Sunday 1 December 2013

Lush bath times

Back in the old days when views about cleanliness and hygiene weren't quite the same as today, a lot of people only had a wash perhaps once a week or in many cases even more rarely. However, when it was time for Christmas it was a tradition for the whole family to have a Christmas bath to make sure that everyone was nice and clean for the big Christmas meal. Well things have certainly changed since then and I'm sure I'm not the only one bath lover who looks forward to the Christmas collection from Lush every year to indulge in all things fun and seasonal, although a lot of the products are almost too cute to use up. I got a little bit carried away this year when I saw the new collection, but at least I will have lots of gorgeous products of all kinds, colors, shapes and scents in my bath basket to choose from.
If we start with the shower gels I had actually already bought Snow Fairy and Ponche when I happened to see Glögg (£13.50) on the website. Glögg is a traditional heated red wine based winter drink, similar to mulled wine which is spiced with cinnamon, orange, cognac and cloves and something I'm very familiar with as I'm Swedish, and the thought of a glögg smelling shower gel was just too much to resist. It doesn't smell exactly like the glögg from my family home, but it's close enough and it has beautiful warming essential oils for a feel good shower after you've been out in the cold.

Next is my annual shower gel highlight and all time favourite Lush scent - Snow Fairy (£10.95). This is a bit of a love it or hate it scent and I'm very firmly in the love it camp because of its pink and sweet, fruity bubblegum scent. It's fresh, fluffy and light like candy floss and I have had such a hard time to stop myself from using it before December, but today I will celebrate first of advent with an indulgent Snow Fairy shower.

The last shower gel is Ponche (£8.95) which is a citrusy, juicy tropical sweet scent with a very light hint of cinnamon and buckets of tequila. Apparently this is a traditional Mexican Christmas drink, and although I prefer warmer scents in the winter, I do like the zestiness of it and could see myself still using this in Spring time for a bright, sparkly and refreshing shower.
Now we come to all the bath bombs, melts and bubble bars. Golden Wonder (£3.50) is a bath bomb in the shape of a gorgeous glittery Christmas present and it even has a bow on it. The scent is sparkling, citrusy with sweet orange and lime but with a warm undertone to it, making it great for winter time. Apparently this is a bath bomb that you should take your time to enjoy and that releases wonderful colors and stars when you drop it in the bath. But be careful when you pick it up because it has soo much glitter on it, that it gets absolutely everywhere - and yes I did walk around with gold on my nose for a few hrs...I've seen photos of this in the bath and I'm very excited to try it and to let it wrap me in gold while I enjoy a glass of chilled champagne - now that's how you ease in Christmas!
Next bath bomb is Cinders (£2.45), less sparkly on the outside but just like Cinderella has a bit of a transformation in the bath. It also has a very fruity and spicy scent of orange combined with cinnamon and which smells very comforting and relaxing. The transformation of this one in the water is down to the popping candy which should crackle like a log fire. Sounds interesting and it'll be fun to see if it actually works.
Lush has really latched on to the Christmas drink concept and another bath product to resemble a traditional hot drink is the Hot Toddy bubble bar (£3.25). You crumble it under running water for lots of creamy bubbles to form and the bathroom will be filled with that luxurious and whipped spicy but soft scent of eggnog, citrus fruits and nutmeg. It's a warming and relaxing scent and since the bubble bars are so foaming, I'll probably split this in two to get more use out of it. 
Christmas is a very sparkly time of year and even more so if you use the Star Light, Star Bright bath melt (£3.30). It's such a pretty bath melt, covered in a heavy dusting of silver that unfortunately goes absolutely everywhere and again that sticks to your fingertips for hrs. It has a rich and moisturising center of shea butter and is supposed to make the water feel soft and creamy and turns it silvery turqoise. This is a more piquant and invigorating scent than the other bath products because of the ginger and lime and it's deliciously refreshing.
We're now on to the bath products that are almost too cute to melt, although this little guy looks as if he's already well on his way - it's the Melting Snowman bath melt (£2.25). The shape is different, but it has the same warming scent as the Hot Toddy bath melt and the same moisturising qualities that will leave the skin nice and soft. So if you don't have the heart to finish our snowman off, you can get the same scent and effect from the Hot Toddy melt, but with less of a guilty conscience.
The cuteness factor is at an all time high with the Christmas Penguin bubble bar (£2.95). It's a very fresh and almost Mediterranean scent of sweet orange flower and mandarin oil a and it's so refreshing that I'll probably save this for a morning bath, to set me up nicely for the day. I would like to try and split this bubble bar into two as well, but I suspect that it'll just fall into pieces if I do - as if it isn't bad enough that we have to dissolve him... Poor penguin...
Last up we have Father Christmas himself (£3.25) with his cheery, merry face in a cute pink and white bath bomb, but when you drop it in the water it'll completely unexpectedly turn green! It has a lovely fresh but warm orange scent and for me I think this will be the one to save for Christmas day, after all I need Father Christmas to drop off my pressies before he fizzes away!

As a bath lover I'm so glad that things have changed since the old days, and it probably wasn't easy getting hold of a decent bath bomb either... Luckily I'm all sorted with lots of goodies and I'm looking forward to some lush bath times before Christmas.

62 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Lush's Christmas lineup this year! The bath products are adorable :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are - they really are too cute :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. So funny that you mention how people didn't shower as often back in the day because I was literally JUST talking about that with a friend YESTERDAY! hahaha :P I looooove LUSH products. Their company is just amazing as a whole... I worked for them in a seasonal position a few years ago and had a blast! I miss my 50% discount. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I bet you do - that must have been so much fun :)! Xx

      Delete
  3. I prefer have a bath instead a shower during the winter. So I want to try all these products! And finally I found my lush store here in Doha!
    bonjourchiara.blogspot.com
    Facebook Page Bonjourchiara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing - I know it's a bit warmer there but at least you can have a good look around :). Xx

      Delete
  4. Lush has gorgeous Christmas stuff looking forward to trying mine
    http://somelikeitblonde.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - they do keep up really well throughout the year :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely items! I'm really curious about the Bath Bombs :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so fizzy and gorgeous - I can't wait to try them all, but first up is definitely Snow Fairy :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Great post, I love lush!
    You have a lovely blog, I'm following you! :)

    xxx
    http://causeineedit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really lovely of you. Follow you back. Xx

      Delete
  7. I love the melting snowman and the penguin, I really wish I would have asked Mum to pick me up something for in the bath when she picked up my Lush haul. I've cracked open my Snow Fairy and I've been using the Rudolph face mask. I think I'm going to use up all my Lush Christmas goodies by mid December!

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know what you mean - I might even have a shower twice a day now :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. Such a big haul! Little bit jealous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the products have been sitting waiting to be used for weeks now :o) - I've been very good not to start using them before today :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. It's settled, I NEED to get my hands on Snow Fairy... the amount of bloggers that rave about it year after year is just too much!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES - I agree, come join us on the Snow Fairy side :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. Jag måste köpa mig en Snow Fairy nästa gång jag shoppar på Lush. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaa - prata om grupptryck när vi är så många som är tokiga i den :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. OMG, they are all so cute, but the Penguin one has to be mine! :)

    MyMakeUpCompulsion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's adorable - he almost belongs on the top of a lovely cake or something :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. What an awesome collection! I really need to get my mitts on Snow Fairy, I love the smell of cotton candy! I have never tried the bath bombs as I always thought they would feel a little scratchy on my skin lol. Are they moisturizing?

    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they aren't as creamy as the bubble bars for sure, but some of them like Butterball and Be My Honey are very gentle on the skin so should work even if you are a bit sensitive :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. love the lush goodies! as you can obviously tell from my blog. glogg is only available online but you have definitely tempted me with it now, I just grabbed a 500 mL container of rose jam though so I have a ton of body wash! the bath bombs all look great, I really want to try golden wonder next, so I'll have to pick one up :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited to see if the golden glitter stays on your skin - that would be perfect for a party look! Xx

      Delete
  14. Ohh so many lovely things. The penguin looks so cute! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad the bathing traditions have changed! Lovely Xmas line from Lush this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely feels both bigger and better than before :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. The bath bombs all look so amazing. I wish I had a bathtub to try all of them.

    http://allthingsglitterandbeauty.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I have a bathtub for lazy, loungy afternoons or relaxing evenings :o), Xx

      Delete
  17. I'm not a fan of Lush's bath bombs, but I really do like their Snow Fairy Shower Gel! It smells amazing x
    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's incredible, I have a feeling I might stock up on another one before the X-mas collection is gone LOL. Xx

      Delete
  18. I am heading to Lush next week and my ma's new house has a bath I've a feeling I'm going to go crazy on bath bombs :P
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely understandable with so many tempting goodies :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. I can't get enough of LUSH's Holiday Goodies. I picked up two of their Rose Holiday Gift sets. One for me and one for a friend. I couldn't resist picking one up for myself LOL

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right - gifts for everyone is no more than fair :). Xx

      Delete
  20. They're too good t use! The glogg shower gel sounds lovely though!
    Tania @ make-up-maggie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it's a lovely sweet, warm and spicy scent - faaaaaaaaaab :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. This looks amazing! I only discovered Lush last year by chance but I have fallen in love with it, my favourites definitely being the bath bombs. I love how they are all Christmassy and as a bath lover, I can't wait for the sales!!
    Much love
    bohobun.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely, I think I'll ad pick up some more Snow Fairy until after X-mas and see if it's included in the sale :o). Xx

      Delete
  22. What an amazing collection! I recently picked up the little penguin, and can't wait to use it!
    Love your blog by the way, new follower here :)
    Carrie xx

    Carrie:Brighton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Carrie - thank you so much for visiting! He's the cutest little fellow isn't he :o). That's so lovely of you - thank you and hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  23. I love Lush so bad!

    It will mean a lot if you have time to check our blog and maybe follow us if you like it ?

    Hope to see you soon on it!

    Emily from Pretty Tiny Things

    ReplyDelete
  24. http://xoprimaxo.blogspot.com/

    nice!What an amazing collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's very nice of you! Xx

      Delete
  25. My little girl is desperate for some Lush goodies - must treat her this Christmas! I myself love the sound of the Ponche - love anything tropical and fruity! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I bulk buy Snow Fairy, it's my fave shower gel EVER!

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you said that so I'm not the only one stocking up on this LOL. Xx

      Delete
  27. I've so far only been on one trip to Lush this Christmas, but I'll hopefully be going again before Christmas is over as I want to pick up lot's more So White's and Shoot For The Stars bath bombs, as well as the penguin bubble bar, Father Christmas bath ballistic and of course Snow Fairy. :)

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Can almost smell this post!!! Love how yummy everything from Lush smells especially Snow Fairy.

    xoxo One Stiletto At a Time fashion and beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know what you mean - it's such a beautiful candy like scent :o). Xx

      Delete
  29. YOU MAKE GREAT POSTS... I LOVE THEM...:-)
    KEEP IN TOUCH..
    http://styleinthessbiky.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so very nice of you and it means a lot - thanks a million :o)! Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!