Sunday 2 March 2014

Rush Salon Southampton - Happy 4th Birthday!

I love birthday parties - don't you? and last Friday I had the pleasure of attending one at Rush Salon in Southampton, celebrating its 4th birthday! Rush Hair & Beauty is a premier award winning hair and beauty salon group that was founded 20 years ago, and the group currently has more than 60 salons in the South of England and London, and there are plans to open even more salons in 2014. You know the saying that it's all about location, location, location and Rush in Southampton couldn't have a better one - located right on Above Bar Street, outside West Quay shopping centre you could plan a whole day of pampering starting with a spot of shopping, some lunch and finishing off by getting your hair done. The style of the salon is contemporary and minimalist sleek with friendly, welcoming and attentive staff that offer you something to drink straight away, and since it was a birthday party I was spoiled rotten with some mini cupcakes and a cheeky glass of champagne.
 
Rush offers a great range of services (Brazilian blowdry, hair extensions and much more) but I was in for everyones' favorite - a proper blowdry*, the ones we beauty junkies can only dream of replicating at home using our Remington Big Hair. My stylist really took the time to understand what I was after, how I like to wear my hair, what type of hair I have and which products I would and perhaps even more importantly should use. I learned a few new things in our discussion and will now probably change my hair routine up a little - it's a great personal touch and customer attention that I really appreciated. After that it was time to wash and treat my hair, and my favorite bit: the head massage... In Southampton the wash and treatments are done in a side room that has a lovely and quiet relaxing spa feel about it, I could have sat there for ages! Since we always want what we don't have I love big bouncy waves and curls and that's exactly the look I was going for with the blow dry and I was not disappointed - the finished look had lots of wave, volume and movement and I was over the moon with the results.
I often find that when you've spent a lot of time curling or waving your hair they fall out pretty quickly but I learned some new techniques to make them last longer and I'm also going to invest in some volume powder, to at least try and achieve something similar at home. Overall it was a wonderful, relaxing and pampering visit and I was so happy with the finished look - thank you Rush! If you're in the Southampton area you should definitely stop by and treat yourself, and if you're not - check out the Rush home page to find a salon near you for some lovely relaxing quality time with your hair, and did I mention that they are open 7 days a week...?

26 comments:

  1. Your hair looks so nice! Also I love the way the salon is set out x

    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you - thank you! :o) Xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, your hair just looks amazing

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hair! Xx

    New post: http://betweenmyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you - thank you!! :o) Xx

      Delete
  4. Your hair looks bloody amazing! The best way to celebrate a birthday is obviously with a curly blow, haha xx Rebecca - UK fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right - couldn't agree more :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. They have done a lovely job hair looks amazing! x

    www.mybeautysleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy with the soft finished look, love it :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Your hair is lovely - you are really quit beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the waves...gorgeous!

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you - I am happy with it, now let's see if I can create something similar at home :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. This outfit is awesome dear!!
    Kisses
    Would you like to join my Giveaway??
    My best Friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much - follow you now :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds wonderful! I feel so jealous you got to attend this! I just found your blog and I think it's lovely! Would you like to follow each other!
    -Fleur
    blog.pourlefemmes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really lovely of you - follow you now :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Your hair is beautiful Charlotte! Look lovely m'dear!

    Rachael x
    All The Little Things x | Rachael McClenaghan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you're an angel Rachael - thank you so much :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. Your hair is simply AMAZING! Gorgeous, lady!'

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you - thank you :o)! Xx

      Delete
  13. How funny, I used to live in Southampton on an exchange program and actually visited this hairdresser ^^ loved it!
    xx Anine

    redlipsandbeautybits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anine - small world isn't it :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Love your hair. It looks amazing as do you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you SO much, that's relaly sweet of you - made my day :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. Thanks for this post, I have been looking for a good place in Southampton to get my hair done. Think I may try Rush next time, who did your hair? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!