Friday 26 July 2013

The Buzz on Honey by Marc Jacobs EdP

I know that none of us really want to think about autumn at the moment, and the warm sunny weather can easily make you think that it's still a long way to go before we swap strappy sun dresses for warm jumpers. But autumn is coming whether we want it to or not, and to make things a little easier I think about all the new, fun releases we've got to look forward to. What better way to see in the autumn than with a new gorgeous fragrance, like the latest whimsical creation by Marc Jacobs - Honey (EdP).

Let's start with the bottle - it's so cute, sunny and humorous with it's bright yellow & black stripes, and little pearl adorned butterflies. It simply exudes fun, liveliness, spirit and a zest for life. It makes me happy just by looking at it!

As the name gives away, it does contain honey and you would think - and maybe even worry, that this is an overpowering, intense or sickly sweet fragrance. But it's completely the opposite - it's a very fresh, crisp, sunny and bright scent with sparkling fruity influences. Initially there's an immediate hit of juicy, cool pear (reminds me of popsicles I used to eat as a child), followed by an element of delicious mandarin and orange blossom - but it's a gorgeous, warm and soft combination rather than a sharp and zesty, citrusy scent.

While the first impression is of an invigorating and restoring fruity and aqua like fragrance, it does evolve into a more blossomy, warm and glorious scent. There is an element of white flowers, that makes the scent crisp and feminine while the golden honey, old fashioned vanilla and subtle musk notes balance the fruit perfectly, adding substance and a slight depth. 

I know that there's been some criticism of the later Marc Jacobs fragrances as being void of character and aimed at a younger audience, and I have no doubt that Honey also will get mixed reviews - but scent is such an individual thing and if a fragrance appeals to you, then go forth and smell nice! I am completely in love with this bright and cheery scent, and for me the only downside is that despite being an EdP, it's not very long lasting - which is a bit disappointing. It evaporates fairly quickly, but since I never leave the house without the fragrance of the day anyway (I was never in the Scouts but "Be Prepared" is still how I approach my day!), it's not really that big a deal.

In my mind Honey encapsulates summer - having ice cream in the sunshine by the seaside, and that's a memory and a scent I'll happily carry with me well into autumn and beyond.

6 comments:

  1. Great post! And I don't mind Autumn coming one bit - it's my absolute favorite time of year! This perfume bottle is just adorable, I love it. I would like to try this perfume now. Thanks! :o) ♥ xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the feedback! I'm the same actually - as much as I love the heat there's nothing like a beautiful crisp colourful autumn day :o). It'll look good on any dressing table X0

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. The pictures are fab too! So in love with the bottle, wanted to try this perfume a while ago and you've made me want to try even more now :)
    xx

    http://thebeautyofthis.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire! It is a very pretty bottle, I might even need to keep it once it's finished :o)

      XX

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's so cute isn't it?! And the scent lives up to the expectations!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!