Thursday 5 June 2014

Out and about: Hinton Ampner in Hampshire

I'm a creature of habit and must confess that I have certain routines that I follow, especially at weekends when you've got all the time in the world: long morning workout, Starbucks, a bit of shopping etc. But as much as I like that routine, I'm always up for a day trip out somewhere - it's something different, you'll discover new places and things to do, a great opportunity to do some photography and it's almost like having a mini holiday. It doesn't even have to be great weather but of course it's a welcome bonus when it is, and when we went to Hinton Ampner a few weeks ago, the sun was out and it was a beautiful early summer day - so out with the sandals and show off those colorful, gem covered toe nails. Hinton Ampner is a beautiful manor in the rolling Hampshire countryside with lush colorful and romantic gardens, like something straight out of a Jane Austen novel. You can have a look inside the elegant and tasteful house, picture yourself snuggled up in front one of the gorgeous fireplaces or have a wander through the park or gardens before either heading for the tea room (yep, that's me) or enjoy a picnic looking out over the country side and then finish off with buying some locally made delicacies - cider, wine, jams, relishes and biscuits, everything you need for an evening snack. Needless to say Happy Snapper in me came out and took some photos that I'm showing today and I really hope you like them!
It's a lovely place that I highly recommend for a relaxing few hours out and about, and if like me you enjoy discovering places like this, you might want to invest in a National Trust Membership which gives you "free" (not counting the membership fee) access to more than 500 gorgeous mansion, parks and gardens in the UK, of which a lot of them have been used as filming locations and there are usually lots of interesting activities going on too.

37 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous photos - would love to visit :-) xxx

    www.stylapetite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that's so lovely of you - it's a great little place for a relaxed day out :o) Xx

      Delete
  2. So beautiful!
    It reminds me of the secret garden!
    I love to stroll through huge estate gardens its so peaceful!
    xo Holly xo

    HollyDolly. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, and you can always find a nice little spot for a picnic :o) Xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous one...would like to follow each other..i would definitely follow you back..do let me know
    http://www.leavepillow.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, follow you now :O) Xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you, thank you VERY much :o) Xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it really means a lot :o) Xx

      Delete
  6. WOW beyond beautiful--the flowers are breathtaking :)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing quite like nature's own color palette :o) Xx

      Delete
  7. really nice!

    SORTEO: BOLSO JET SET MICHAEL KORS. PARTICIPA YA!!
    http://blondieanchors.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am definitely like you I love visiting and exploring new places. The gardens at Hinton Apmner are so beautiful :) www.emmasbeginning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so much fun to do something different every now and then :o) Xx

      Delete
  9. what a beautiful place!!! the flowers/landscape is breath taking! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great place, well worth a visit :o) Xx

      Delete
  10. Such gorgeous pictures Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks absolutely gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's small enough that you can discover all of it in a few hrs and the shop has got lots of yummy things :O) Xx

      Delete
  12. We have recently joined the National Trust and Hinton Ampner was the first place we visited a few weeks ago. Sadly the house wasn't open due to damage from the February storms but hopefully it will be open this month. Great photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sharon, I know - it's a shame, and fingers crossed they open it up again soon because the rooms are gorgeous :o) Xx

      Delete
  13. If only...
    I would love to explore Hinton Ampner as you've done. It looks wondrous and alive.
    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, perhaps one for the list of places to visit :o) Xx

      Delete
  14. I love getting out in the fresh air and visiting normally NT properties. These look like wonderful gardens the red tulips especially Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE NT - it's a great concept and definitely well worth investing in :o) Xx

      Delete
  15. These photos are so beautiful! Too bad this is so far from Connecticut, U.S. - otherwise I would definitely be paying a visit. Love your blog!

    xx,
    Corinne

    www.necessarynothings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Corinne, thank you so much for your lovely comment, that's really nice of you :o)! Xx

      Delete
  16. What gorgeous pictures!

    Pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful post, some great imagery! Never really thought to go but this has definitely swayed me! Loving your blog!

    Peacock Fashion xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Saffron, thank you so much for visiting and for your lovely comment - it put a smile on my face :o) Xx

      Delete
  18. Gorgeous photos! Again, not too far from here so I'll add it to the list of places to visit. :) xxx
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :o) Xx

      Delete
  19. Nice photos ! It's a great post !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!