Monday 19 January 2015

Roberto Cavalli Exotica

As many of you may know I am a dedicated follower of fashion and have a soft spot especially for Italian designers, so when Roberto Cavalli launched the Roberto Cavalli EdP (£29.99) in 2012 I was ALL over it. I quickly became a fan of the warm, feminine, oriental scent and since then I have also kept a close eye on every new version of  it. The latest summer edition dates to back to 2014, and it's Roberto Cavalli's Exotica EdT (£39.99) in a deliciously pink bottle with a little detail of Cavalli's trademark animal print, that hides a wonderful tropical scent concoction.

I must admit that I find it a challenge to characterize this scent; it's not simply fruity or sweet or woody, it's all those things at the same time - talk about being multi faceted. The first spritz makes you think of golden, juicy exotic fruits, but it's far from a light and fleeting scent, instead the fruitiness is quite concentrated. The fragrance develops quickly and it soon reveals it's flowery sweet side with intense notes of frangipani flowers that vaguely remind me of roses. Despite the very pronounced floral notes, there is nothing sugary or sickly about the scent, probably because of the dry harmonious notes of sandal in the background which adds balance and makes Exotica a velvety smooth and seductive EdT.

Despite being a tropical summer scent, I personally prefer to wear it when the temperatures have dropped since in my opinion Exotica is warm enough in itself and during a hot sunny summer day for me it gets a little bit on the heavy side. Saying that though I'm still intrigued by the depth and complexity of it, and just like Roberto Cavalli's fabulous fashion creations this EdP definitely stands out. Although Exotica is a limited edition, it's still readily available in many stores, and on Fragrance Direct you can find both the original and its pink summer sister.  

8 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I like the original Roberto Cavalli scent, so I bet this is great! I love the beautiful bottle,too!
    xoxo Lauren | Will Sing For Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds dreamy! I really love tropical scents. The bottle is beautiful and would make a great accessory on my vanity :)

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adored the original so I will definitely be having a try of this!


    Anoushka xx www.Anoushkaloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds lovely - it's hard to find a sweet scent that isn't sickly and I love how complex it sounds!

    Emma | Fluff and Fripperies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its hard to find a mix of all things sweet and woody, may have to give this one a try!
    Love this brand and post :)

    Thanks,


    Ellie | www.accordingtoellie.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know this fragrance, but the bottle is amazing. Perfect for a present!
    Have a nice week end
    Valentina

    http://www.mybubblyzone.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed reading your posts and your blog in general is awesome! :) Keep up the great work, I'm a fan! :D

    xoxo Ana

    PS: maybe you wanna check out my blog? I'm so new to this lol

    https://the-secret-life-of-ana-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!