Wednesday 26 March 2014

Torup

Every time I go to visit my family in Sweden there is so much I have to fit into a very short amount of time with lots of things to do and places to see and if you can combine that with a nice cup of coffee and a cake, then even better. When I was over last week for my dad's birthday we thought we would brave the bleak weather and go for a walk and a coffee at Torup, which is a medieval castle in the South of Sweden nearby to where my family lives, surrounded on three sides by a lake and it has a big beautiful park with old historical and traditional buildings and roaming deer. It's a lovely place to visit especially in the summer and I wanted to show you some photos that I took on the day.
As you can tell from the pictures Spring is nowhere near as far come in my home county of Scania in Sweden as it is in the UK, but what's worse is that it was about 10 Celsius colder than what I'm used to in the UK, so I can tell you that it was a very quick walk followed by a nice looooong stop for hot chocolate. I really hope you enjoyed the photos and tomorrow I have some favourites in store for you. Have a wonderful day! Xx

21 comments:

  1. I'm going to my cousin's wedding in Sweden in May! I can't wait! :D
    www.amiciarai.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeay - I hope you have an amazing time :o)! Xx

      Delete
  2. Oh I'd love to visit there! It looks really well taken care of! xo Kelly http://msdioraddict.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful castle and park, and I love watching the deer :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. So beautiful! I'd love to visit Sweden one day! :) xx

    FeelBella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, ah you should - there is so much to see :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you very much, it's a beautiful place to visit :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. Wow...such stunning pics...beautiful place dear...you have a lovely blog...it would be great if we can follow each other...do let me know about it honey...its good to stay connected...:-)
    www.beautyandfashionfreaks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million - I already follow you :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Everything looks amazing - would love to visit there! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame it wasn't more Spring like there, but it's beautiful in the summer with everything in bloom :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. Sweden looks like such a beautiful place!
    Looking forward to your favourites post.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore everything to do with Scandinavia! I can't wait to start travelling and I visit Sweden. Such a gorgeous place. :) x
    http://lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know where you're going to and I'll see if I can give you some tips :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. Oh wow, it looks so beautiful there Charlotte. I would really love to visit Sweden one day. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's a great place to go visit either for skiing in the winter, or to enjoy the beautiful summer :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!