would just open a B&BW here in the UK, or at least start shipping internationally and I know I'm not the only one with their hopes up :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. Vanilla and cookies for the shower and body spray to match sounds lovely, perfect items to cheer up our miserable British winter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, all I need now is a delicious hot chocolate too :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. We feel the same, want to hibernate until the spring & better weather comes.

    The 'Warm Vanilla Sugar' range is just heavenly, even better with the added hint of coconut :-)

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just gorgeous to keep it from being too sweet :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. These sound so delicious! I must try some Bath & Body Works products soon. xxx
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have so many wonderful scents and seasonal editions and I've love to try their candles too :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. Nice review, I can only imagine how good they smell mmmm

    http://velvetdivination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, thank you so much that's really nice of you :O). Xx

      Delete
  13. Warm Vanilla Sugar is one of my all time fave scents from bath and body works! It's smells so nice and they are just amazing!
    http://www.evithefashionista.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for this time of year, and you're so lucky that you can go an browse the shops :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Warm Vanilla Sugar is a signature scent and I think is a great introduction to Bath & Body Works to those who've never tried them out before. I usually keep a spare in my collection, haha. Also, really nice picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stephanie - thank you very much, that's very sweet of you :O). Xx

      Delete
  15. Warm Vanilla Sugar is one of the best scents that Bath & Body Works does. Some of the scents are a bit hit or miss, but the classic ones are really great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this definitely is a classic :o), if I lived in the US I think I'd be in the B&BW shops all the time. Xx

      Delete
  16. Brilliantly reviewed dear ! I really need this :) .... I'm a big fan of warm vanilla scent
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's so nice of you - it's a wonderful warm scent and I'll definitely pick up another when this is finished :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. Sephora, BBW, Wet n Wild… the list is endless of things we need in the UK!

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, absolutely, and they could be a bit quicker bringing other products over here too - I'm lusting after the Marc Jacobs makeup range and it feels ages since they launched it in the US :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. I tried the Warm Vanilla Sugar hand soap and it smelled amazing! And the smells lasts a long time.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Raizel, you're right, some of the B&BW scents disappear quite quickly, but this stays on much longer :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. This makes me want to jump into a warm shower!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o) - and have a lovely latte and cookie when you're done! Xx

      Delete
  20. Oh I love anything Vanilla, so Ill have to find these!

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them as much as I do :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. I wish that B&BW was more available in the UK! I have searched the website on what I want to order, being a candle lover B&BW seems like heaven!
    Vanilla scents smell amazing!
    Will definitely have to try the Shower Gel after what you said! Thank You for the links and review!
    xoxo,

    berrybloomxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more - I'd love to try their candles too and ordering them online from the US is just too pricey.. Xx

      Delete
  22. Such a lovely post, it actually made me smile. I've been wanting to try out the warm vanilla sugar range for forever now. Unfortunately I live in Australia and we don't have B&BW's stores here either. Super glad you mentioned eBay though I'm probably going to go do that now! Win! :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Debra, thank you so much - that's a lovely thing to say and now you've made me smile too :o). Hope you get some good B&BW bargains on eBay :o). Xx

      Delete
  23. Nothing like a hot bath to make a bad weather day better! I love BBW! I'm so looking for this one, love anything vanilla scented!

    Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do get it, let me know what you think of it :o). Have a super day! Xx

      Delete
  24. I love Bath and Body Works, warm vanilla is one of my faves. Was so excited when I discovered they had them here in the UAE, as always had to wait for my trips to the States!
    Hope the weather back home picks up soon!
    H : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very lucky :o), I'd be in there every week I think :o). Xx

      Delete
  25. It is so awful isn't it when it's dark going to and from work, please, I never want to get out of bed! I absolutely love the smell of vanilla, you just can't go wrong! Have to give these a try! :) xx

    http://natalie-knows.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll love them as much as I do :o). Xx

      Delete
  26. It's hard to find vanilla scents that aren't to sickly or sweet and overpowering, but these sound lovely :)
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, but this is kept fresh with the fruit and coconut :o). Xx

      Delete
  27. sounds amazing...love BBW products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have soo many amazing scents to choose from :o). Xx

      Delete
  28. I have to get myself some of these! I love that you guys keep spending my money for me ;)

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I do my best, have a fab day :O). Xx

      Delete
  29. OMG this sounds devine. I want loads of stuff from bath and body works, they really need to start selling to the UK! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - let's start lobbying for it :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!