Saturday 29 March 2014

MOXI Makeup Brushes

Up until last year I'd never really invested in good tools for applying makeup and I would stick with whatever little applicator came with the product. In my defense I had looked at various brush sets, but more often than not the brushes would cost a fair bit more than I was willing to spend on them especially not since the quality didn't bowl me over. But things are changing on the makeup brush front and you can now get high quality brushes at affordable prices, and my latest brush obsession is the fabulous MOXI Brush Set* (£48) which I'm so fortunate to have tested. The set contains 5 brushes; the MOXI flat top angle brush, the M1 goat hair powder brush, an O1 taklon foundation brush, an X1 angled eye liner brush and the I1 double-ended brush. It's a wonderful gift set which comes in a lovely wrapped box (see photos on my Instagram), which I have already put to good use as makeup storage, and the brushes come individually wrapped and stored in a plastic cylinder that you could keep to protect the brushes if you need to bring them along for touching up on the go.

As you may know I do like lovely packaging and attractive products, and although that in itself isn't more important than good quality, it doesn't hurt to have something pretty to look at on the dressing table - and that's exactly what these brushes are too; sleek, elegant and chic with a dark grey handle and shiny rose gold ferrule. Let's start with looking at the O1 Taklon Foundation Brush (£13.50), which has dense but soft and silky bristles with a lightly rounded point to make it easier to apply foundation evenly and with a streak-free coverage. Since taklon is a synthetic material with a smoother surface, it's easier to clean than other types of brushes so they are also perfect for use if you have sensitive skin without causing any irritation.
Moving on to the MOXI Flat Top Angle Brush (£13.50) which is a synthetic brush with a very tightly packed angled bristle top, great for use with bronzer and blusher for sculpting cheekbones and the bristles feel super soft on the skin and it's nice and pliable to use. The brush is also great for liquid foundation and when I've used it with my YSL Youth Forever Serum Foundation, it easily buffs in the formula leaving my complexion with a very smooth and natural finish. Personally I actually prefer to use this with foundation rather than the O1 Foundation Brush, simply because of how lovely it feels on the skin and by using just the tip of the brush you can even use it on areas where you need more control and precision, a very versatile brush!

Included in the set is also a M1 Goat Hair Powder Brush (£13.50), which is a medium sized brush with a generous amount of bristles and the shape is to help with better precision and control. This brush also has a very dense bristle to make it easy to pick up product and to get a nice full coverage and it feels very luxurious and soft on the skin and apparently it gets even more soft with use. Even though it's intended for powder, it also works really well with blusher and bronzer and personally I love to use it with a blusher since the domed shape of the brush makes it perfect for applying blusher  with a very light touch, right on the apples of your cheeks.

Next up is the X1 Angled Eye Liner Brush (£8) which is made from synthetic fibres. The bristle is quite stiff, although it still feels soft and gentle on the skin, and together with the very fine tip the brush gives your perfect control when you apply the eyeliner, and the angled ferrule makes it so much easier to get really close to the inner and outer corners of the lashline for even application and glamorous feline flicks. I've never been very good at applying eyeliner with a brush, but the angled ferrule really works for me, and even heavy handed I can accomplish a beautiful, precise and thin line with minimal effort - I am completely IN LOVE with this brush.
We've come to the last of the brushes - the I1 Double-Ended Brush (£12.50) which also is a synthetic brush and similarly to the Angled Eye Liner Brush, the bristles are very firm to allow precision work with the brush. It's a multi purpose brush which you can use with concealers and eye shadows - applying with the flat end, and then blending and defining with the angled side. I especially like to use the angled end to blend and it makes it so effortless to achieve a lovely transition between colors.

I am very impressed with the quality and feel of the MOXI brushes, and my favorites out of this lovely 5 is the Flat Top Angled Brush, which is just wonderful for foundations, bronzers and blushers, and the Angled Eye Liner Brush which for me definitely has opened up a whole new world of possibilities when it comes to eyeliner. If you were to buy each of the brushes individually, you'd pay £61 for them, so treating yourself to the MOXI gift box (£48.50) would save you some cash, and let's face it - it's not as if we don't all have a very long wish list of beauty products to spend that money on. In addition MOXI currently offers free shipping on all UK orders, and if you use the discount code MOXI10CL (valid until April 30th) you get an additional 10% off all MOXI orders.

54 comments:

  1. Great review Charlotte! Not too long ago I realized how important it is to have some great makeup tools but too bad that most popular brushes cost a fortune.

    Have a great weekend!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelie, I completely agree, and in so many cases I haven't found that they weren't even worth it... :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They are so elegant and very soft on the skin - beautiful to work with :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. Those look lovely! I am looking for more brushes lol as I can never have enough :) I have never heard of these brushes, thanks for the review I will check them out.

    www.themakeupsquid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, and I'm the same mostly because I hate cleaning them - but these little beauties I will definitely take good care of :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. They look amazing, and so affordable for great quality it seems.

    xx Anine
    redlipsandbeautybits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Anine, they are so soft and both the angled flat top and the angled eye liner brush are must haves for me now :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. These look really nice! I'm looking into a new set of brushes maybe these would be good!

    Aimee - AroundTwenty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are among the softest foundation brushes I've ever tried, and I would highly recommend them :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. at least we still can use it good ,so its affordable .... ggod choice
    xoxo
    www.mysecretfabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a lovely set, the brushes are so pretty and sound like amazing quality :)
    Great review!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jess - they are very elegant, aren't they and the rose gold is a lovely touch :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. These look like lovely brushes perfect for perfecting makeup and a great look Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so lovely and soft on the skin - lovely brushes! :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I hadn't either, and I think it's pure genius - it makes application SOOOO much easier :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I think MOXI brushes will be very popular since they mix quality with reasonable prices :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. The angled brush looks daunting! Followed your blog on GFC, can't believe I wasn't following you before!

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ellie, that's really lovely of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. Never heard of this brand. I would like to try the flat top angle brush.

    http://www.cindyslittleblackbook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to use it with foundation, it gives great control and a lovely even finish :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. Lovely review. I think I might give this brand a try ;)

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you definitely should - I don't think you'll be disappointed :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Great review - I really want to try out these brushes now x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lauren - have a great weekend :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. I've been eagerly waiting for the Zoeva rose gold brush set to come back in stock, but it looks like these might be just as good!

    emmazingbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Zoeva, but these are wonderfully smooth and I can't wait for more brushes in the range :o) Xx

      Delete
  16. These even look beautiful! That eyeliner brush looks so good xx

    Abby | http://teenagelovesxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant - just that simple angle just makes it soo much easier to use :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. What lovely brushes, I have never heard of MOXI but these look pretty & sound like very good quality
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quality is excellent and since they are along the same price as e.g. RT, they are well worth a try :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. Oooh these look really fab! I'm in need of some new brushes :)

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it - can't go wrong when there's 10% off :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. These look gorgeous and for £48.50 for the set, I don't think they're too badly priced for quality makeup brushes.

    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Laura - I completely agree and it's well worth the money! :o) Xx

      Delete
  20. I am very intrigued by these brushes! They look gorgeous :)

    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're super value, and I would highly recommend them :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. Thanks Charlotte for the amazing write-up! Love the pics too! The feedback here is phenomenal, we are so thrilled :-)

    We're a new brand and only recently launched, and there's so much we're working on but if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask or check out our website.

    See you around! P.S. Don't forget to use your discount code!

    Best wishes,
    Team MOXI
    www.moximakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting! Already looking forward to seeing some more brushes being added to the range :o). Xx

      Delete
  22. I totally need to update my make up brushes! These are awesome!
    Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the MOXI brushes as much as I do - they're amazing value for money :o). Xx

      Delete
  23. Love it!

    www.thesecretstop.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous set of brushes! <3 Lovely post :) xo's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura - the quality is excellent and I highly recommend them :o). Xx

      Delete
  25. Great post! I have always found make up brushes to be way too expensive, but I just invested in some from Make-Up Academy, I'll be blogging about them some part of the week :)
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep an eye out for the review :o). Xx

      Delete
  26. Wow, these brushes look beautiful. I definitely need to give this brand a try.

    May from La Vie en May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are incredibly soft and so elegant too :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!