Wednesday 11 September 2013

The green edition

Out of all the colors in the spectrum green is the one most closely associated with nature - fertility, growth and ultimately life. But green is also supposed to have a calming, relaxing effect and to symbolise balance. I know that autumn is more or less here, but the trees haven't quite shifted to gold and red yet so there's still a memory of green summer left so a great time for me to share some of my favourite green products that help me feeling balanced and harmonious.

We all try to live life a little greener, and one of the best beauty brands founded on 100% natural ingredients and with a strong commitment to the environment is Caudalie. If you have read some of my earlier posts you'll know that I use quite a lot of products from the Caudalie range and also reward myself with the occasional treatment. It was during one such pampering session that I was introduced to the Caudalie's Fleur De Vigne Shower Gel. It's a lovely, gentle and soap free shower gel that cleans well without stripping your skin back or making it feel dry, but what I REALLY like about it is the scent (surprise, surprise) that stays on your skin for quite a long time afterwards. It's an unexpected delicate mix of subtle florals like rose with fresh melon and leafy vines. It's a very green but aquatic scent that helps you to unwind after a tough day - to me it's pure bliss!

I liked the shower gel so much that I went straight to buy the matching fragrance Fleur De Vigne Eaux Fraiches. Of course it has the same mild scent combination as the shower gel, but it also has an extra touch of a very noticeable citrus air from grapefruit and tangerine together with woody cedar. This makes the fragrance very sparkly and exhilarating but also grassy and modern. To sum it up: it has got to be the greenest scent I've ever tried, and if you're looking for a balancing and harmonious scent - you should definitely try this one.

Since I have long hair and work out a lot, I go through bottle loads of shampoos. And because I use so much, I usually don't want to spend too much money on hair products and tend to go for more affordable products, but I will occasionally invest in the odd high end product as a treatment for my hair. This is exactly what I did a good few months ago when my hair felt very dehydrated and damaged and I wanted something to boost my hair, so I invested in the Kérastase Bain Force Architecte Reconstructing Shampoo. This shampoo is supposed to be used daily, but instead I actually limited my hair washes to no more than 3 times/week (thank goodness for Batiste Dry Shampoo) and also only used this shampoo, no other. You only need a little dollop of it to get a really nice lather and it cleans your hair in a very gentle way, with a lovely fruity salon scent that lingers. I know that this has a higher price point, but for me this shampoo really worked - my hair felt stronger and I didn't notice as many brittle strands as I had before. Since you don't need much the bottle actually lasted me well over 2 months, which is probably unheard of for me when it comes to shampoo. You can of course get this in salons all around the country, or why not check out the fabulous Feelunique.com, and get yourself another little something since you're there anyway. 

I've mentioned before that I've mainly been using coral and bronzed eye makeup this summer, but often added a stronger color on my lower waterline for effect, and one of my most used eyeliner shades has been the Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner Emerald Green. It's a beautiful, intense and  smooth emerald green with blue undertones that I've really enjoyed wearing and that's worked well with my blue eyes. The formula is so pleasant to wear and work with since it goes on so easily, it's waterproof and it lasts a long time - so it's been perfect for summer wear. There are other wonderful shades available in this formula as well e.g. plum and black, and I've already decided to get the plum one for the A/W makeup.
Emerald Green

Being a polish-aholic I obviously wanted to include a nice green polish in this post and despite having quite a few nice greens in my collection I knew straight away which one I wanted to show. When the Revlon Moon Candy nail polishes were released I was completely taken in by the idea - you probably all know it: first you use the dark base shade and then you add the lustrous top coat for a great 3D look. I've tried many of them, but the shade I was instantly drawn to was Meteor which for me is perfect for this time of year. It combines the summery, lush, dark forest green with autumn golden and coral speckles and I really love the finish of it.
Meteor

I usually apply 2 coats of both the base and the top coat since I quite like having an even spread of the little opalescent fragments across the nail. On me the finished look lasts 3-4 days before it starts to chip away, which is pretty good. I wish I could say that it's easy to remove this polish, but it is unfortunately a little trickier than normal ones, but to make it a little easier I would recommend using 3 coats of the base color to thicken it up since it won't effect the final finish. This particular product may not be new anymore, but my fascination for different effect top coats and formulas stays on, and although I've already picked up some of the A/W releases, I know I'll continue to sport my Moon Candy look every now and then.

This collection of product definitely makes it easy being green! 


38 comments:

  1. Lovely products, I have been useing the same shampoo for just a week and I also have seen some good changes in my hair. If you like kerastase I would recommend you the ciment thermique leave in treatment. I only been using it for a while but already know that I will buy it again when it runs out.

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evelyn - thanks for the comment and the recommendation. I will definitely pick it up next time I go to my salon. I always think it's worth to invest in masques or treatments since they can do miracles :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. I love this post you've written it beautifully!
    I really want this shampoo etc as well, I'll have to get my hands on it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elisse, thanks for visiting and for your lovely comments, that's really nice of you! It's definitely worth the price tag :o). Joined your blog and loved the flower skirt you showed a few days ago :o). Hope you'll visit again soon Xx

      Delete
  3. great choice of product , actually i am facing hair fall, my hairdresser recommend me this shampoo but it contain alcohol so i choose other one if it work on hair fall sure i am going to buy this one next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - well let me know if you do and what you think of it. For me it's worked really well and I'm happy I got it :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. yeah sure !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea, i have been doing a similar thing on my blog, just did a coral post!! L xx

    maquillagemagic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caudalie is such a gorgeous brand, isn't it?
    Jennifer
    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting! Yes I love Caudalie and considering it's a salon brand it's not too expensive either :o). Hope you'll visit again soon!

      Delete
  7. Aw I love his post.
    I was so drawn to it because it reminds me of rain forests for some reason and instantly makes me think of healthiness and relaxation.
    Never even heard of Caudalie but it sounds like a great brand.
    I LOVE that nail polish. Now that I have heard of. May have to give it a go!

    Love Daniela (new fan)
    www.ohellabella.blogspot.co.uk
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniela - thank you so much for visiting and your lovely comment - really made me smile! Caudalie is a wonderful brand and all the products smell amazing :o). I'm glad you like Meteor, it's definitely my favourite Moon Candy! Hope you'll visit again soon - am following you back! Xx

      Delete
  8. The shower gel is definitely something we would like! We have sensative skin too so this sounds perfect for us! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ladies! Thank you so much - I hope you'll get it and enjoy is as much as I do. Perhaps even splash out and get the Eaux fraiches too :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. great nail polish

    http://www.cultureandtrend.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, glad you like it. I think it deserves some attention :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. Your nail polish is fabulous and I would love to try the emerald eyeliner!
    I wish we had Superdrug in France ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I know how you feel - isn't it funny how we all wish we had something that we don't - like I wish we had Sephora and Bath and Body works in the UK LOL. I hope you'll come back and visit again soon :O). Xx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really lovely of you. Hope you'll come and visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. Lovely post Charlotte! nail paint looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million! Meteor is definitely my favourite moon candy :O). Xx

      Delete
  13. your nails look so nice!
    xoxo
    http://dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adriana and thanks so much for visiting! That's very sweet of you, I'm currently on a break from nail polish and I can't wait to get some colorful fingertips again at the end of this week :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. I love that you did a green post! How fun. Great reviews too. I love the green eyeliner!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - thanks a million, I'm so glad you like it! I actually bought the plum shade of the eyeliner today and it's lovely too :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. I love this post! Especially the Revlon Nail Art Duo. I should really get my hands on it!
    I've followed your blog, please could you follow back?
    Purplesparklez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really nice of you, thank you so much! There's another lovely cinnamon/gold that also would be perfect for this time of year. Follow you - hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. I'm such a huge Caudalie fan and I haven't tried either of these! I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for them! Love your blog, I just discovered it! Following you :D

    www.peonyandpeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and for your lovely comments! It always makes me so happy when someone joins :o). Following you too as well, and hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. Caudalie and Kerastase are two very good brands, I know them well :)
    Would you check out my latest post? www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that collective photo of the items! (Fantastic setup, imo)

    I do love citrusy scents, so I will definitely check out those Caudalie items.
    I've been meaning to try out those Moon Candy polishes, because the whole line/final look looks so pretty, but I've been hearing bad reviews on polish consistency and whole execution with the product. But 3-4 days before it begins to chip ain't bad.

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so nice of you, thank you!!! I have read mixed reviews about the Moon Candies, and perhaps it's the thicker consistency that makes it tricky to work with and if you don't leave it to dry it could of course smudge, but for me they work well. If you try them - let me know what you think :O). Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Thanks a million, I do love the Moon Candy polishes :o). Xx

      Delete
  20. I really love the nail polish! Please check out my blog: mintprincessxo.blogspot.com, and even subscribe if you like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keelie, thanks so much for visiting and for your lovely comment, best of luck with your blog - it's so exciting starting something new isn't it :O). Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!