Sunday 26 January 2014

Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturiser - Guest post by Saida Cane

Today I'm so pleased to present a guest writer on my blog - Saida Cane from Saida Cane Photography. If you haven't read any of Saida's posts before you absolutely have to visit her blog; Saida is a great blogger and a wonderful photographer and has a lovely mix of posts on everything from beauty to lifestyle and today Saida shares a review on the Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturiser - I hope you enjoy it! 

Ever since I tried my first Tinted Moisturiser, I had a bit of a love/hate relationship with them. They looked so natural and felt great on the skin but they didn’t provide me with enough coverage so I felt as though it was a bit of a waste of money for me. Saying that, I probably shouldn’t have tried it when my skin was going through the classic teenage phase, and now that it’s looking much better and generally a lot healthier, I thought I would give tinted moisturisers another go, because if you can get away with less, why not right?

After looking at dozens of reviews online, I came across the Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturisers with SPF 15, which come in normal and oil-free formulas, and my t-zone suggested the latter was probably the best option. I purchased it in the shade Light to Medium tint, and I was really impressed with the range of shades – there is definitely something to suit all skin tones. 
  
The consistency of it is very thin but not watery and a bit all over the place like some tinted moisturisers can be. As you can guess, the thin consistency makes it an absolute dream to apply to the skin and there’s no need for tugging or dragging around any delicate areas, it really does just glide on beautifully. The finish is neither dewy nor matte, it’s what I would describe as natural, which I think looks lovely on the skin. I’ve always had the great privilege of having a mixture of oily and dry skin so picking skin products has always been an absolute nightmare to say the least, but this product doesn’t accentuate any dry or oily areas so I seem to have got the best of both worlds with it.

As I said before, this tinted moisturiser isn’t something you will want to spend your money on if you have skin problems that require a full coverage foundation, but if you have a blemish here or there and the rest of your skin is in good condition, then I think you’ll like this because there’s no need to cover your entire face in a full coverage foundation just because of a few spots that can be blurred away with some trusted concealer! If your skin is looking a little dull and you want a light pick-me-up, then something like this will do the trick for you as well.

At £29 it can be a little steep but if you are looking for a lovely alternative to foundation when the spring and summer comes around then I think you will really like it, and a little bit really does go a long way.

I’m really glad I gave tinted moisturisers another go because I feel as though I have definitely found a staple product for days when my skin doesn’t need to look ‘flawless’, and even though full coverage foundations make your skin look amazing, sometimes you gotta cut it a little slack and let it breathe a little! 

I’d love to know what your favourite tinted moisturisers/sheer foundations are?

Saida x


35 comments:

  1. sounds like a good investment :) unfortunately don't really know much about these... sigh

    xoxo hobovogue ღ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't quite decide whether to go for this or a Laura Mercier, they both seem great :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. looks like a great product ! I prefer using tinted moisturiser during summer .
    xoxo
    http://beautyndbest.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I haven't managed to find a shade that works for me, but I'll definitely check out the Bobbi Brown counter to see hwat they've got :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. It looks great, if only a bit expensive.

    Jasmine xx For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - with a price like that it's important that it lasts a long time, and it seems it does :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Looks really nice:)

    Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited to try it after Saida's review, it seems really lovely :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. I would really love to try this moisturizer out! It's not available here :'(

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah that's a shame, maybe one for the wishlist if you should ever travel to the UK or somewhere else that has Bobbi Brown :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Sound very good, I hate the fact that on Slovakia we don´t have this brand.
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's a shame, fingers crossed it might launch in Slovakia at some point :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. I've been wanting to get this for so long but I was waiting to finish my Dior BB cream. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the Dior BB cream this week and it was sooo lovely an pleasant to wear, I think that might be my next splurge :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. Thank you very much for visiting and for the lovely comment - follow you now :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a lovely product to use! Will definitely have to give it a go, I'm looking for a lighter-coverage foundation.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After Saida's great review I'm very tempted to try this when it gets a bit warmer, take it for a test drive :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. looks amazing products!
    www.theforeignergirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems so lovely and light on the skin, I'll definitely check this out in a few months :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Bobbi Brown still hasn't opened a showroom in my city in India.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame and foundations or tinted moisturisers are probably not something you'd buy blind :o(. Xx

      Delete
  12. I might order this online, sounds awesome.
    http://itsaleyna.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Bobbi Brown because of the amazing range of shades and I can always something that suits my skin tone :o) Xx

      Delete
  13. Great Product ,love Bobbi Brown Make up :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems wonderful and I'm definitely trying this one :O). Xx

      Delete
  14. I'd love to get my hands on it! My fave tinted moisturizer at the moment is benefit You Rebel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, another one to the mix - sounds interesting, I haven't tried any of the Benefit foundation products :O). Xx

      Delete
  15. Hello dear, beautiful blog and great products :) i follow you with pleasure on bloglovin and g+, if you want to pass by me :)

    www.teanonsolomoda.com

    kiss Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting, follow you now too :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. Hi Charlotte :) Wow I yet tried haven't a tinted moisturizer but I will try it now, thanks for the tip :)
    www.fashionphases.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I hope you'll let us know what you think of it in a review maybe :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. I really want to try this. However, I have problem skin so maybe I will buy it for my sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, maybe there's something else from the Bobbi Brown that would work better - they have a super selection of products :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. It does seem a bit steep... do you use a brush or use your fingers? :)
    http://lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know actually what Saida would prefer with this particular product, but personally I find it easier to use my fingers when it comes to foundation products :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!