Saturday 25 January 2014

Winter Magnolia

I've been in a Spring mood lately - I know we haven't even finished January but the shops are already filling up with lovely pieces from the Spring & Summer Collections and cosmetic brands have also released their new products for new exciting looks and I already know some of the items that I'll pick up - Yes Dior Trianon, I'm talking about you and your gorgeous pastel shades and I've also seen some amazing nude colors from my BNFF - Best Nail Friend Forever, Zoya. Until I've got my paws on these amazing shades, I've polished off an old favorite that to me captures spring and the colors that are so on trend this year - it's the amazing Zoya nail polish (£11) in Jacqueline.  
There are so many reasons why I love Zoya nail polishes - let's start with the amazing range of shades and effects on offer, from the delicate sheerest nudes to the most outrageously sparkly and gritty vibrant Pixie dusts that I've raved about on more than one occasion. Then we have the wonderful wide flat brush that makes is to easy to get an even coverage with minimum effort and brush strokes. Of course we also have to mention the nice and creamy formula that also with the sheerest of shades is so highly pigmented that you won't need any more than max two coats for a perfect, opaque finish (unless you're brightening your day with a Pixie dust polish which needs at least three coats).

Regardless of how many coats you prefer to use, you can quickly perfect the look you're going for since the formula dries very quickly without any streaking. I often link how long a nail polish lasts with how many coats you need for a nice solid shade, and most of the time the more coats you apply the more sensitive you make the polish to chipping, and the slightest nudge can cause flakes of color to fall off. With Zoya you'll get at least 4-5 days wear before you really need to touch up your nails and if you decide to take it off completely, it's so easy to remove.

The shade Jacqueline is a gorgeous soft and warm magnolia color with a sleek and glossy cream finish. This is a very clean and fresh look with a lot of substance to it, and as well as being a great option to an all white polish I also think it works really well if you're going all out with pastels this season, without it being sugary sweet.
Unfortunately it's not all that easy to get the latest collections from Zoya in the UK, but I get my fix from LoveLula where you get free delivery worldwide, and in the UK you'll get your products super fast. The magnolia trees won't be blossoming for another few months, but until then this gorgeous unique shade brings a little bit of Spring into Winter and I can almost smell the delicate magnolias already... 

32 comments:

  1. Nice colour :))

    http://prettypurple92.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's so lovely and creamy and easier to wear than both white and yellow :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. Love the colour! :3

    www.amiciarai.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It's gorgeous and looks so lovely and clean :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. This is a lovely shade, looks like it would be great in any season too! Great review, I've never come across this brand before x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is amazing and I highly recommend it :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. This is such a lovely colour and perfect for Spring!

    Jodie Marie
    à la Jode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that it's really similar to one of the new Deborah Lippmann shades for Spring, so it's definitely on trend :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely colour! I am always on the lookout for these types of colours!

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy wearing it, it looks so crisp and fresh :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. This looks so creamy and this shade looks as though it can be worn year round...I love it! Great post as per usual! I enjoy reading your blog.

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you - thank you very much :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. This shade looks beautiful, definitely something to wear as soon as the weather goes above 10degrees :)

    Whimsicality

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely nail polish,great post:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous color, I love Zoya!! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so similar to quite a few of the new releases this spring from Deborah Lippmann and Burberry :o) Xx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. It's so lovely and warm and I LOVE wearing it :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. such a nice color *_* I would wear this for the valentine`s day :) your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that's very nice of you :O). Xx

      Delete
  13. This is a beautiful shade! I've never tried a Zoya polish but would love to!
    I can't wait for Spring.. I've had enough of the cold and the dark, now!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too, as much as I love sweater weather it's time to jump into lovely Spring & Summer clothes :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Love the colour, might buy this for the summer.
    http://itsaleyna.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, it'll look lovely with most outfits :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. Usually, I'm super into bright or dark polishes..however, I've really enjoyed the nudes and pastel shades lately! Love the name Winter Magnolia :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - the nudes are a bit of a novelty for me, but since I'm always open to try new things - why not :). Xx

      Delete
  16. it is super beautiful!! I am in love :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!