Tuesday 18 February 2014

Fave 5 Estée Lauder products

The first premium brand that I ever tried was Estée Lauder, and ever since it's been one of my most loved and trusted brands that I keep going back to time and time again. The brand is almost 70 years old and for me Estée Lauder embodies high quality products, tasteful designs, and approachability. One of the things that I love is that it's a strong brand cross the board and you'll find excellent skin care as well as gorgeous perfumes and great makeup, and today we'll look at my favorite 5 products at the moment.

One of my most loved moisturisers ever is the Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme (£35). The technology behind it focuses entirely on optimising how moisture is absorbed by the skin for an instant moisture boost, how it strengthens the skin's moisture barrier and how it retains moisture throughout the day, which all helps to make your skin look plump and healthy. It's available in two different types - one for normal/combination skin and one for dry skin. I always get the one for dry skin which has a lovely velvety and almost gel like texture, despite being a cream that boosts the skin with moisture all day long. The cream is absorbed into the skin with the lightest touch and you'll instantly feel energised and refreshed and in the evening when it's time to remove the face of the day, the skin feels exactly as soft, supple and hydrated as if you'd just applied your moisturiser. The moisturising qualities are so impressive and the cream works just as well in winter as in summer time, and an added bonus to the enjoyable experience of using it is the beautiful soft scent - an absolute gem!
Another pick from the great Estée Lauder skin care range is the Resilience Lift Firming/Sculpting Eye Creme (£44). Since my skin tends to get dehydrated I always look for rich and intensely nourishing formulas for the delicate eye area, and this is wonderful to use. It contains ingredients that helps to boost production of natural collagen and elastin that are essential for making the skin look firm and plump and it also has luminizing optics that blur out the appearance of darkness and lines around the eyes. Even though it's a very creamy formula it easily sinks into the skin and it feels very light weight and refreshing, and the skin looks so smooth and radiant as if you've slept for 10 hrs. It is a fairly expensive cream, but the first one I tried lasted four months after using it twice a day, so you get an excellent amount of wear out of it. I've mentioned before that I love products that feel as if they are actually doing something and this eye cream doesn't only feel as if it's doing something it IS doing something and I will definitely keep repurchasing it.

Estée Lauder often releases the most incredible collectible little powder compacts in all kinds of designs and shapes, adorned with amazing jewels and one of the most recent editions was the Zodiac. The compacts are quite small and fairly heavy, in gold color with different crystal designs depending on the star sign. Even though I don't actually use much powder I instantly fell in love with the collection and just had to have the Scorpio Zodiac Powder Compact (£38.50). It comes with a tiny applicator and the Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder that is included is refillable so when it runs out, you just need to get a pan for the compact (£15). It's a completely indulgent trinket that I definitely didn't need, however because it's so small and dainty it's perfect to carry with you in a small hand bag, and I do feel a bit like a glamorous film star taking out this beautiful compact, powdering my nose and fixing the lipstick.
Speaking of glamorous, that's exactly the word I would use to describe the Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick (£20) in Hot Lava. The Vivid Shine formula is creamy, hydrating on the lips, long lasting and has clusters of different shaped prism pearls in it to create a luminous effect that also heightens the color. It's also has pearls in silver and gold to neutralize your natural liptone, which means that all of the more than 20 different gorgeous colors should look lovely with any skin tone. This particular shade is Hot Lava, a beautiful warm, sophisticated deep red in stylish and sleek packaging for a very elegant and groomed look. I love this vintage shade because of the satin finish, its crystal effect and versatility. We should all have a classic go-to red in our lipstick wardrobe, and if you haven't found yours yet, you should definitely try this or one of the other red shades from this lovely lipstick range. 
When it comes to nail polish, for me personally there are very few premium brands that beat the great options from the high street, but Estée Lauder is one of them and the Pure Color Nail Lacquer (£14) formula is one of the best that you can get. First of all the nail polishes look luxurious and amazing in the heavy crystal bottles - it's a real treat to buy one, and secondly the formula is intensely pigmented with a super shiny finish. The brush is nice and wide which makes application very easy and together with the pigmentation you quickly get a wonderful opaque and even finish. The nail polish dries very quickly, so if like me you prefer to apply two coats, you can still get your mani done in under five mins since you really don't need a top coat. One of the things about Estée Lauder polishes that I value the most is that unlike a lot of other premium brands, the polishes long lasting (on me about five days) and they will not chip or smudge easily, and I've never been disappointed in the wear with any of the polishes I have.

There's a lovely range of colors and effects to choose from, and we have two different shades from my collection. The first one is Dilettante, which is a gorgeous ice cream colored, crisp light blue with a hint of mint to it, just perfect for the Spring & Summer pastel trend, and the other one - Blue Blood is an intense, shimmering deep royal blue with such high shine it's almost mirror like. I love these polishes and am excited to pick up some new shades from the S&S collection, and I've already got my eye on an intense orchid shade - Insolent Plum.
From left to right (two coats, but no top coat):
Dilettante
Blue Blood

I have quite a few other Estée Lauder products that I use regularly, and even though I haven't mentioned them here today I also highly recommend that you try one of the great repair serums, or one of the gorgeous gelée powder eye shadows, they're all a nice introduction to this classic brand that stays contemporary by constantly reinventing itself.

73 comments:

  1. I love the compact. Too pretty to use x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's was a completely indulgent little treat, but you're right - it's very pretty and I'm so glad I got it :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. Fab post, as usual! I haven't ever tried anything from Estée Lauder (YSL was always my premium brand of choice) but I've actually now bookmarked a couple of these products. Thank you for being an enabler ;)

    Kerry x
    dulltoglam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kerry, I LOVE to enable :o). YSL is my other favorite brand - again they are so strong cross the board and their nail polishes are fab too Xx

      Delete
  3. Estée Lauder is one of my favourite brands. Their new lipstick is insanely good and the ANR serum is a must have for me. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I agree with you, the new lipsticks are lovely :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. love Estee Lauder makeup...mostly for its packaging...all gold and classy
    <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the type of makeup that you like showing off, if that makes sense :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. I really like their double wear foundation which I keep coming back to for years and recently discovered their under eye concealer which is also great. x

    whatsonyourtulips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Double wear on my list of things to try, but I hadn't thought about the concealer - so thanks for the recommendation :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Loved reading the post dear ! I love Estee Lauder .. recently got the night repair serum and its simply worth the hype <3 <3
    xoxo
    http://beautyndbest.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad you're happy with it :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. I've never tried anything from Estee Lauder but this has made me want to x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an excellent range, definitely something to try :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. I love Estee Lauders Double Wear foundation, best foundation ever!

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!! ♥

    xx
    Nathalie

    http://www.nathalie-kemna.nl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post!! One day, I'll try this products if you recommend them:)
    Kisses swettie xx

    SORTEO / GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'd be disappointed with any of them :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. I like Estée Lauder products, I use night repair serum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great serum, lovely and light on the skin :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. I have an EL lipstick and it's great! I have to try some more products. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how creamy and lightweight they feel :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really lovely of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. I've never tried any of these, but would love to!

    Char | Char's Insights

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous wearable red - love it :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. I love Estee Lauder, especially the "Double Wear" fondation :-)
    Greets,
    Silvi♥
    THE ZONE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that it's excellent so will need to try that soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. They're both lovely, but Dilettante will be perfect for spring :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. I love Estee's products!
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They manage to combine quality, design and affordability :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. Thank you so much, that's very nice of you - follow you now! :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Trust me to be attracted by the skincare Charlotte! The Hydrationist Cream and Resilience Lift sound lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenny - Hydrationist is such a wonderful light and hydrating cream, an absolute must have for me :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. What camera do you use? I love the quality of your photos! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Sian, thank you so much - that's really nice of you. It's a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 :o). Xx

      Delete
  22. i admit i haven't used EL in years! this is a great roundup for things to buy and try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope I've inspired you to go back and try some new products :o). Xx

      Delete
  23. Replies
    1. Aaah, thank you so much Selina - that's so lovely of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  24. Gorgeous make up, love it all!


    http://ohmymacushla.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am definitely getting EL Lipsticks soon...EL Double wear is my fav too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lipsticks have an amazing formula :o). Xx

      Delete
  26. Nice picks! I got some EL lipsticks as well and their amazing :) Love the compact powder! xo's

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have an amazing product range :o). Xx

      Delete
  27. Replies
    1. It's amazingly light and lovely on the skin :o). Xx

      Delete
  28. I've never tried any of these, are over my budget, but I like to read and sometimes I buy even products more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe something for the wishlist then :). Xx

      Delete
  29. perfect doll
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  30. That mirror is the most beautiful thing! I really want to try their Double Wear night repair serum :)
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cute isn't it - I've seen some amazing bejewelled editions in Harrods, but I love my little Scorpio :o). Xx

      Delete
  31. I love their compacts and that looks like a great shade of lipstick

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous red, a real classic :o). Xx

      Delete
  32. Looking at your collection makes me want to try the brand! How is the pressed powder? Does it mattify your skin? It kind of looks like the UD Demattifying powder I have, but not sure if it acts the same way.

    May from La Vie En May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does mattify without being cakey and it feels very light on the skin too :o). Xx

      Delete
  33. Awesome picks! I really love EL's Double Wear Foundation :)

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to be brilliant - I'm really looking forward to trying it at some point :o). Xx

      Delete
  34. I love love love Estee Lauder products! They're so light on your skin yet leave such a dewey look!
    Great blog post, I'm hoping I can eventually splash out on some ester lauder products soon.

    http://www.helensbeautycorner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - they are so lovely and luxurious :o). Xx

      Delete
  35. Great post :) I have a couple of those Estee Lauder polishes and I have to say they are probably some of the best I've ever used! They have just the right consistency and brilliant coverage too :) I'm keen to try out more from the brand x

    ReplyDelete
  36. That Zodiac compact is amazing! So beautiful and luxurious. I really want to try the ANR.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the previous version of it, and thought it was OK but it seems like the new revamped ANR is even better so I think I'll give it another try :o). Xx

      Delete
  37. I have to admit, apart from this shade of lipstick, I regularly use all these products, I also have a Scorpio compact!!! x
    Deborah
    moonstoneandmay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!