Sunday 22 December 2013

Sunshine award

I've had the great honor of being nominated for the Sunshine award by some lovely bloggers; Lucy - The New Northerner, Evi - Evi the Fashionista, Maya - It's a Femme Life, Carly - Sunday's Grace, Jacquelyn - The Little Scottish Corner, Elli - According to Ellie, Yasmin - Be You... and Amy - Face it Amy. The Sunshine award is given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” and I'm very happy and proud that they thought of me.

Since I received a lot of questions I will however do a modified Sunshine award: I'll give 5 facts about myself, give answers to 11 questions which are a mix of all the different questions I've received and I'll ask 11 new questions for 5 lovely bloggers that I nominate. 
What's to know about little ol' me then... :
1. I love to read cook books, recipes and menus. There's something about reading about the flavors, imagining them and almost tasting them in your mind before you eat them.... is that weird? 
2. I play the piano
3.I have been on 2 flights that were both struck by lightning - no wonder I don't like flying!
4. I used to be a jeep safari driver in Greece
5. I absolutely love to dance and am usually the first and the last person on the dance floor, and I particularly love doing latin

My answers to a mix of 11 questions from lovely bloggers:
1. What did you want to be when you grew up? That actually changed a lot as I got older, but the very first thing I wanted to be was a geologist. I've always been fascinated by stones and gems, in other words I was a magpie already as a child and it was probably the bling I was after!

2. In your opinion what is the funniest word to say? Octopus!!!!! I don't know why, but it always makes me smile.

3. What is your favorite Christmas movie? I think everyone in the UK will know this one - The Snowman. If you've never seen it, it's about a boy who makes a snowman and in the night he comes to life and they go off on a wonderful adventure together but in the morning the the boy wakes up again back in his bed the snowman has melted away. It's the most lovely and slightly sad film with haunting music and Christmas just isn't the same without it. I love it so much I've even seen this as a ballet - 3 times...

4. Have you ever walked out on a film? Several times - life is far too short to lose 2.5 hrs on something you really don't like. I don't like films with excessive gore and splatter when it doesn't really add anything to the story so one film that I walked out of was Sin City.

5. If you could live in any era in history, when would it be? The 1920's - I love love LOVE art deco and just look at the amazing flapper dresses and cute little fascinators, what's not to like?

6. If you could interview anyone (I mean serious Piers Morgan style interview) who would it be? Nelson Mandela


7. One place in the world you really want to go? The North pole - the landscape is just astounding and humbling and I think it would be a once in a life time experience.

8. False nails or real nails? Definitely real nails. I would use nail press on's if I had really short nails and just wanted to hide them away while they were growing, but using glue and things like can be really bad for your nails.

9.  Gold or silver? I wear both, and I think it all depends on the outfit and it's fun to contrast rather than match cool shades in an outfit with gold and the other way around.

 10. If you could have one superpower, what superpower would you want to have? Easy!!! I would want to be able to fly so I don't have to worry about getting on an airplane.

 11. What is your most favorite thing to eat? This is so difficult because I love to try different types of food, but I'm actually going to say roasted butternut squash risotto with blue cheese, which is one of Him Indoors' favorite recipes. Not only is it absolutely delicious, but having someone prepare and cook a home-made meal for you is a treat, it's so relaxing and enjoyable. All I need to do now is show Him Indoors where the dish washer is as well...
My 11 questions: 
1. What's your favourite type of food and why?
2. What do you like to do in your spare time?
3. Heels or flats?
4. Which make up brand do you own most product from?
5.If you could be someone else for the day - who would you be?
6. Lush or The Body Shop?
7. Who's had most influence on who you are as a person today?
8. What's your favourite book?
9. If you could only by one single thing next time you go shopping, what would it be?
10. Starbucks or Costa?
11. Where are you going on your next holiday?

.... and I nominate the following bloggers to join in:
Laura from Pink Frenzy
Tamanna from Tiny Small Wonders  
Shubha from Blue Velvet Addict

Have a great day everyone! Xx

18 comments:

  1. I'm up there on the dancefloor with you Charlotte, can't keep me off it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heey dear.:)

    You have a very beautyful blog <3

    Maybe you want to follow my blog via gfc or like it on facebook ?

    likethethewayioit.de

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Likethewayidoit/662081887154514

    Kisses,
    Lara ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg your favorite food kinda sounds amazing. I would totally want to try that out. mmm
    http://casualllyawkward.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o) - there's too much nice food in the world and simply not enough time :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Great knowing about you Charlotte and I am following ur blog via Bloglovin :) Sad that I missed it earlier..
    Thanks again for the tag, that's so sweet of ya :) I want to tell u 'Charlotte' is one of my fav names for girls :)

    P.S My real name is Raina, I had used Tamanna as kinda pen name and then felt of getting rid of it later ...Could you pls mind changing it in our post..that would be very kind of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for this sweet award! :)))

    Kisses,

    Benedetta

    http://www.daddysneatness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice for someone to nominate me - thanks a million! Xx

      Delete
  6. Yay, congrats Charlotte! You have a great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats and thank you for the nomination :) xo's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the nomination!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely award! Love your answers.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog!! Xx


    New post: http://betweenmyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that's very nice of you :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!