Monday 10 March 2014

Manic.Monday: Wednesday by Zoya

It's time to share with you what my BNFF (Best Nail Friend Forever), Zoya and I have been up to lately. If you've read my blog before you'll know that Zoya and I are the best of nail buddies, nothing can come between us. I do spend time with some of my other polish pals as well -  e.g. Sally and Barry, but Zoya and I make sure to catch up regularly. This Manic Monday we're going to confuse matters slightly (something which is fairly easy to do on a Monday morning), and talk about Wednesday. I'm not referring to the day of the week, but a gorgeous creamy and warm muted eton blue color from Zoya, which is like a mix of blue and green, but a lot softer than teal. It's a beautiful sunny and opaque color that would suit most skin tones, but I don't love it just for the color - let's talk about all the other great qualities of this polish. 
I have raved about Zoya before, and I apologise for what's going to happen - some more raving... Let's start with the fabulous flat and wide brush that makes application a dream, even for those of us with little patience or time on our hands. The brush fans out over the nail at the gentlest press so you rarely need more than 1.5 brush strokes per nail to get a perfectly even non streaky coverage. Regardless of which out of the more than 300 different shades you decide to wear, the pigmentation is great and with a lot of the colors you can get away with wearing only one coat, although yours truly usually applies two coats to really enhance the creamy glossiness of the formula, which by the way is light and with just the right density. I've tried a variety of shades from Zoya and even the lighter pastel and sheer shades have a lovely subtle shine to them, which means that you could even go without topcoat if you wish. The polishes dry quickly and are long lasting - on me the finish will last about 4-5 days of normal wear and tear before the chipping is noticeable, and to me that's a pretty good long wear. Let's finish this repeat rave of Zoya's excellent qualities by saying that the polishes are very easy to remove; even the Pixi dusts come off quite easily since the coats are so thick that you can easily peel them straight off the nail without doing any damage at all to the nail surface.
The magpie in me was longing for some sparkle, so I added a coat of Ciaté's Locket (£9) which is a gorgeous sleek silver metallic glitter polish, that gives an amazing brilliance and lustre. For me it's enough with just an accent nail of Locket, but you can of course also use Locket on its own, applying at least two coats, and you'll get a lovely rich and opulent crystal effect, especially if you finish with a high shine topcoat. If you do decide to go all out with a couple of coats of Locket on its own, you should know that it is a little bit tricky to get off, like a lot of other glitter polishes.

Wednesday was part of the Zoya Beach collection from 2012, and for me it captures perfectly the look and feel of warm and loungy summer days and I imagine the color would look amazing with a tan. If you want to bring summer forward a few months, get yourself this fantastic polish from LoveLula (they offer free delivery worldwide) and I'm sure you'll start to love Zoya as much as I do. Which is your favorite nail polish brand?

49 comments:

  1. This Zoya polish is gorgeous and they always have such a great formula! This really makes me miss summer! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I agree the formula is definitely one of the best you can get :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. It looks a dream to apply. This shade truly reminds me of summer and since it's just round the corner, I guess there's no better time to make the most of this sunny shade. I'm yet to try the brand xx

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great brand and with some amazing colors :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks a million, it's a great summery color :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. I have never tried a Zoya nail varnish before but really want to! Such a lovely colour :)

    Joey xx
    www.asecretshopaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely and with more than 300 to choose from, there's something for everyone :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. Blue leads me on vacation! I think I'll try and blue!

    http://fotofashionfeelings.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really like the blue nails!
    Visit my blog: Tu Nuevo Look
    Follow me Facebook Tunuevolook

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha BNFF - I like it! Such a yummy, bright shade. :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o) - it's really beautiful and I'm so excited to get a new batch of Zoya colors soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. I love this color!

    SORTEO: GAFAS STELLA MCCARTNEY
    http://blondieanchors.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous shade and so perfect for Spring!! :-) xxx

    www.stylapetite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you - it's s lovely warm shade :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. I haven't tried Zoya yet but this shade looks adorable. Perfect for the spring and it's quite long-lasting too :D

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be perfect for warmer sunnier days :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Lovely color!!

    xx
    Nathalie
    www.nathalie-kemna.nl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Absolutely, and I think it would work with any skin tone - can't wait to try it with a tan :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. Love the glitter on top big sparkles but not cheesy looking!

    
Emma | With A City Dream


    ReplyDelete
  14. This shade is stunning! Love the accent nail too.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful nails! I've never tried Zoya or Ciate but have heard a lot about how great the nail varnishes are. This is a great looks for spring/ summertime, great post! x

    Samantha // www.mascaraandcakes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. great nail design!
    love the color!!!

    <3
    www.gluehwurmi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this shade, it is so pretty! The ciate coat makes it so glam, amazing!

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Motivation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wanted to add a little sparkle that wasn't too overpowering :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. This colour is beautiful, I need to try out some zoya products x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh absolutely, for me it's definitely one of the best nail polish brands available :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. It's so creamy and wonderfully opaque - a keeper :o). Xx

      Delete
  20. Loving that color!! Great idea to do glitter as an accent nail!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's enough for a lovely color like Wednesday and I didn't want the glitter to outshine it :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. I love this color on you! And the glitter is the perfect accent!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you, thank you :o)! Xx

      Delete
  22. Gorgeous nails!

    Hollie
    holliefurniss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah, thank you - I'm glad you like it :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty! I love it with the glitter :)

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, I thought it was a fun to have a little sparkle that day :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!