Friday 6 September 2013

Street Art Nails from Nails Inc

Being a polishaholic these days can be tough. With all the high street shops filled with gorgeous shades and different effect polishes they are enabling me. I am well and truly off the infamous polish wagon. One of the latest crazes is all the different topcoats - ultra shiny, matte, moon candy style, confetti, and of course the good old classic: the glitter coat. And seriously - who doesn't like a little bit of sparkle?

I had had my eye on Nails Inc Old Street Graffiti and shown remarkable restraint for a long time, before I finally caved in. It's a clear lacquer scattered with whimsical, asymmetric and multi coloured glitters in different textures that you use as a top coat over your chosen colour.

The first time I saw this lacquer it was worn over a white colour and I thought - WOW that's pretty cool. As with all glitter polishes no two nails will look the same, and some days the final look turns out better than others (as you can see in the photos) - that's just the way it goes. This lacquer is quite thick - almost gloopy in its consistency and it's also absolutely packed with glitter. However that does make it a bit tricky to work with. Even if it's supposed to be a hap hazard look, there still has to be some even distribution of the glitter across the nail I think - so you may need to put on two or more coats, and still do some touch ups here and there to spread the glitter shapes. 
on Barry M Nail Paint - 66 Matt White
on Rimmel Nail Polish - 058 Lemon Drop
on Barry M Nail Paint - 47 Black

I've tried this top coat with different colour combinations and I've also seen it on a nude nail, so really the possibilities are endless. Personally I still think it works best on a white shade or even a black.

As much as I like the graffiti effect it's got to be said that it does come with a couple of warnings. You may find that the glitters catch your clothes, or anything you touch, so be careful if you're wearing delicate lace or anything else that the glitters can pull. Also it is definitely long lasting - in fact it's a complete NIGHTMARE to take off. Even with the strongest, most horrible noxious acetone you can find, you'll have to spend a good few minutes on each fingertip, so when you apply it prepare yourself for wearing street chic for quite a while. 

The graffiti lacquers may not be for everyone since it does have an edge - both style wise and literally, but I think it's fun to mix it up a little. Imagine wearing this with a classic LBD - very fashion forward!!!

32 comments:

  1. what a cool nail polish! I really like the color combinations you used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think I prefer it on a white shade, but it's so much fun experimenting with it - maybe on green...? Xx

      Delete
  2. love it so much!

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Rakel, and thank you so much for visiting and your lovely comment. Just browsed your blog - I love your style, and have joined you. Hope you'll visit here again soon :O). Xx

      Delete
  3. ha! that looks awesome ..esp on black nailpaint!
    xoxo
    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, yes for me it should be with black or white :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. I almost wanted to buy one but if it doesn't come off I won't. The removal is annoying enough. On the other hand it looks really stunning. I love it the most on the white one but it's probably because I'm crazy for white nail polish right now. Have a happy Friday Charlotte!!

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your nice comments! Sometimes the best way to get rid of the glimmer polish is to keep on building it, until it's soo thick it'll just come off in one go... naughty but quick. Xx

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful nail paint. Looks so pretty on your nails <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you thank you! Have a great weekend :O). Xx

      Delete
  6. very pretty stuff :)
    i just tag you , check out my new post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, I'll do the TAG next week :o). Xx

      Delete
    2. oh great waiting for your answers

      Delete
    3. Hey Jannat - so the This or That TAG is up and thanks again for nominating me :O)

      http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/this-or-that-tag.html

      Delete
  7. Such a pretty nail look x

    would you like to follow each other on bloglovin or gfc?

    kristasclothes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Krista, thank you so much for visiting and for your lovely comment. Absolutely, following you now and loved your September wishlist, that necklace is gorgeous! Hope to see you here again soon :O) Xx

      Delete
  8. Love the effect of this!! It definately is a sparkley Friday!
    Aims
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million! See what we can call Saturday - Satin Saturday maybe :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. Oh my gawwwd I feel you girl I'm a massive addict to top coats! I really like this one with the white, looks awesome :D xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million that's so nice of you! Yep, there are so many gorgeous ones to choose from as well :O). Xx

      Delete
  10. I love graffiti over the black the best. The colours are all so pretty :)

    Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Debra, thanks for visiting and for the lovely comment! Follow your blog and hope you'll come back and visit again soon :O). Have a great weekend! xx

      Delete
  11. Looks really cool...I have not seen that here in the States..I will be on the hunt! Thanks for sharing..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I hope you'll find it somewhere, can have so much fun with it :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. Gotta get my hands on this polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, let me know what you create with it :O). Xx

      Delete
  13. I also love this best over white, but eek, that's a bit dangerous to wear if it catches on clothing. I find a lot of glitters require dabbing, but the end effect is just so cool.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's stay away from the fine knits and lace when you're wearing this :O). Xx

      Delete
  14. This is so funky! I ordered a shimmer sort of glitter polish from Avon this week, hope its as pretty as this xox

    The Style Khaleesi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's the opal top coat, it's brilliant - I hope you'll be happy with it :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Oh yes, the possibilities are endless :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!