Sunday 15 September 2013

Lush Lemony Flutter

If you have read my blog previously you'll know how much I love nail polishes and I'm rarely seen for longer periods with nude, bare nails. In fact, this only happens about 3-4 times a year and that is when I do my regular nail detox. Wearing polish every day, and using nail polish remover can be tough on the nails and cuticles so I regularly take time out for my nails when I don't wear any polish, except a clear treatment polish for whatever my nails need most at the moment. For the past 2.5 weeks I've given my nails one of these breathers and the only products that I've used are Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Growth Treatment and Lush's Lemony Flutter.

Lemony Flutter is an ultra rich and thick cuticle butter that will help to nourish and soften the cuticles. It contains a long list of ingredients like thick oils from soya, avocado, coconut - butters from shea and mango that together with the beeswax form this delicious whipped and thick butter. It has an amazing strong and refreshing smell of creamy, sweet lemon - it's like rubbing lemon mousse into your cuticles and nails.

You only need a very little amount for each nail, and when you massage it in, the oils and butter heat up and melt beautifully into the skin leaving it feeling a tiny bit oily, but nourished and smelling absolutely fantastic. If you want to apply polish straight afterwards, you should probably wipe the nails clean, but since I've gone "nude" I've really enjoyed the feeling of the oils sinking into the nail properly. For the past weeks I've massaged in this gorgeous butter every morning and evening and it's really revitalized the cuticles that now look healthy and supple, and the sweet and zesty lemon scent has really been a wonderful pick me up to restore my mood. In addition my nails feel stronger and have definitely grown a little bit thanks to the Miracle Growth treatments that I've re-applied every other day. I absolutely love this nail and cuticle butter and it smells so enticing that even Him Indoors has started to use a little bit every now and then. 

The past weeks of my NPP (No Polish Policy) may have been a great and well needed break for my nails, but it has also been exceptionally boring from a nail polish point of view and I can't wait for the 3 weeks to end, so I can start wearing all the wonderful shades I've bought recently. I wonder which shade I should start with...  



36 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely, I just love Lush products and find them just as good as much higher end products for a fraction of the price! I've not tried this yet but think I'll add it to my list :) Great review! x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Claire - hope you've had a great weekend and thanks for the lovely comment! I completely agree, and it's so much fun browsing their shops :O). Xx

      Delete
  2. I'd love to try this out, currently I just use the body shop lemon body butter and it does the job nicely but I think I should try out the real deal from Lush! x

    Kathryn
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya - that's so funny, because the Sweet lemon range is another one of my favourites, I definitely like the sweet zesties :O). I don't think you'll be disappointed in the Lemony Flutter :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Paulina and thanks for visiting! They do have so many lovely things to choose from. Follow you and hope you'll come back again soon! Xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds amazing, I might have to get this. How much does it cost?


    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want this! But I have a few cuticle oils I should use up first :) It smells so yummy too.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very disciplined :O) I hope some of that rubs off on me :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. I did not know that made this, thanks for sharing. I will have to check it out next time I am in there especially for the harsh winter coming!! Ick!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely product and I hope you'll like it as much as I do :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. This sounds amazing I need to try it!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Eleanor and thanks a million for visiting! For me this is is totally addictive and the yummy lemon scent is amazing! Joined your blog and hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. I love all Lush products; I'll take a look at this when I next go!

    Beth | LittleMissFashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Beth! Hope you've had a nice weekend! If you get it, let me know what you think of it :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. I love Lush!

    xxx
    http://myrunwayfashionworld.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have some amazing products :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. I love Lush and this does sound amazing! I've been having the problem of unhealthy nails from wearing too much nail varnish and from using harsh sanitisers etc at work so I'll definitely be investing in something like this after reading your post because I haven't really known what I could do about it :)

    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amy! Thanks so much for visiting and for your lovely comment! There are lots of oils and other products around, but this is such a nice cream to use and unlike a lot of oils you won't get it everywhere. Hope you'll visit soon again! :O) Xx

      Delete
  11. this product seems so great! i always notice that my manicure never look as great as they should b/c i never take care of my cuticles.
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn and thanks so much for visiting! It's a lovely thick cream that I think would really help after a few uses! Hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. Great product, it smells lovely!
    Only downside to me, the jar is huge!
    I couldn't finish it before its expiry date. Such a pity!
    Xx Birgit
    www.beyondjeansandt.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit - thanks for visiting! It is a generous tub I agree, but since I'm totally addicted to it at the moment I hope I can get through it before it goes bad :o). Hope to see you here again soon! Xx

      Delete
  13. i absolutely love Lush's products - you cant go wrong with them either.! I have never tried this before - but i will definitely give this a go!

    www.yasbeyou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll find it as effective as I do, and it smells amazing too :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. If I bottle a jar I think I might eat it, the picture alone makes me drool :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jasmine - just think: Lemon Mousse LOL! Just bought that GORGEOUS China Glaze shade because I have no free will of my own :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you in The Autumn Tag

    Please check it out! I'd love to read your answers!

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really nie of you. I look forward to doing it, although I'm going away for a few days so it may not be until I'm back at the beginning of September :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. Great post. I love Lush products, especially their face masks. I love your photo as well, such an autumn feel to it! :) xx

    www.beautywish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really lovely of you! Xx

      Delete
  17. This sounds and looks so amazingly nourishing! Love the picture Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really nice of you to say! I think it's a wonderful product and it's worked really well for me so I would happily recommend it to others :O). Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  18. Wow! I gotta find this stuff...sounds so amazing. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, that's so nice of you :O). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!