Sunday 2 February 2014

Would you rather TAG - beauty edition

Happy Sunday everyone and I hope you've had a great weekend so far! Today it's TAG time, and it's the Would you rather TAG - beauty edition, that I was tagged for by the lovely Jacquelyn at The Little Scottish Corner a while back and it's kind of a cruel tag really since it forces you to choose between different beautiful beauty products. Such impossible choices shouldn't have to be made, but here we go:

1.) Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks, and lipglosses or lose all of your palettes and eyeshadows?
I'm quite fortunate that I've got long eyelashes, the only problem is that they are blonde - VERY blonde, so you can barely see them, so for me mascara is an absolute staple product I wouldn't want to be without and as long as you've got mascara, eyeliner and a lippy, you're sorted for a sleek and put together look. So this choice is an easy one for me - you can take all my palettes and eyeshadows... but please don't... 
 
2.) Would you rather chop off all your hair or never be able to cut it again?
I had very short hair when I was very young and I think it's traumatised me in some way since I've since then always had long or very long hair, and since I'm in the middle of Operation Rapunzel, trying to grow it even longer, the answer is pretty clear - let it grow, let it grow, let it grow!

3.) Would you rather have a coral cheek or a pink cheek?
I'm naturally drawn to coral shades, both for lips and blushers. I just think it suits me best both when I have a tan and when my complexion is its usual almost pale blue for a warm, fresh and natural look. 

4.) If you had £1000 to spend, would you rather buy clothes or makeup?
Clothes, clothes and CLOTHES since I haven't got a thing to wear, at least I didn't when I opened my wardrobe this morning...

5.) Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner, or eyeliner as lipstick?
Well funny you should ask! You may know that Sleek has an amazing range of pencils in all kinds of shades and one of my favorites is in a dark red tone that I have seen used both as a lip pencil and as an eyeliner, and personally I use it as an eyeliner with a bronze or golden eyeshadow to emphasize my eyes.

6.) Would you rather only shop at MAC or Sephora?
Didn't even have to think about this one... I couldn't possibly commit to just one brand and I don't necessarily like everything that MAC has so it would need to be Sephora since they have more than just their own stuff.

7.) Would you rather only use one eyeshadow color or one lip color for the rest of your life?
To me a different lip color can really alter a look from casual to glam, natural to vampy and we all need a little variety to keep things interesting, so I would keep all my lipsticks and probably also get a few new ones and happily only wear one eye shadow for the rest of my life - as long as it's not an outrageous color.

8.) Would you rather wear winter clothes in summer or summer clothes in winter?
It's a tricky question for me since I love summer and the warmer it is, the better and I'm usually happiest when I'm deep in a desert somewhere, however my most favorite type of outfit is my autumn and winter uniform of leather leggings in varying colors, a jumper and a statement necklace and it's with great sadness that I pack away my leather trousers in the Summer. So I would need to say that I'll wear my winter clothes all year around - and sit in the shades...

9.) Would you rather have dark nails or bright nails all year round?
This is just mean, how could I possibly choose between dark or bright shades - there's a time and a place for both, but if I really had to decide it would be dark nails. 

10.) Would you rather give up your favorite lip product or your favorite eye product?
Favorite lip product because I have too many of them that you could argue that none of them are true real favorites, however my favorite mascara is definitely my favorite mascara, and it's staying right where it is in my makeup bag.

11.) Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a ponytail or a messy bun?
Interesting question - I would have chosen a messy bun because I love it and it's so practical, however Him Indoors absolutely hates what he call my Pineapple, so for his sake it would need to be a ponytail.

12.) Would your rather never be able to paint your nails again or never use lipgloss?
I'll pass up on a lip gloss any day of the week - truth be told I very rarely use them, there are few that have an amazing non sticky formula and I'm too lazy to use lip glosses on top of a lip stick, so not a big sacrifice really to give this up. Don't even think about taking my nail polishes away from me.... I'll physically fight any one who dares to try!

13.) Would you rather shave your eyebrows and have none at all or sharpie them in everyday?
I have the same issuette with my eye brows as I do with my eyelashes, they have shape but they are so so blonde, and without adding color I basically look like Mona Lisa. It always surprises me how much eye brows do in terms of framing a face and there's absolutely no way EVER that I could be without noticeable eye brows and since I've had plenty of practice with adding color I'll go for the sharpie option - I'm sure it would get fashionable at one point or another and I could say I was leading the way with a new avant-garde look.

14.) Would you rather live without makeup or nail polish?
La La La La - sorry but I can't hear what you're saying, La La La La. It's a basic human right to have both!

So having been cruelly forced to make a lot of tough decisions, I'd like to hear what the following lovely bloggers would choose if they were put in this horrible position to have to make some tough choice:

Sarah from Mybeautysleuth
Kerry from Dull To Glam

As a beauty junkie I'm amazed that I've managed to get through this TAG and even though some decisions were easier to make than others, I'm still very glad this is in theory only - it is right..? PLEASE SAY it's in theory only!!!!!

54 comments:

  1. Always fun to see peoples answers. Thanks for sharing
    xx, michelle
    http://michelleolthuis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can leave without eyeshadows also because I use my lipstick on cheeks and eyes very often!!
    bonjourchiara.blogspot.com
    Facebook Page Bonjourchiara
    Bloglovin Bonjourchiara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chiara, that's another good idea - thanks for that :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. Haha I loved this! What cruel decisions!! I think I agree with nearly all of your choices, especially the last one. It's just cruel to make somebody pick something like that :) x

    Claire | AgentSmyth | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes - it's just meeeeeeaaaaaan :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you very much, and even though I am a beauty junkie, I*m even worse when it comes to clothes :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. I loved your answers, the questions definitely made me thing hard about what I would choose! It's always nice to get to know the blogger a bit better x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, some were easier than others - but it still makes you think doesn't it :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. I loved your answers to this! Thanks for doing it. The pineapple bun thing made me giggle, it's such a man thing to say isn't it? I agree it's a basic human right to have nail polish and makeup. Hope you enjoyed doing the tag lovely.
    Jacquelyn
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely!!!! I still wear my hair in a bun though - after all I appreciate his point of view but I have every right to ignore it LOL. Have a super day :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. great post, i loved your answers. its always nice to see what people think and learn more about the person behind the blog posts :)

    Leyla xx
    Leyla Writes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much and have a nice Sunday :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. Great answers...... great interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy sunday doll!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - have a great day :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. Oooo I'd never seen this tag before but I like it! x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o) it does make you think about which of your products you value the most :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. Amazing interview!!! Xx

    New post: http://betweenmyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting read :)

    http://daisychainprincess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could live without lipstick but would keep the eye shadows these can be used for cheeks, lips and eyes (Bobbi Brown shimmer brick). I would opt for not cutting my hair, could always sharpen a stone and do my own. It would definitely have to be summer clothes in Winter. Great post Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - great thinking :O). Xx

      Delete
  13. Loved ur all answers..v nice post

    my recent one :http://www.dbreviews.co.uk/2014/02/freeman-facial-clay-mask-mint-lemon.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely answers sweetie <3
    http://www.beautyandfashionfreaks.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was really fun and interesting to read x

    www.healthyyetbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, thank you :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. loved the answers great post x

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahaha love your answer to the last question! I would want to pick nail polish but I know there are some makeup products I couldn't never use again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tough one so I refuse to even think about it :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. the last question made me laugh to myself as i agree completely what kind of person would ask that question ! outragous amazing post love it !

    jenny / everweird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you - I really do appreciate it, thank you so much :o), Xx

      Delete
  19. Great tag! Enjoyed reading this.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it :o). Xx

      Delete
  20. Hello lovely! Thank you for tagging me and entering my giveaway! I have saved this in my drafts and will make sure I do it :D Hope your well!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH, that's so exciting - I can't wait to see your answers :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. Great tag! I would spend £1000 on clothes too - just thinking about what I could buy is making me excited!
    I'm all about the messy bun! Easy & effortless
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too - I'm not even sure I would know where to start... actually I do - shoes, tops, dresses... :o). Xx

      Delete
  22. great advisers,,,
    kiss from
    http://maysesmodamour.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this tag! I did it a while ago and it is one of my favorites to read. I'm so nosey :) xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well why not, and it's a cute way of getting to know bloggers a bit better :o). Xx

      Delete
  24. i love this tag, some of the choices are just cruel though!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree - I refuse to compromise on nails :o). Xx

      Delete
  25. I love the questions and answers! It's fun to see everyone's answers

    Yasmeen x
    http://themirroraffects.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haha, what a neat Tag! Gonna have to do this as well!

    Ps. I agree about the sharpied eyebrows - start a trend. lol

    Lovely blog darling!

    Viève, xx

    www.bonjourvieve.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you very much, likewise :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks so much for tagging me, lovely!
    I loved reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't know how you made a decision for some of they questions- very difficult! Made me giggle though and loved seeing how different people would choose different things. Great post, Hollie X

    http://its-hollie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much and you're right, some of them definitely weren't easy to answer :o). Xx

      Delete
  30. What a fun tag! I love this! Your answer to 14 is spot on!
    xoxo Lauren
    www.willsingformakeup.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!