Saturday 7 December 2013

The Winter TAG

As it's definitely winter time, I'm doing a version of a TAG today that I wanted to wait and do until December and I had hoped that there would actually be some snow when I did but, never mind - wishful thinking! I was tagged by the lovely Emma from The Jolly Fashionista and Gail from Fabulousso 40s to do the Winter TAG and share with you some of my favourite things about this lovely season.
 What are your favourite things about Winter?
So much, I don't even know where to begin. All the beautiful Christmas lights and decorations (and dear neighbors - NO, a giant plastic Santa on the roof doesn't count), which make everything look nice and cozy. I love the freezing cold, clear frosty evenings - perfect for star gazing with a cup of hot chocolate, but I also like dressing up in the most sequin heavy little number I've got in my wardrobe to go out, or snuggling up with Him Indoors and the cat at the end of each day. 

What is your favourite Winter outfit?
This is an easy one for me since it's more or less my Winter uniform. My beloved leather leggings that I have missed sooo much over summer, a fluffy or textured jumper, a chunky sparkly statement necklace, faux fur coat, shoe boots with killer heels and one of my cute handbags.

What is your favourite Winter food?
Christmas food - yum, yum.

Favourite Winter drink?
It's a close call between gingerbread latte (skinny and decaf of course, so you could ask yourself, what the point is really... ) or hot peppermint chocolate with lashings of whipped cream - oh how naughty...

What is your dream way to spend a Winter's day?
A long walk in completely snow covered forests and fields with my loved ones, and then coming home, lighting all the candles and fireplace and and have some Glögg  (Swedish red wine based hot drink with orange, cinnamon, cloves, brandy, almonds and raisins) in front of the TV!

How do you like to do your make-up in the Winter?
  Well, if you read my post on What's in my autumn makeup bag, you'll know that previous years I haven't really changed my makeup that much with the seasons, but this year I've really tried to introduce some new colors. So I'm embracing my pale skin (yep all the tan from Summer is gone - boo...) and have added some dark red, raspberry and purple shades to emphasize my blue eyes and I've also opted for some darker plum lip chubbys.

What are you hoping Santa brings you?
I could say a Chanel bag, because it is The Bag to have - but to be completely honest it doesn't really matter what it is, as long as it's been picked with a lot of thought behind it and love.

What are the first three things that remind you of Winter?
1. The first frost on a seriously cold evening that glistens like diamonds on the ground
2. The early dark evenings
3. Supermarkets displaying Christmas things already before Halloween - seriously, what's that all about?! Let's celebrate one thing at a time!

What is your favourite Winter song?
As strange as it may sound since I'm a die hard Christmas fan, but I really REALLY don't like most of what's played on the radio during Christmas or Winter, but saying that I do like a crooner like Michael Bublé or Bing Crosby doing a classic piece or for that matter Jeminy Cricket singing When you wish upon a star. That's when Christmas starts for me.

What is your favourite Winter memory?
My obvious choice would be all the Christmases I've spent with loved ones, but I also have very vivid memories of making snow lanterns in the garden, putting little tea lights in them, and how beautiful it looked after dark. 

What is your favourite Winter scent?
I love warm spicy but fresh scents as a contrast to the cold outside so it would need to be Apple & Cinnamon or Ginger, raisins & nuts.

Finish this sentence... If I could have one wish this Christmas it would be... 
I know this is very much on a serious note, but I wish we all take a moment to think about people and animals less fortunate than we are and give something back, either via a charity, non profit organisation or through volunteering time for others.    


Anyone who feels inspired is of course welcome to do this TAG, but I also specifically TAG the following beauties:
Gemma from Duggy Dimples
Jodie from Life of Jodie
Amber from Amber Types

Have a wonderful winter day everyone! Xx

40 comments:

  1. There is something so refreshing about a crisp winter walk. I used to do a paperround, which was three miles round and people used to say it must be so hard in the winter, but I actually loved it once the initial chill had past. There's something I love about frost, seeing all the spiders webs and blades of grass covered in it. Thanks so much for tagging me. It means a lot :-) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like great exercise, but it can't have been much fun when it was raining... :o). I feel the same, the frost is just so pretty in the early morning. Have a super day! Xx

      Delete
    2. It wasn't much fun, no. And have a great weekend love. I'm going to get my Christmas tree today so feeling super festive :-) Xx

      Delete
    3. Me too - I'm so excited but first I'm picking up some more decorations.... as if I didn't have enough already LOL! Xx

      Delete
  2. Lol at the neighbors Santa, I can't stand those type of things.
    I really want to try the Glögg sounds like my kind of winter drink
    Great answers, thanks for taking part. I am totally with you on the charity side xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much again for tagging me - I'm seriously considering sneaking over one night with a very sharp tool... :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. I love mulled wine too (I guess Glögg is your version right?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's very similar, just tastes a bit different :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Love this :) I also have a skinny decaf gingerbread latte and always get looks of disgust but I don't care, it wouldn't be Christmas without one :D x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally with you - they just don't know what they're missing :O). Xx

      Delete
  5. Ah I love this! Thank you for tagging me :) will do it in the next couple of days! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, I'm so looking forward to your replies :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Gingerbread latte sounds so good, never tried it.. enjoyed reading your answers :)

    http://daisychainprincess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting a Chanel bag from Santa will be awesome.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love the winter wardrobe.. cosey clothes are the best :) x

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best - I mean I love summer, but winter outfits are just so stylish! Xx

      Delete
  9. Great post! I love peppermint hot chocolate too

    The Koalafornian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anna - it's difficult to resist and I might accidentally have had one today... ;o). Xx

      Delete
  10. Really enjoyed reading this, Charlotte; I can tell you are a big fan of Winter! :) x
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Emma, thank you so much, that's really nice of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Great tag! I've also been loving peppermint drinks... so festive! :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Particularly with heaps of cream on top :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. Winter is the best season! I love peppermint too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a perfect combination with chocolate :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. What a fun post! I love a bit of Buble too :)
    Love Vicky
    http://aroundandaroundandupsidedown.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me his X-mas music is almost a modern classic :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. nice post. But I seriously hate winter times!!! I cant stand the cold but I do love winter clothesand the holidays though.
    MyStyleDiaryBLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much LOL, I completely understand that, Him Indoors is the same :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. A Chanel bag would be the ultimate Xmas pressie for me! ;) I looove Michael Buble's Xmas album. <3

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great TAG, I love the lights during winter!

    lovefrombethan.blogspot.co.uk

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your answers, amazing tag, Will add it to my list of tags to complete :)

    www.misschanelli.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you - thank you and I look forward to reading that :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. Great tag! I love Winter too, especially fluffy jumpers and leather leggings :) X

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so practical and easy to wear :o)! Xx

      Delete
  19. such a lovely post, you have a really nice blog!
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. argh I really want to do this tag now, and love everything Buble in the winter

    www.theworkette.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really puts me in the festive mood :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!