Saturday 2 August 2014

Sleek's Gloss Me Lip glosses

As a beauty junkie I want it all, and I want LOTS of it. You can never have too much of a good thing which is why I'm completely indulging in lip glosses at the moment; gone are the days of old fashioned horrible sticky and plasticky formulas and we're now spoiled for choice with gorgeous shades from a variety of brands in all price ranges from premium beauty to more budget friendly options. The latest lip glosses to hit my radar is from one of my favourite brands: Sleek. Sleek has an amazing range of products in every colour of the rainbow, and they are all of excellent quality at very affordable prices - a beauty addicts dream! If like me you love to experiment with colour I can't recommend the amazing eye shadow palettes enough and have reviewed the lovely Garden of Eden previously (you can read that post here). But let's focus on these irresistible lip beauties - the Sleek Gloss Me Lip Glosses* (£4.99) come in simple and polished packaging that really show off the different shades, which by the way are completely true to colour from the tube so you don't have to worry about colour changes when you swatch them.
The formula is lovely and light without being runny (and it goes without saying that it's completely non sticky!), and it comes with an applicator that is quite long and thin, which makes it very easy to trace the contours of your lips for an even perfect application. I have to say that the applicator is a little bit on the stiff side for my liking, however it's not unpleasant to use in any way, and again for precision work that stiffness might be extra useful. When you apply the gloss it sets immediately on the lips with a silky smooth feeling and full coverage, so you can quickly build up the color and shine to the intensity that you prefer. You'll get hrs of wear from this lip gloss since it's so long lasting, on me it stays brilliantly glossy and next to flawless for about 5 hrs, and the pigmentation is wonderful and so intense that even after the gloss has faded, you can still see the colour as a stain on your lips. That does mean that you have be careful when you apply the more intense shades to avoid messy contours. The Gloss Me shades come in 12 gorgeous shades with 6 new shades added to the range recently from pale nudes to vibrant berry tones, and regardless of which colour you go for, the gloss is packed with shimmer that really makes your lips pop in the sun.
Left to right:
Hawaii Honey // Maria, Maria
Thai Orchid // Angel Falls

I've tried four of the most recent colour additions; Hawaii Honey - a golden coral pink, Maria Maria - a warm rusty amaranth red, Thai Orchid - a glorious intense blue toned Persian pink and Angel Falls - a pale silky beige nude. They are all so distinct pretty in their own right and work so well for different looks but the one shade I love the most is definitely Hawaii Honey, coral doesn't get any better than this and I already know that this is one shade I'll bring with me on holiday later on this month! I absolutely adore the Gloss Me texture and finish and for me, these are exceptional quality for the price you pay. You can pick up products from Sleek's fab range either directly from Sleek, or in Boots and Superdrug, so go on and Gloss Yourself Sleek!  

45 comments:

  1. Great review. I'm sold. Maria, Maria is gorgeous x

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate - it's a lovely raspberry red shade, so feminine and romantic :o) Xx

      Delete
  2. hey gal great review
    I love that orcid one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great shade - quite unusual for me but I really liked it :o) Xx

      Delete
  3. Maria, Maria & Thai Orchid look lovely and super pigmented! Love the names too xxx

    Blog This With Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pigmentation is excellent, just what I'd expect from Sleek :o) Xx

      Delete
  4. They all look beautiful, I love Thai orchid, what lovely colour!! the pigmentation looks fantastic too :)
    Melissa x
    http://melissazia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so long lasting - you really get super value for your money with these lovely glosses :o) Xx

      Delete
  5. Love the Thai orchid, I like the flowers!

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much more blue toned than I would usually go for, but it actually works really well :o) Xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely review Charlotte. I have never tried anything other than eyeshadow and blush from Sleek, so you've definitely opened my eyes! I think the shades you have are gorgeous, and your photos are lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment Amber, it really means a lot :o)! Xx

      Delete
  7. love the red gloss!

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous colour, and the stain lasts for hrs after the gloss has faded :o) Xx

      Delete
  8. love they way you swatched them..so innovative!
    great colours...and so cheap
    my fav - Hawaii Honey
    xx
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shubha, Hawaii Honey is definitely my fave too :o) Xx

      Delete
  9. Maria maria is such a pretty colour never tried any Sleek lipglosses before
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so affordable you can treat yourself to 2 :o)! Xx

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I do too - it's a lovely golden coral :o) Xx

      Delete
  11. Maria Maria looks gorgeous! Love all the shades :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how pigmented and long lasting these are! Thai Orchard is definitely my fave!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a great lip gloss brand and all of those colors! Sounds good :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleek is a great brand and I was so impressed with these latest intense shades :o) Xx

      Delete
  14. I'm not big on glosses in general, but I'm glad this formula seems pretty pigmented! My favorite is natural Hawaii Honey, but that's me with ALL the corals really :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - it's just a colour I'm ALWAYS drawn to :o) Xx

      Delete
  15. Thai Orchid is a beauty! I keep looking at the matte versions of these every time I go to the Sleek stand, they're so on point with all their releases recently.

    www.walking-in-heels.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Emma! I've got Rioja Red in the matte version and I love it - another fab punchy shade :o) Xx

      Delete
  16. Wow they are all so gorge and look very pigmented which is always a plus :)

    xoxo One Stiletto At a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely and they feel so smooth to wear too :o) Xx

      Delete
  17. These sound and look lovely! :) xxx
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thai Orchid looks beautiful! I've never tried Sleek Lipgloss before but these look like really good pigmented products! x
    http://www.thoughtsinstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orchid isn't normally my colour but I really loved it and it works extra well now that I've got a bit of a tan as well :o) Xx

      Delete
  19. These look so pretty (: I'm on the hunt for some lip glosses and I might give these a try! x

    Http://yourteendiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, you definitely should, they're well worth it :o) Xx

      Delete
  20. The packaging is so "sleek" hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hawaii Honey and Thai Orchid are beautiful colours! You've completely sold these to me x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  22. All the tones are really pretty, all together it makes a perfect and versatile combo.

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  23. we hear so much about their cheek and eye products, but not too much about their lip products! Might have to go and place an order because these are stunning! Great review :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!