Tuesday 4 March 2014

Persunma... what?

I'm usually quite quick in trying out and catching on to new online fashion stores, e.g. I started buying things from ASOS not long after they had started many moons ago, but somehow mysteriously this phenomenon called Persunmall has completely slipped me by unnoticed. Since Persunmall has now been around for a few while I realised that I needed to educate myself on what it is, after all we can't have any gaps on the shopping CV, so in the interest of furthering my shopping skills I placed my very first order. Persunmall has a very impressive range of clothes, shoes, bags and accessories, and I wasn't quite sure where to start, but when in doubt - always go for statement jewellery until you find your shopping feet! I could easily have shopped till I dropped since the selection is mind boggling and the prices are VERY affordable, but since this was my first experience I thought I would hold back a little bit and in the end I had a modest selection in my shopping basket of two shirts, two necklaces and a bracelet.

So let's talk a bit about my first impressions of Persunmall based on my first shopping experience. Some of the clothes and items on Persunmall are quite unique and you would need to look hard in vintage or boutiques to find something similar, but a lot of the pieces are very similar to what you might find on the high street and some of it is also very much "in the style of" the latest collections from different designers, but at bargain prices. The descriptions of the items are very good with great measurements given, to help you decide which size is right for you. If you in the end aren't happy with your purchase you can exchange or return your item within 30 days, although you will have to pay for the shipping fee or the cost to reship an item you've requested in another size. My advise is to be very careful if you're ordering heavy or bulky items like shoes, boots or bags since you have to return them to China. This is a a lesson I've learned the hard way on other online stores that haven't been generous with their return policy. If you're a new customer you get 15% off your first order and you also get free shipping if you like Persunmall on Facebook, so it's well worth doing.

I placed my order on Feb 6, and it was delivered on Feb 28 - that's quite a long turnaround time in my opinion and it might have been caused by the Chinese New Year, but judging by the delivery time guidance from Persunmall, this seems to be quite standard. You may remember that I said that I bought two necklaces, but in the photos I only show one - that is because only one of them was delivered and I haven't been told why or when the other necklace will arrive - if at all. Maybe I'm a very demanding customer, but I really would have expected to get a notification to say that there are delivery issues or something is out of stock, and good communication from a seller is a very important aspect for me and a lack of communication can influence if I choose that store again or not. 

Overall, Persunmall has a great and affordable lovely selection of items, and I am very happy with what I have received since it was exactly as described and with decent quality. However for me personally the fact that I didn't get all the items I had ordered without explanation is a big minus and at the moment I'm very much on the fence whether I think this is a great online store or not. The only way to find out is to place another order - and I'm not just saying this as a shopaholic, there is a serious point to it as well. One "so so" experience can definitely be an exception and I'm very willing to give Persunmall the benefit of the doubt, and for me the second experience will decide if this is a pattern and if it will become one of my go to online bargain places.

If you have bought things from Persunmall previously I would love to hear what your experience is, or let me know which your favorite online store is. 

35 comments:

  1. I am in love with the stuff that you got. Especially that kiss shirt. These are awesome finding.

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It's a fabulous necklace, I just wish I had got the second one I bought too :o/. Xx

      Delete
  3. Interesting review - I haven't ordered from Persunmall but have bought from similar fashion sites based in China and the delivery time has always been ridiculous so I won't be rushing to repeat. That said, that lip print shirt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The items themselves are lovely, but I completely agree with you and amazing sites like ASOS and others that offer next day delivery, there are other options :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. oooh.. it's good to be introduced to a new online store, I'm buying from asos too and it's about time to some variety. great picks! the lips blouse is amazing!!

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Persunmall has great items at a good price, but delivery time is long. I think it happens with all Chinese retailers.

    Jasmine xx
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The necklace is so pretty and love the turquoise shade!
    Alessia
    THECHILICOOL
    FACEBOOK
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy with it, and it's quite heavy too -- always the sign that quality is ok :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. that kiss print shirt looks so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving the shirt with the lips print! :)

    daisy
    & Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like you post!kisses

    http://fotofashionfeelings.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  10. very very nice!!!!

    http://thefashionprincessblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the lipstick print blouse. So cute

    hcozens.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! Thank you for introducing me to persunmall :-)
    Claire.x
    www.xclaireabella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun shopping, just be aware of the long delivery times and the not so generous returns policy :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. I've never heard of this website before, I feel very out of the loop! Your lips shirt is gorgeous though, so I have to go check the site out :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the shopping, I'm convinced you'll find lots of fab things :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Definitely, they are very reasonable in general :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. I am in love with the necklaces!!!
    Alley Xoxo
    http://classygirlschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I personally have had three terrible collaborations with persunmall, horrible quality and a useless website and customer service every time i tried to purchase haha!
    x


    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that but that's really good to know since I'm worried that my experience isn't a one off... Perhaps best to be selective and go for accessories rather than clothes... Xx

      Delete
  17. oh i love that first shirt! i hope your second experience is better :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed - I might stick to jewellery next time :o), Xx

      Delete
  18. Thanks a million, they do have a great range of items :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the kisses shirt, and the necklace :)

    Esttrill.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!