Tuesday 3 December 2013

The weekend in pictures

When you've got a severe case of Monday blues, there nothing that will cheer you up as looking back at the weekend that was and all the wonderful things that happened. Somehow we managed to get a lot of things done but at the same time it was nice and chilled. We spent a lovely bumbly Saturday in Brighton with our friends visiting the beautiful opulent pavilion as well as the pier, and we indulged in the best Italian food I've had for years (yes, really I'm not exaggerating), coffees, then some more coffees and oops a cheeky little cake too - how on earth did that happen. Brighton is really lovely with some great shopping and it's so much fun strolling along the lanes, having a look around and of course I ended up with a shopping bag from Jigsaw, but I prefer to look at it as a souvenir from Brighton and something that just had to be done.
 
Brighton Pavilion // Brighton // Brighton Pavilion
 Brighton Pavilion // Brighton Pier // Brighton Pier
 Brighton Pier // Souvenirs from Brighton // New makeup storage 
 Brighton Pavilion // 1 Dec // Prickly Pals hedgehog rescue
 Prickly Pals hedgehog rescue // Southampton Common //First of advent

On the Sunday I spent some time organising all my make up using the new acrylic boxes I got on eBay for my dressing table. I'm not OCD in any way but I do like things to be organised and tidied away properly and there's something very satisfying about having everything in exactly the right place. Hmm, I might need to take back that not being OCD bit... We also did what I like to do the most - NO, not shopping - it's spending time with animals and we visited the Prickly Pals hedgehog rescue center. You probably know that hedgehogs hybernate, but when they are too young and not fat enough they are vulnerable, but luckily there are some very kind people who take hedgehogs into their homes and look after them over winter to make sure that they survive and one of the ladies we met had 35 of them! Wow, no wonder they need food donations and our cat graciously agreed to share some of her food with the hedgehogs - good girl! Since it was first of advent, we celebrated with lighting the first of the candles and having some glögg and gingerbread in true Scandinavian style, overall what a nice start to December. 

I hope you also had a great weekend and even though the week ahead might seem long, the eternal optimist in me prefers to think that it's only 3 days left to the next.

38 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture!!! Great blog

    Would you like to follow each other?

    Ayesha
    Defining Me
    Blogslovin
    Google+

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going over to Brighton, I feel like taking a trip over today (I will see what the weather does first!) Where did you get your Italian?
    I need some new make up storage, I didn't think about looking at ebay, thanks!

    Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry but I have no idea, I was too busy looking around to pay attention to the name, but it was just a few mins away from the Pavillion on the left hand side as you're walking down towards the sea front. I've looked on google and it could have been Al Duomo. If they've got strange silvery Christmas pompom like things dangling from the ceiling - you're in the right place :O). xx

      Delete
  3. Great pictures! Looks like a great weekend!
    www.lcnoir.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's always lovely to go somewhere new :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous images so nice for you to share thanks and glad you had a marvelous weekend.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It was, only - too short as usual :O). Xx

      Delete
  6. The pictures looks like a real great weekend. I´m glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that hedgehog?! Great weekend in pictures post x

    www.steffysworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe that nice lady had 35 of them - just imagine... Thanks a million, that's really lovely of you! Xx

      Delete
  8. Okay again ;-)

    Very nice pics.

    Like that cute hedgehog :-D

    Many thx for your comment my dear.

    Greets,
    Silvi♥fashion-beauty-zone♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. great photos :)

    Kisses
    www.magdalennes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures!! We had a great weekend, traveling for Thanksgiving! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million - I hope you had a super Holiday with friends and family! Xx

      Delete
  11. ohh the hedgehog is so cute! love the pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your lovely weekend with us! The pictures are so beautiful! xoxo Lauren
    http://www.willsingformakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had such a lovely weekend and what gorgeous pictures! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous pictures! Brighton looks so nice-- especially the photo with the pier! And I'm so jealous of your new makeup storage, I'm in need of some! Glad you had a good weekend :)

    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - it was a really lovely relaxing time and I would definitely go back :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. It was the first time I visited but absolutely loved it too :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. I love hedgehogs! I had one when I was younger and they're such great companions! Thanks so much for sharing- knowing that that lovely woman took 35 of them really made my day. :)

    www.thecosmeticeffect.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really lovely of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. Brighton is beautiful isn't it! I just miss the beach-y smell! Definitely loads of fun!

    Madeline - Wonderland In A Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so pretty with all the Christmas lights :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend...Brighton is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely and relaxing for sure :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. Very cute piscs! Glad you had nice time ;)

    www.thesecretstop.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's so nice of you! Xx

      Delete
  20. Thanks a million, follow you now. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!