Saturday 17 August 2013

Top 10 Beauty Buys - TAG

Earlier this month I celebrated 1 Month Blog Birthday by saying thank you to you all for the amazing support you've shown me. I also mentioned that I would do a post later in the month on a subject that you had requested. Thanks for all the suggestions - I really liked the idea of a Top 10 Beauty Products of all times, so that's the subject of today's post.

Picking my favourite 10 products is much more difficult than it sounds. There are so many great products available in all price ranges, and since I love trying new products and always look forward to new releases, my list of favourites keep on changing. But there are some items that I either keep going back to, or would not want to be without and that's the type of product that ended up on my Top 10 in the end, and interestingly enough I do actually also have 8 of these products at the moment. You may recognise some of then from previous posts, and some will be reviewed very soon.

So here's the Top 10 in no particular order (the numbering is just so that I can link to them in the description):

1. Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - This is my Cinderella product, an amazing primer that adds radiance to the skin and you can see the results immediately. We will ALL be looking fabulous at the ball!

2. Caudalie Beauty Elixir - I always have one of these in my handbag. It's a lovely aromatig facial spray that adds instant moisture and radiance to skin. Perfect for an afternoon pick me up.

3. Batiste Dry Shampoo in Tropical - I would never be without a dry shampoo, and for me Batiste is the best. Cheap, super value for money and a great quick fix for dull or oily hair with loads of lovely fresh scents, although Tropical is definitely my favourite.

4. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask - Gorgeous smelling over night mask that melts into the skin, boosting moisture and you'll wake up with bright and peachy soft, hydrated skin. Every house should have one.

5. Clarins Santal Face Treatment Oil - The best soothing and balancing oil I've ever used. It's perfect for dry skin and rehydrates as well as relaxes you with it's unbelievable warm and luxurious scent. You only need to massage in a tiny drop and it lasts a long time. SOOOO GOOD!

6. Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Celestial - Great value for money lip gloss that gives very intense colour, plumps and adds a silky sheen to your lips. If I was only allowed to have one single lip product (oh how cruel...) it would be Apocalips.

7. Estée Lauder Resilience Lift Eye Creme - Intensely moisturing eye cream that helps to support the skins natural elasticity, with a luminising effect that immediately makes the eye area look bright. Lovely for tired, "crepey" eyes.

8. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Beige - Fresh smelling hydrating foundation that gives a super natural radiance and healthy glow. In my opinion one of the best drug store foundations available.

9. L'Oréal False Lash Telescopic Mascara in Black - Gives very long luscious eye lashes with an excellent long thin brush, that easily reaches even the shortest of eye lashes for extra volume.

10. REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask - Lovely orange smelling peel mask that removes dead skins cells and makes your skin look radiant and healthy. Absolutely brilliant for a deep cleanse or decongestant to rebalance your skin. Yes it's a super hyped product, but it definitely deserves all the raving reviews. 

I'd love to find out what your Top 10 Beauty products are so I invite everyone to leave a comment or  join in this TAG, but I also nominate the following wonderful bloggers:
Katie from Simplicity
Elizabeth from The Beauty Inside
Anouk from Beauty and Rambles
Ashley & Julie from 20/30 Glam 
Zoe from Writing Whimsy 

17 comments:

  1. Exciting products..I have batiste and apocalypse....wanna get caudalie beauty elixir...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're GREAt aren't they? :o). I really like the beauty Elixir, and even Him indoors spritz from it every now and then, so clearly even men like it :o).

      Delete
  2. Thank you for tagging me in this! I'll post on it soon :) I love Apocalips in Celestial, it's my favorite color in the range. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ashley! They have some great shades, but Celestial is so easy to wear and goes with most looks :O). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great faves! Thank you So much for tagging us! What a fun post to do! We will work on it today and try to get ours up by Monday. :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you lovely ladies are FAST, thank you and look forward to it :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. You've picked some really wonderful products here!

    Erin, xx

    http://strawcherry21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Erin, thank you so much, I do love them all, and it was difficult to keep to just 10! :o) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. all your pick really fantastic i answer this post tomorrow thanks for tag me doll :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my dear - YEAY! :O) Have a super weekend! Xx

      Delete
  8. Nice post! I too like the Bourjois foundation, and I really want to try the Rimmel Apocolips!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so lovely to use - the only thing is it can be tricky finding the right shade, and sometimes I've had to mix 2 of them... Xx

      Delete
  9. I only have one apocolips and it's celestial and I love it! :) That's the only product I have on this list but I have tried the exilir before and it was so lovely! I was thinking about this tag and I'm not sure I have 10 products to put on it, maybe not even 5 at the moment, but I will bookmark it and keep it in mind for the future :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, whenever it's the right time :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. I always want to try the Ren face mask, but its just so expensive!!
    erinandkatherine.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard a lot about this bourjois foundation, is good for oily skin?

    http://mumusfashionandthings.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!