Monday 5 January 2015

Manic.Monday: Ravishing Boudoir red

So what happened to the blog during the last half of the year? Well in short - life! It was a year of massive change for me and I was as disappointed as anyone that I simply wasn't able to include the blog with everything else I had to juggle, and putting the blog on hold certainly wasn't an easy decision but unfortunately a necessary one. We're only a few days into a new year and although I won't be able to post daily, there will be a weekly post every Monday as of now, and I hope that you who have always supported me and been so encouraging will understand and continue to visit and enjoy the weekly articles this year.

In my book the Christmas period ends on January 6, which strictly speaking means that we've only got one more day of festive joy, silly jumpers and hopefully no more left-over food from the Christmas table.... SO DONE with left-overs! Saying that, I'm not yet quite over the traditional red Christmas nail. As most of you may know I am fairly daring when it comes to nails and am willing to give most looks a try, and I have been surprised at how much I have enjoyed sporting a classic style this winter and there's something about this beautiful and intense pure red that just makes me coming back for more.
This little sassy number is Ciaté's Boudoir (£9, but on sale at the moment for an incredible £4.50!), a glorious, sophisticated red and since it doesn't have overtly strong blue undertones it's likely to suit most skintones.

You can always trust Ciaté formulas; they're just the right consistency, easy to work with and dry quickly. Admittedly the pigmentation varies, and the lighter or sheerer colors will not be as opaque as the others, and they will therefor require more coats. This stunning red does have a sheer element to it, so I would definitely recommend at least 2 coats and a top coat to get as much wear out of it as possible. The longevity of this Ciaté polish is about 4-5 days, which is above average I think, but in all honesty, even if it only lasted 2 days, I would still buy and LOVE to wear this color. To me this is a timeless and beautiful red, and if like me you think that the masters of red like Tom Ford and Manolo Blahnik charge a bit too much for a finger nail of sexy glamour (£23-£32) this is a brilliant alternative. 

14 comments:

  1. You can't beat red nail polish for the festive season! Welcome back to the blogging world and happy New Year hun! x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you back :) That colour is simply stunning! Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year!

    Rachael x | N o v e m b e r S t o r m s |

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! I got the advent calender and Im so excited to use them!

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shade so pretty, welcome back :) x
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color!!
    www.antymarka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy that you're blogging again! :)
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see you back blogging, Charlotte! :) Lovely nail colour. xxx
    www.justemma.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful red! I've never tried any of the Ciate polishes but this post makes me want to try some!

    Daisy || Amaryllis Living
    www.amaryllisliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to see you back blogging lovely!!

    This is a gorgeous colour and looks so pretty on!

    Anoushka xx www.Anoushkaloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Red glittery nail polish was on my nails for the whole of the festive season, it's such a classic colour! This Ciate one looks gorgeous. My favourite red is about to run out so I'll need to add this to my shopping list.

    Raise The Waves

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a creamy shade of red; it really complements your skin tone!
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great shade on you love the Ciate polishes really good quality x

    www.MyBeautySleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such nice nails, this is a great colour too!
    Happy you are back blogging :)

    Ellie | www.accordingtoellie.co.uk
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!