Thursday 27 February 2014

Makeup look of the month

After having indulged in quite heavy and elaborate makeup over the winter months, the month of February has been like a cosmetic detox for me and I've worn a minimum of products. Most days I've gone for the no makeup look using exactly the same products that I talked about in the Natural Edition, and when I've needed something a little bit more on the eyes and lips, I've worn the look that I'm showing you today - a time-saving minimal effort look that is still put together enough for work, or an evening out.

Starting with the eyes, I've kept it simple by applying the MUA Colour Blast Eyeshadow Tint (£3) straight from the stick all over the lid, blending it up towards the brow bone with my fingers. The color - Bring it back, is a beautiful golden dark bronze and it's perfect for a light wash across the lid as a base or to use on its own as I have. To add some more depth, I've used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Micro Liner (£5.49) in Black as close as possible to the upper eye lashes. I wanted a very subtle and precise look so I kept the line very thin, starting immediately in the inner corner of the eye and then making it slightly thicker towards the outer corner to define the eyeshape. If like me you're still improving when it comes to eyeliner, this product is great to use since it has a very thin felt tip and I feel that you have a good control over it when you apply, so you get just the right amount you need. After that I've applied lashings of the Seventeen Falsifeye Mascara (£6.49) in Black to get really long, whispy and flared lashes which this mascara is great at creating, even though it's not strong on volumising the lashes. Finishing the eye area, I've at least temporarily gone back to using a trusted eyebrow pencil after a less than successful detour into eyebrow mascara country - best to be forgotten... At the moment I'm still using the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil (£2.99) in Hazel 2, and for this look which is groomed and well shaped, but not too dark - this pencil works well since it's easy to use to get the right definition.
Moving on to the face, I've kept it very fresh and natural with a dabbing of the MUA Bronzer (£1) in Shade 1 in the hollow of my cheeks and on the sides of my nose for some basic sculpting, and then a light sweep of it on my forehead and chin, where the sun would naturally hit the face. This shade is just right for me - it's golden without any orange or dirty brown undertones and it blends beautifully into the skin. I know I've talked a lot about MUA lately, and for good reason. MUA has made such an effort to make great quality product at affordable prices available to us and they keep expanding their range - enabling us beauty junkies, but I'm only too happy to be enabled when nothing is more expensive than £9! I've applied a little bit of the Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher (£7.99) in shade 16 - Rose Coup de Foudre, which is a gorgeous muted coral with a slightly burned undertone and a hint of shimmer to it. I've placed it a bit higher up on the cheekbones rather than straight on the apples of my cheeks for some more definition and it's beautiful for a fresh rosy appearance. Last but not least I've lightly placed some of the gorgeous MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder (£3) that I talked about earlier this week just above the blusher on the cheekbones for a dewy, light shimmer.
To finish the look and to balance out the eye makeup I've used the No 7 Moisture Drench Lipstick (£9.75) in Mulberry. I'm very surprised that this lipstick isn't mentioned more often, although of course competition is stiff when it comes to lip products but it really does deserve to be mentioned since it's incredibly moisturising, long lasting and gives a lovely satin finish. There's also a lovely range of shades available and Mulberry is a beautiful dark rusty red shade with just the right depth when you want a red lip but nothing too vibrant or too vampy - it's simply very easy to wear. That's the most worn makeup look this month - it's straight forward, but chic and appropriate for most occasions. I hope you like this type of post since I'm planning on doing them more often in the future so I hope you'll let me know in the comments what you think and I'm really looking forward to reading them. Have a great day everyone!

67 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely look! I love the MUA eyeshadow tints, such a great price! The lipstick looks beautiful too x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The eye shadow pen is so easy to wear and there are lots of fab colors in the range :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Bourjois blush! Such a pretty colour!

    lovefrombethan.blogspot.co.uk

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for an every day rosy cheek :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. I'm tempted to try that eyebrow pencil, I need a cheap alternative to Benefit!

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best budget option I've tried so far is actually from Collection, it's softer than the Rimmel and even easier to work with :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Love the sound of the mascara x
    http://bellalovesbear.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great at lengthening, but not at the volumising. I've done a more detailed review of it here: http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/falsifeye-mascara-by-seventeen.html :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. Nice selection :)

    I'll wait on my blog, new post on :)

    http://thebluelighteyes.wordpress.com/2014/02/27/un-completo-sporty-chic-mfw-day-3/

    http://thebluelighteyes.wordpress.com/

    Silvia, from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. It really is, so I decided to show No 7 some well deserved love today :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. That lipstick shade looks gorgeous! And it's a great shade to jazz up a natural look.

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree, to prevent it from being insipid :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. I've heard so much about MUA Eyeshadow tints! Loved this post!!

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really wonderful to work with :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Rachael, that's really nice of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. I’m totally in love with your pics, they are amazing!

    I’m waiting for your opinion on my latest post!
    BABYWHATSUP.COM

    Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin

    Kisses, Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I have to try Rimmel Scandaleyes!! Loved the look darling! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how clever to use a face chart to show the look :-) It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be fun to mix things up a little :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. That lip colour is so so beautiful <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely and not difficult to wear like a lot of other strong reds :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous look! That lipstick shade is amazing!!

    <3,
    Pamela
    http://sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a good post idea! That lip color looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it, and I'll try to do more of them :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. love the highlighting powered! Great post!
    Alessia
    THECHILICOOL
    FACEBOOK
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  17. In my new post i talked about the "scandaleyes" by rimmel but the rimmel, not the micro liner, and i love it!

    Kiss, Nati
    https://www.facebook.com/IamPoliticallyCorrectBlog
    http://iampoliticallycorrect.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  18. ten róż jest rewelacyjny;)
    pozdrawiam
    woman-with-class.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is a great post… love it!!

    DinaBella
    http://dina-bella.blogspot.com/2014/02/body-shape-perfect-fit-diamond.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much that's really lovely of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  20. Lovely look, love the neutral eye with the pop of color on the lips!
    xoxo
    Simona
    http://littlethingsandelephants.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a more groomed look I think a pop of red is the right way to go :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. I do love these types of posts. SO many great things that I wish were easier to get a hold of here in the US!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And likewise - every time I see a haul from Sephora, I turn green with envy :o). Xx

      Delete
  22. Great products used, I love these kind of posts x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to get inspiration from others makeup looks :o). Xx

      Delete
  23. I love how much effort you put into your posts :) I love the Rimmel scandaleyes liner x
    Sweet Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you - thank you so so much :o). Xx

      Delete
  24. Replies
    1. It's a beautiful versatile and wearable red and the satin finish is sooo pretty :o). Xx

      Delete
  25. The No7 Lipstick is the only No7 makeup product that I actually like! Great post chick

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say that I've tried that much from No 7, but I agree with you - it's gorgeous :o). Xx

      Delete
  26. Replies
    1. Thank you - it's quick and easy to do, perfect when you want to keep it simple :o). Xx

      Delete
  27. Great post dear, thanks for sharing it!
    New outfit post on my blog, check it out and let me know what you think of it!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  28. That highlight is really gorgeous! I wish I could get all this makeup :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that MUA delivers worldwide, and with the low prices, it's well worth exploring :o). Xx

      Delete
  29. I love simple looks like this! I love the sound of the No7 lipstick.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great idea using a makeup chart to show the look. The Bourjois blush looks a lovely shade too.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. The No 7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Mulberry sounds amazing! I will have to check it out :)
    emmasbeginning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely to wear and it fades well too :o). Xx

      Delete
  32. Love the look! It's perfect for a date night or a classy party. I especially love the Mulberry lipstick. Thanks for sharing!

    May from La Vie En May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely - thanks a million :o). Xx

      Delete
  33. i love your picks :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ambi, that's so nice of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  34. That's a lovely look. I find it really hard to find a bronzer which is the perfect shade - I'll have to check out the MUA one. I've been a bit skeptical to try the range as it is so cheap, but I've only heard good things!
    RosieLM Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same with Beauty UK, but MUA does have some great things :o). Xx

      Delete
  35. The pot blusher from Bourjois is next on my list to get, it looks so nice :)
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice, reliable blusher - a classic for me :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!