Saturday 28 December 2013

Ciaté Advent calendar Dec 19 - 24

I realise that December has been fairly heavy with the ol' nail polish posts and that's partly since I've not only had my regular Manic.Monday posts but I've also wanted to show you what the wonderful Ciaté advent calendar has had in store for me this year. Well we've now come to the end of the advent calendar - all the doors have been opened and these 24 days of  new interesting shades and polishes every morning have been so much fun. But before we put all the new polishes away and start experimenting with the new shades, let's have a look at the last ones that I received this year:
Dec 19 - Underwear: A base coat that contains lotus flower to help strengthen and protect the nails and the polish to last longer (not shown in the photos below)
Dec 20 - Ivory Queen: A sheer, shimmery pale pink nude color
Dec 21 - Confetti: A gorgeous sparkly glitter polish to use either as a top coat or to wear on its own for a radiant look
Dec 22 - Christmas Tree: A lovely, fun caviar mix of shiny green, red and silver beads for a festive accent nail, or maybe as a French tip on a silver base. 
Dec 23 - Locket: A beautiful, silver polish, that gives the impression of crushed crystals so the glitter is a bit more rough cut than Confetti
Dec 24 - Serendipity: A stunning old fashioned rose pink glitter polish
From left to right in artificial light:
Ivory Queen
Confetti
Christmas Tree
Locket
Serendipity
From left to right in natural light:
Ivory Queen
Confetti
Christmas Tree
Locket
Serendipity

This year's calendar definitely had a lot of lovely polishes and it was great to have both a base and top coat included too. I love that there was a few effect polishes and caviars in it too, but personally I would have liked e.g. a mini velvet, and also some more variety in the shades, perhaps a vibrant seasonal green or a lovely deep midnight blue. Saying that, don't for a minute think that I'm disappointed - for me there's no better way to start every day than with a brand new nail polish and you can already sign me up for next year's amazing advent calendar!
 

40 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed reading your advent posts. Ciate have had a lovely selection of polish in the advent calendar this year. I like the sparkly ones and locket xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's been a great selection, I just wish there was more variety when it comes to the colors! :o) Xx

      Delete
    2. Really cool!

      Kisses from www.withorwithoutshoes.com

      Today I bring you My last Sporty NEW IN....aweswome classic leather All Star trainers!

      Delete
  2. ooo these are gorgeous colours! I love Christmas tree, so perfect!

    x





    ♥ Ellen


    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM


    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like that one too, but then again I'm a massive fan of the caviar look :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. I love your nail polish posts, Christmas tree is my favourite! I hope you had a great Christmas! x

    http://lornaswishingwell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really nice of you :o). I did thank you, and feel quite relaxed too - I hope you had a wonderful time :o)! Xx

      Delete
  4. Such pretty colours x

    http://loveisrealbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And some lovely glitter polishes too :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I think so too, I think I'll get a lot of wear out of it :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. I agree with you that the inclusion of some velvet would have been nice. I never bought the calendar this year as a few of the shades looked similar, which is a shame. Still it's nice to get a new nail polish everyday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful concept of a polish calendar, and I'm really not complaining about what was in it, but I still hope there's a bit more variety next year :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. Such beautiful shades, Confetti looks so lovely - would love to try them all though :-) Hope you had a lovely Christmas xxx

    www.stylapetite.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confetti is amazing for lots of sparkle over a gold polish. Thank you so much, hope you did too :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. I loooove confetti! Never tried a Ciaté nail polish before, maybe I should buy one... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh absolutely, the formula is super and they have so many lovely shades to choose from. They have a sale on at the moment and you can get yourself some real bargains! Xx

      Delete
  9. i think that they all look super pretty and perfect for the holiday season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :o), I'm real looking forward to wearing Serendipity a bit more :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. That is so cool. I want to do that with my nails.

    Hi_D
    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got the ciate advent calander isnt it fantastic!

    www.stylecastle.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already looking forward to next years :O). Xx

      Delete
  12. Aw these are so pretty and party perfect, love the pinks and metallics. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the glimmer polishes, they're just brilliant for the festive season :o). Thank you ery much, hope you're having a great relaxing time too :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. Great post! Those Ciate bottles are always so much fun! I especially love the confetti one. I may have to sneak that into this month's budget, hah!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, it's so small you'll barely notice and you could almost say that it's a MUST for the party season :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. i've always wanted a ciate calender but they're so expensive! i'm definitely going to get my hands on them one day :) also that pink nail polish is just beautiful
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'll be lovely to wear come Spring time as well :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. There were so many beautiful shades of polish - what a fab way to start off a nail polish collection :D xx

    Gem // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea and it's on sale at the moment so if anyone has missed out, it's a great opportunity to pick one up :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. My friends told me these nail polishes are really lovely.
    That nude color caught my eye!

    E | Beauty/Skincare | Cocoamourr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is really great and I'd definitely recommend Ciaté polishes :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. This makes me want to get this advent calendar next year. Although I am with you there were so many nail polish blogs up this December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me as a polishaholic this is the best advent calendar for sure and it's a great way of trying a new brand too :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. OMG! I NEED that red one. I love advent calendars... Wish we had them here in Brazil... It isn't such a traditional thing. =/
    Have a great day and week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah what a shame, but hopefully you can get the Ciaté polishes - they are brilliant :o). Have a Happy New Year! Xx

      Delete
  19. *______* These are sooo gorgeous. My favorites must be Confetti, Locket and Serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were definitely some lovely glittery shades in the calendar this year :O). Xx

      Delete
  20. Oh my gosh these are all soooo beautiful...I must have them all haha

    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!