Wednesday 4 June 2014

My 300th post - FOTD

A while back I asked you my wonderful readers what type of posts you would like to see more of and one of the lovely suggestions that I got back was to do more Face Of The Day (FOTD) posts or makeup looks in general. As this is my 300th post today I took a little trip down memory lane looking at all the posts I've done previously, as a reminder of where I started and what I've done since then, and I was genuinely surprised that I haven't done more FOTD posts - after all I wear makeup almost every single day, I change the products that I use constantly so it's unlikely that two looks will ever be exactly the same, so I'm going to make a conscious effort to do more of these types of posts.

The look I'm showing you today has been a bit of a go to look ever since I did my Clinique haul, that I talked about in Clicking with Clinique since I used this to try out a few of the products I had bought. I've also worn it quite a lot since I haven't really been in the mood for wearing complicated, heavy or dramatic statement makeup and this look gives a natural glow and emphasizes my features without being too imposing which you can create in less than 5 minutes. For my foundation I've used the Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream Colour Corrector (£28) in the shade Medium, which is perfect for a light to medium coverage, for an even skin tone adding a hint of colour and a lovely subtle radiance. For me it's important to get the foundation right, especially when you're aiming for a light and natural look, so I applied the CC Cream using my MOXI O1 Foundation Brush (£13.50) which is brilliant for creating a streak-free, flawless finish.
Since the CC Cream is very long lasting and wears well throughout the day it's been great for these amazing warm days we've had, and I've been 100% confident that my foundation has stayed in place. Because of the colour correcting properties I haven't had to bother with concealer, which has been a very welcome time saver so I've just moved quickly on to do my eyes using another one of the products I bought, Clinique's Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes (£17). When I first tried chubby sticks for eyes last year I never in a million years thought I would come to like them as much as I have - they are so practical, quick and easy to use and the soft texture is pleasant to wear as well as long lasting. The latest shade I picked up is Whopping Willow, a delicate, golden sage green and which might look a bit unusual but on the eyelid it settles beautifully creating a very natural look with a tiny bit of depth.

To frame my eyes, I've used my trusted Rimmel Professional Eye Brow Pencil (£2.99) in Hazel for a bit of definition and color since otherwise I'll look as mysterious as the Mona Lisa, although on her no eyebrows is a stroke of genius and on me it's just plain wrong. This fuss free eye brow pencil has a soft and formula with just the right amount wax which makes it easy to apply exactly the amount of color you want with a minimum of effort without compromising the long wear. For my lashes I opted for Maybelline Colossal Volume Express (£7.99) in Black, since I never want to compromise on lash length or volume, regardless of which makeup look I'm going for. This was the first time that I tried this mascara, so I'll save my comments on it for a separate review that I'll be doing in a few weeks time so if you're curious about it, don't forget to keep your eyes peeled for that review.

For a look with subtle glow and color, you can't skip the bronzer and although there are loads of brilliant bronzers on the high street, I keep coming back to the amazing MUA Bronzer (£1) in shade 1, which I have mentioned a few times previously. The powder is light and fine with good pigmentation and you only need a quick dab with your bronzer brush in the pan - I use the Real Techniques Retractable Bronzer Brush (£13.99), to pick up enough product to cover all the area that the sun would naturally reach - temples, forehead, chin and tip of the nose. I also use the MUA Bronzer for some sculpting and during the summer, I'll often choose to skip the blusher and just use this shade on the apples of my cheek too. I really like shade 1 - it's a golden light bronze that adds lots of warmth to the face without that orange tone that you often see.
Last but not least and perhaps the most difficult decision - what to wear on the lips? Since I wanted something soft and girly, but with enough color to bring it all together and keep it from being too pale I decided on my Tanya Burr Lipgloss (£6.99) in Afternoon Tea. This is a lovely non sticky (yes they do exist) moisturising candy smelling formula, packed with pigmentation that creates a glossy slick finish that lasts for hrs and hrs. Out of all of the lovely 12 colors in the Tanya Burr Lipgloss range, the creamy coral pink Afternoon Tea is definitely my favorite, and if you haven't already tried these lipglosses, you're missing out on a amazing product so why not treat yourself this weekend to one of the fabulous shades. So that's it - all done, a nice and casual summery look, and if you check out my Instagram, you'll also see the outfit I was wearing this particular day. Even though this is the face of the day, I have a feeling this quick and easy natural glowing look might also be the face of this summer for me. What makeup do you use for your favorite natural look at the moment?

38 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!
    So exciting reaching 300 posts time flies when you're blogging!
    xo Holly xo

    HollyDolly. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true and thank you so much for the lovely comment :o) Xx

      Delete
  2. your eyes look beautiful Charlotte..lovely FOTD..
    Congratulations on you 300th...even I can't believe it!!..Cheers to that!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much - I know it's gone so quickly, and next month it's been a year since I started :o)! xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely, natural look! xx
    http://mummysbeautycorner.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you VERYmuch, Whopping Willow is such a gorgeous color :o) Xx

      Delete
  4. Love the nudes!
    http://qstomizate.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats so much on your 300th post Charlotte. I love this beautiful summery look. I love a light look for summer. A tinited moisturizer, blush (pink or orange) and a creamy eyeshadow and a tinited lip gloss :D

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time flies when you're having fun!! Sounds lovely, I'm trying an orange lipstick at the moment and that too looks best with little else :o) Xx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous natural look! I need to get my hands on a few of those Clinique Chubby Sticks--everyone seems to really love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really lovely to work with and last long too :o) Xx

      Delete
  7. I really want to get my hands on a Tanya Burr lipgloss!
    http://xprincessjas.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so impressed with the formula and the long wear, well worth trying :o) Xx

      Delete
  8. you look stunning as always!!
    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o) - that's such a sweet thing to say, thank you very much :o) Xx

      Delete
  9. U look amazing..i want to try clinique chubby sticks...
    http://www.leavepillow.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many beautiful colors, I'm sure you'll find some you really like :o)! Thank you so SO much :o) Xx

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous, love some of your picks! The Tanya Burr lip glosses are my favourites at the moment…non-sticky lip glosses ftw!

    www.walking-in-heels.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes - they are so lovely to wear and the pigmentation is fab!! :o) Xx

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much, I'm glad you like it :o) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so pretty! Lovely beauty items you wrote about, I'm going to check out the cc cream :)
    x Sandra

    www.morestylethanfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you - that's so lovely of you :o) Xx

      Delete
  13. Congrats on the 300th post, thats pretty amazing! And how stunning do you look?! Makes me want to purchase every single item!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gone so quickly too :o) and thank you so much for that lovely comment! :o) Xx

      Delete
  14. very pretty !! great make up :)
    congrats on the 300 posts hun x
    Melissa xo | The Inked Blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million and here's to another 300!!! :o) Xx

      Delete
  15. You look beautiful...I love this natural look! Congrats on your 300th post!

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I've really been loving quick and easy looks this year, and chubbys are the way to go :o) Xx

      Delete
  16. Congrats on 300 posts!! That is so exciting!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :o)! Almost a whole year has gone by now - it's gone so quickly :o) Xx

      Delete
  17. Hello Diana, thank yo very much for visiting and for the lovely comment, it really means a lot. Hope you'll come back here soon again :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on 300 posts! Here's to 300 more!hah
    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kate! Absolutely, it'll be here before I know it :o) Xx

      Delete
  19. looking pretty and congragulations on 300th post
    http://itskrisworld.blogspot.in/2014/06/loreal-paris-superliner-gelmatic.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's so lovely of you :o) Xx

      Delete
  20. Well done on your 300th post doing a little celebration dance this end. Looking to reading another 300 Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!