Monday 4 August 2014

Manic.Monday: The Queen of pink - Maybelline's Pink in the Park

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I've been playing around with nail art a lot lately and have used a rainbow of different colors and looks, so today I thought I would break away from the bonanza of colors and effects, and maybe even surprise everyone by keeping it simple. Not only that - I've chosen a color that I don't wear very often... pink! I'm living proof that you can be a girly girl, without living in pink. Don't get me wrong I LOVE pink, I really do, and others look amazing in it but pink is just not a color that I'm naturally drawn to either when it comes to fashion or makeup, and truth be told the only reason I got this shade was because it was a 2-for-1 deal in Superdrug and I thought - why not?! And indeed why not - just look at it... I crown this shade the Queen of all pale pinks!

This beauty is called Pink in the Park, and it's from the Maybelline Superstay Gel Nail Color (£4.49) range which is available in 20 different colors. Having tried a lot of the different gel polishes on the market I was very excited to see how this one from Maybelline measured up with the others. The formula is quite thin and a little bit runnier than many of the other gels so you need to be careful and wipe off as much product as you can from the brush before you apply the coats, although be aware that this means that each coat can dry a little bit sheer, but personally I'd rather build up the color gradually and avoid making too much of a mess on the cuticles. The polish comes with a lovely high quality wide and flat brush that fans out over the nail, making application nice and easy if you've got the right amount of product on the brush. The polish dries quickly and the pigmentation is good for being a light shade and two coats are just perfect for creating a lovely opaque finish in just a few minutes. When the coats have dried, you'll also get a great glass like high shine finish, as you would with most gel formulas and you really don't need to apply a separate top coat.
The claim is that this formula will last for 7 days, but on me it doesn't last longer than an ordinary nail polish, so after about 3 days there was a bit of chipping on my nails that needed to be corrected and compared to other gel polishes e.g. Barry M or Nails Inc it didn't last quite as long as these brands. However, with a shade like Pink in the Park, all is forgiven - it's such a stunning, delicate cool powder pink without too strong a blue undertone, which means that it would work really well with a lot of skin tones. I'm completely in love with this shade to the degree that it's the only pink that I've reached for this season. This Queen of all pale pink shades isn't just for the park - take Her to work, to the beach, a night out - in fact wherever, just make sure that you treat Her it with the royal respect She deserves!

72 comments:

  1. Such a pretty shade, even if it doesn't last on the nails well. I need it - I also really need to stop buying everything I see, my bank balance is not happy ha ha :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling - bring on payday! :o) Xx

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous shade, shame it didn't last too long! x

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit disappointed, but it's such a fab pink that I don't care that much :o) Xx

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely color xxx so cute <3
    You are welcome to visit my blog -- http://www.mlleepaulettegirl.com/
    Message me on insta -- insta@mlleepaulettegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up a nail colour from this range (taking advantage of the 2 for 1 offer!) and glad you have mentioned the longevity not being what it claimed. I found mine chipped after about a day or two. I'm going to give it another practice run to see if changing top coats etc make a difference.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's always a tricky one - long wear... and this formula is definitely significantly shorter than other gel polishes... :o/ Xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous colour Charlotte!
    So disappointing that it didn't last!!
    xo Holly xo

    HollyDolly. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Holly - I KNOW!! I'll still wear it - but I don't understand how they test these things to back up the claims.... or maybe they don't... :O) Xx

      Delete
  6. Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a pretty pastel pink..
    I have heard great deal of good about these nail lacquers...will sure try!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of gorgeous shades in this range, but for me the pink was definitely the one that stood out :o) Xx

      Delete
  8. Beautiful color ;)

    http://butterfly9999.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this colour!

    www.agoprime.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to love because it's so stunning :o) Xx

      Delete
  10. I love this colour. You've featured it very well and I think it's the perfect pink :-)

    You can see my post on it here ...
    http://itsalwaysdarkestbeforethedawn1.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/easy-going-glitter-notd.html?m=1

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a lovely comment :o) Xx

      Delete
  11. Ooh I have this polish in Hot Salsa but I love this shade too!

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning shade, perfect for Spring or Valentine's day.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it's a very romantic shade :o) Xx

      Delete
  13. What a pretty shade! I just picked up a baby blue in this formula, so it's disappointing to hear it doesn't really last 7 days, but at least the colours are pastel perfection. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I usually take those claims with a pinch of salt, but I had hoped it would last a bit more than just a few days :o/ Xx

      Delete
    2. I always do too, but Amelia Liana had been raving about their 7-day lasting powers, so I had hoped these were better! xx

      Delete
  14. the color is so pretty and it reminds me of baby pink ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! That color is just amazingly gorgeous! I love a great pink nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm always looking for a new polish and that color is lovely!
    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it, for me it's so lovely and crisp :o) Xx

      Delete
  17. This is such a beautiful shade, and will look even nicer with a bit of a tan! xxx

    Blog This With Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, what a pretty pink shade! It makes me nostalgic for Barbie dolls and Bubble Yum. :-)
    www.ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - now you made me nostalgic for Lush's Snow Fairy :o) Xx

      Delete
  19. This looks gorgeous! Like a bubble gum pink. ^_^

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous colour it looks beautiful on the nails
    Www.Naomi talks beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never tried the Maybelline nail polishes, but I've heard such good things about them! There's a blue shade I really want to try. :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too many blue shades :o) Xx

      Delete
  22. I've had my eye on some of these for a while and now I think I definitely want to buy them. Although they didn't last long the colour is just gorgeous x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and since I can't commit to the same color for 7 days anyway - the short wear is not really a big deal for me :o) Xx

      Delete
  23. Replies
    1. It's definitely my favourite pink shade :o) Xx

      Delete
  24. Love this shade!! very summery :D
    Melissa x
    http://melissazia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I can't wait until end of August, I'll bring it with me on holiday :o) Xx

      Delete
  25. Such a pretty, girly shade! I haven't tried any of Maybelline's polishes yet but I've been hearing so many great things about their gel range - I'll definitely have to pick some up, I hope they have a nice nude.

    Meg at Meg Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have some nudes in the range, but for me the pastels are the highlights :o) Xx

      Delete
  26. Very pretty color! I love it!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. A really lovely colour perfect for summer Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, all I need to do now is to work on my tan :o) Xx

      Delete
  28. Very pretty pink indeed :) Looks very similar to an instadri shade that I used to love but dried out on me lol. I haven't seen these in Canada yet...or maybe the packaging is different there!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a pretty colour, must try these x
    http://missknightbeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll like them as much as I do :o) Xx

      Delete
  30. haven't seen that one before. very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  31. love this pink!!!

    http://thefashionprincessblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is a nice shade, never thought thought of such a bright pink but might consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I rarely wear pink either (other than near neon shades on my lips) but this is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  34. very beautiful color,i love pink
    http://lilichka1985.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice colour polish.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!