Friday 18 July 2014

Unapologetically gorgeous

As much as I love scorching hot summer days, they do prove a challenge from a makeup point of view especially if you're very active, or have a long commute and lately I have literally stripped everything back and my makeup bag has never looked so empty. Not wearing foundation or concealer can seem daunting and bare summer skin can be very unforgiving, but luckily my skin has been well behaved lately and I have a bit of a tan that is quickly highlighted even more with a quick sweep of a bronzer. Apply a fabulous mascara for some long fluttering lashes and the last but most important touch is a punchy, colorful lippy and the past few weeks I've been using one of the amazing Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balms (£7.99). I've mentioned before how much I love this format of lip product and after my first encounter with the beautiful matte effects from Revlon a while back, I've added new colors regularly to my collection.

I love how fuss free and practical the chubbys are with their twist up function, and unlike a lot of lipsticks that have quite a flimsy packaging it's next to impossible to break the stick as it bumps around in the handbag throughout your every day adventures. It has a lovely minty fresh scent that lasts a little while after you've applied it and despite being a matte lip balm the formula is wonderfully creamy, smooth and pleasant to wear thanks to nourishing ingredients like mango, shea and coconut butter, which is perfect for hot summer days when your lips easily get dehydrated and chapped from the sun. With such a buttery consistency you might expect that the stick would melt or break in hot weather, however the balm seems to be very resilient and I haven't noticed any difference to it's consistency even after I'd accidentally left it out in the sun for a few hrs... phew... When you first apply the ColourBurst balm you get a lovely intense and silky but matte effect that fades evenly without those despicable dry patches or contours, however at least on me it doesn't last very long. In cooler temperatures an application lasts a little bit longer than 2 hrs and during these hot summer days it's unfortunately even shorter than that. Even though for me there are lip chubbys from other brands that last much longer, Revlon has the best and most varied range of colors (10 different matte shades) and the color Unapologetic is sheer (or rather matte) perfection! It's a glorious intense sunny coral pink that will make even the palest of skin tones look glowy and radiant - a gorgeous eye catching shade for every occasion, have a look here on my Instagram for a swatch, and I make no excuses for having used it constantly for the past few weeks. 

31 comments:

  1. I have a few of these and i realllllly like them! I love that they have a matte finish, but are still creamy and not drying!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you, they're lovely for this warm weather :o) Xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds lovely! Would have loved to see what it looks like on you! Glad your back to blogging :)

    www.peonyandpeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, I've missed it loads but didn't really have a choice and had to take a short break! :o) Xx

      Delete
  3. I want to try these so much!!

    Laura xx

    maquillagemagic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're well worth a go and so many gorgeous shades to choose from :o) Xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Go for it, you'll be surprised at how lovely and hydrating they are :o) Xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Definitely, and I think this will be a year around favorite of mine :o) Xx

      Delete
  6. I just picked this up too Charlotte-glad to hear you like it



    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh absolutely, with such a punchy color - how could I not :o) Xx

      Delete
  7. That is such a lovely colour, defo adding it to my list. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choice :o), hope you'll love it as much as I do :o) Xx

      Delete
  8. I'm loving the lip crayons now. They're so fun to use and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, and they take so much less space than lipsticks for any holiday packing :o) Xx

      Delete
  9. I have one of these in Audacious, which is an orange-coral colour, perfect for Summer. However as much as I love them, I did find them quite drying so I make sure to wear a nourishing lip balm underneath x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah what a shame, but at least you can still wear them - I also always prep with a lip balm because I think it gives the best finish :o) Xx

      Delete
  10. Unapologetic is fabulous! It definitely amps up any natural look for a polished pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true - a gorgeous vibrant coral :o) Xx

      Delete
  11. I love how easy these are to use too! I bought Unapologetic recently and I think it's my favourite shade.

    Hannah x
    BLAB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I agree with you, it just really adds a natural glow to your face :o) Xx

      Delete
  12. I love this shade, it's gorgeous!! :)
    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so intense and creamy, just sublime :o) Xx

      Delete
  13. Such a pretty shade!! I have this one too and glad u loving it. xx
    http://makeuptricksandtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get enough of this formula and I hope they'll keep launching new shades in it :o) Xx

      Delete
  14. I have over 6 shades of those matte balms! I'm obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I think I'm getting that way too :o) Xx

      Delete
  15. I am in love with Unapologetic! Have you tried Elusive yet? It's also one of my favs.
    Great post!
    Meghan
    Today's Beauty Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've not tried any of these yet but I have seen so many people rave about them, which obviously means I'll have to try one! Love the shade you have :) xxx

    http://blogthiswithhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to try these :) they look gorgeous X

    http://mickeyxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!