Wednesday 28 August 2013

Avon's Apricot & Shea butter products

There are some things that I look forward to every month, e.g. pay day, the new edition of In Style, new nail polishes and the latest Avon book. Every time I get a new book it's time out. I'll make myself a lovely vanilla latte and sit down to go through it - pen in hand, ready to place my order. First I go through all of the brochure quickly to spot "highlights", and then I go back and look at what I've spotted in more detail and make my decision: To order or Not to order. I have tried something from most of the product ranges; perfume, hair products, makeup (LOTS of it) and nail polish - but I have an extra soft spot for the body care products. Avon has this uncanny ability to come up with products in the most amazing, fruity combinations, that to me are sheer temptation and when I spotted Naturals Apricot and Shea Butter products a while back, I knew straight away that I had to try them.
I loved the idea of Apricot and Shea Butter so much that I actually bought 5 products (only 4 shown in the photo); Shower gel, Body lotion, 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner, Leave in treatment and the Room Spray. I've surrounded myself with this scent and it was exactly as beautiful as I thought it would be. It's a gentle, delicious mix of sweet and juicy apricot with luscious shea butter and together it creates a whipped fluffy ice creamy scent. It a tiny bit synthetic, but in a way that makes the apricot smell even fresher than it does in real life.

The shower gel and body lotion are both nice to use, although like with many other body lotions in the Naturals range they don't actually give as much moisture as I would like. The Apricot and Shea butter lotion is a bit thicker than the other body lotions, which is nice since otherwise they tend to be a bit milky and seem to not always absorb properly into the skin. After you've applied the body lotion you'll definitely smell amazing for a while, but for me that moisturised feeling is superficial and it disappears fairly quickly.

I really like the Avon 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioners and I have a few with different lovely scents. It's a great product for when you don't have a lot of time e.g. after a workout, and it cleans your hair well without leaving any residue or drying it out. Personally I only use these 2-in-1 products every now and then, since my hair definitely needs a separate conditioner (a lot of it) and I wouldn't recommend that you only use 2-in-1 products since it can make your hair dry and frizzy. The gorgeous scent is re-enforced if you use the Leave in treatment as well. The consistency is a bit like a thin conditioner, and you should apply a little bit to towel dried hair and then style as usual. It'll leave your hair feeling very soft and silky and you'll smell of irresistible summery apricot ice cream!

I had prepared this post a few days ago, and when I was going to add the most recent links to Avon there's no information about any of these products at all on their web site. Avon is a great affordable option (I think I paid about £10 for all 5 products) and offers some nice products but I REALLY dislike the fact that many items are only available for a very short time, and then they're gone. So if you're interested in this heavenly fresh Apricot and Shea Butter series, check with your Avon representative if they're still available or go on eBay where I know for sure you can find them. 

44 comments:

  1. I really love Avon they are so affordable and great quality. I have never tried any of the naturals range, but I ordered a couple of products last week I can't wait to receive them.
    You're right their hair range is really good too. xx

    Http://Kinderhealthandbeautytips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a good day when a delivery arrives, I get my new products later today :o). Xx

      Delete
    2. Ah lucky you :-) xx

      Delete
    3. Let us know what you think of your new products :o). Have a great day! Xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds lovely. Sadly Avon pulled out of Ireland very suddenly last year leaving lots of people without jobs so, not a company I will be ordering from again. But I do miss their Supershock eyeliners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah, what a shame.. I agree that is a super product! Well there's always eBay :O). Xx

      Delete
  3. I want to try it!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, and I don't think you'll be disappointed :o)! Xx

      Delete
  4. I love Avon, I definitely need to try out more of their products but their strawberry and white chocolate bodycare range is really delightful and smells delicious! It'd be nice to try out this though, sounds more fresh :) x

    Kathryn
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Kathryn and thank you so much for visiting! I completely agree, the White Chocolate is another favourite of mine, almost finished it though... I've joined your blog and love your photos. Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  5. As bad as it sounds I've never tried Avon! Shock horror :/ I will definitely look into these though! The shower gel and body lotion sounds great though! Thanks for the great post!

    Alice X

    http://brushofbeauty17.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o) - well I hadn't either up until a few years ago. I've tried so much from them and really like the body care range and some of the make up. Xx

      Delete
  6. Is it good?
    I have a few friends who are into Avon's Direct Selling...I never gave a thought of buying from them...but the pic make it look so tempting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have time to do it, but it's a great thing to look forward to every month when my friend comes over with the brochure, and these particular products smell fantastic! xx

      Delete
  7. Not used these products before. Need a good review before I get them.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting! The scent combinations are amazing :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. wow..sounds great..would love to try
    my recent one : http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/2013/08/recent-mac-and-sleek-blush-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for visiting! It's such a lovely scent and such a low price, you can almost not afford not to :O). Xx

      Delete
  9. Great products and I soo wannaa try this range :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you for stopping by! They are very lovely :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. I'm not normally an avon person, but you have me wanting to try these. Apricot and Shea butter just sounds amazing together!
    New follow :)

    Jamie

    http://jamiesessions11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Jamie - thank you so much and welcome! Already one of your followers :o). It's a combination that really works and I don't think you would be disappointed with this :O). Xx

      Delete
  11. I have not tried AVON products yet, Nice post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, very nice of you! Xx

      Delete
  12. I like Avon products. Thanks for visiting my blog! I am following you now. Hope you follow back! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Niesha! Thank you so much for visiting and for joining - already follow you :o). These are lovely and I'm already excited to see what lovely scents are coming up for A/W. Hope to see you back here again soon! Xx

      Delete
  13. great blog! do u want to follow each other? i am already following u :)

    http://aaannniiieee.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Annie - thank you so much for your sweet comment! Of course, following you too :O). Hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. I love Avon's "Far Away" perfume! Perhaps a little beyond my years but I just love it! Haven't tried too much of the makeup though - any recommendations??
    Chloe xx
    clpetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chloe, thank you so much for stopping by! Following you as well now :o). I absolutely love the on point eyeliners. I'm actually doing a review of them very soon, but they're a great liner with a very precise sharp point. Xx

      Delete
  15. great post I love avon products!
    Meg xx

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Meghan - thanks for visiting and thanks for the lovely comment. It's such a lovely creamy scent, I'm surprised it's not in the brochure any more - oh well - eBAY! Following you now :O). Hope you'll come back and visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  16. i didn't know they did seasonal runs of products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - unfortunately, I mean some of it I completely understand like Christmas aimed scents, but it doesn't always make sense to me :/. Xx

      Delete
  17. I love the scent of apricot, it reminds me of summer! St Ive's has a lovely apricot scrub that i absolutely adore.

    Mia ♡ Une Jolie Vie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mia - thank you so much for visiting and for leaving a comment. Sound slovely I'll have to check that out. Your blog is lovely and have joined you. Hope you'll come back and visit again soon! Have a super day! Xx

      Delete
  18. gorgeous pic Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you, thank you very much! Hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. I bet these smell delicious! I want!

    Rachel x

    thedrugstorelife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Rachel, thanks a million - they really do smell amazing, and I'll try to get my hands on some more of them on eBay :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Do the hair products contain silicones ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!