Monday 23 December 2013

Manic.Monday: Blue Christmas

As you may know from previous posts I love to experiment with nail polishes and there's no shade or effect that I won't try. Not all of my explorations of the weird and wonderful world of nail polishes are equally successful and there are - believe or not - looks that I just wouldn't EVER try again e.g. the color changing chameleon effects, or the crackle which never worked for me and I'm not sure that it really ever worked for anyone... On the other hand there have been looks that have been love at first sight and which I keep coming back to in different shades, and one of them is the textured look, which I know isn't for everyone but ever since my first Zoya Pixie Dust I'm well and truly hooked. Today's polish is a version of  that formula, but this is from Isadora's Sugar Crush range in the stunning shade Sky Crush - an icy arctic glittering blue that makes me think of frosty mornings.  
 

Judging by the finished look you might think that the consistency of the polish is quite thick and gloopy, however it's got the same fluidity as an ordinary nail polish and it's until it dries that you get the wonderful shimmery sugared look and the formula is easy to work with especially since the brush is nice and wide. Luckily this is a quick drying formula since the key to this look is in using several coats. With one coat you do get a subtle textured finish, but for a distinct crystallized luxurious look you need at least 2 coats, and I'm actually wearing 3 in the photos.

You can wear a top coat with this which would bring out the sparkle even more if you wish, however personally I think some of the gritty effect is ruined by it and it's exactly that roughness and look of unevenness that make it come alive on your nails. The finished look will last for 3-4 days, which is good for a textured polish, and the only down side of using several coats of it is that it's more difficult to repair seamlessly once it starts to chip. On the other hand, unlike most glitter polishes this is fairly easy to remove, especially if you're wearing more than 2 coats, since you can then easily peel off the entire coating without damaging your nails or having to scrub away for ages.

The amazing brilliant blue and the texture creates a very extravagant look and I have received so many compliments for this shade. I love, love, LOVE this look and since my life approach is all about abundance I'll probably end up getting every color of the rainbow in similar formulas so I can be sure to match or contrast any outfit with it...

60 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I think it's lovely for Christmas :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. This colour is so nice! it sounds really great and finally an easy to remove glitter nail polish! x
    http://lornaswishingwell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous nail polish! Great for a party look!

    Jasmine xx
    For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree, it has such a lovely glitter to it :O). Xx

      Delete
  4. oohhh it's so sparkly and festive! beautiful :)


    newest follower on bloglovin :)

    xoxo hobovogue.com . ღ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's so lovely of you! Xx

      Delete
  5. ..so frosty!! love the shade...
    xoxoxo..

    I was on vacation..so missed your previous posts...going through them right now...and loving them.. :)
    love the "baby it's cold outside" fashion post... <3

    need more of them!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah, that's so lovely of you - thank you very much, just made me smile :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, they have other lovely color options as well, but this really stood out for me :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. Generally I use red , but thid colour is just fab!
    Oriana xxx

    www.stylexis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - it's quite a fun look! Xx

      Delete
  8. love this frosty look of this mani :) I agree, the crackles didn't work on anyone..no matter how hard I tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely and the pink shade is also beautiful as a winter mani :O). Xx

      Delete
  9. This looks so lovely! I'd definitely wear this over the Christmas period :) xx
    Elise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shade! I love the sugary effect. I'm not much of a polish wearer, but I know for sure I'm not in love with crackle effect polishes.

    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On me it just looks like I've dropped a bottle of polish all over LOL... Xx

      Delete
  11. I love the shade of this blue! Quite different to anything I've seen before!

    Polway

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow this is soo gorgeous!! it looks like snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, a bit like a snowy frosty day on your finger tips :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous colour!

    Last day GIVEAWAY/ Último día SORTEO!
    http://www.blondieanchors.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is an amazing colour! Love it!

    xo Mel
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Positivity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the effect and the shade makes it stand out even more :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. What a beautiful shade !

    Enora from http://remainreverie.blogspot.fr/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow!!!!!!!!!amazing!!!!Like this blue christmass nail polish.I am new here but I think for more product information I should come here daily.
    will like to visite my website also.there is some shoes collection.
    http://www.newbalanceshoes-australia.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute color!!

    There's a giveaway on my blog, in case you're interested :)
    http://ucouldbemysomeone.blogspot.com/2013/12/rosegal-giveaway.html

    xxx
    - Laura
    http://ucouldbemysomeone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, thanks a million, I'll check it out right away! Xx

      Delete
  18. This is so gorgeous and unique! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it - I LOVE it :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. It's so unusual and the effect is stunning :o). Xx

      Delete
  20. What a beautiful color! I wish it was available in India. Have a great Christmas!
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much June - Merry Christmas to you too :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. I surely love having sparkly on my nails, especially in this holiday season! :) Great manicure!

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this color!! Glitter polishes are my favorite :D

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too - and this is a GORGEOUS one :o). Xx

      Delete
  23. Gorgeous color! I love glittery nails, especially for the holidays.
    xo
    www.plushluxexo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is such ha gorgeous colour! we have had our eye on the Essie one that looks exactly like this! it is perfect for the festive season

    X
    M + K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, if you get it, please let us know what you think of it and if it's long lasting :o). Xx

      Delete
  25. Oh wow! That Polish is amazing... I adoreeeeeee blue nail polishes, and this looks so pretty and unique! xxx

    www.missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gemma, I have such a soft spot for polishes like this and this is truly stunning :o). Xx

      Delete
  26. I love the overall finish of this nail polish! :) and you got lovely nails, btw!

    -Hazel (http://dressmeupbuttercup.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you - thank you very much :o)! Xx

      Delete
  27. Such a pretty color, I love everything blue! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the icy cool look, it reminds me of snow! :o) Xx

      Delete
  28. Replies
    1. I do like it too, and can't wait to pick up some other shades in this wonderful formula :o). Have a Happy New Year :o)! Xx

      Delete
  29. Love this color!


    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!