Tuesday 10 September 2013

This or That TAG

I know that I haven't really done any posts that are more of a personal nature to tell you a little bit about me, and I will start to do that if you think it would be fun to read - but I can tell you that I am a very logical and decisive person, with views and opinions about most things. So when my friend Jannat (from Artical and Fashion Knowledge) tagged me for the This or That? post that's been doing the rounds lately I thought - that should be easy to do. Well I have news for you my friends - IT WASN'T! I guess it just shows that we all have many sides to our characters, and while I may be decisive at work and practical things - I'm definitely on the proverbial fence when it comes to lifestyle. However, being an optimist I prefer to see that as a result of my natural curiosity and openness to new things, and in many cases I don't want to limit myself in any way shape or form. As Him indoors always says: "- I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..." Anyway that's a small insight into my character, and now let's move quickly on to the questions in the tag, starting with makeup.
Makeup:
1. Blush or Browns - I'm not sure what's meant by browns, so I'll assume that it's bronzer which I'll use for both sculpting and to add some color.
2. Lip gloss or lip stick - Lip gloss
3. Eyeliner or mascara - Mascara (ha - this was an easy one)
4. Foundation or concealer - If I had to go for just one it would be concealer since I don't use full coverage foundation or foundation all over my face anyway
5. Natural or colored eyeshadow - Depends on what look I go for, but the majority of the time it's more natural
6. Pressed or loose eyeshadow - Pressed, loose eyeshadow and powder just goes everywhere and you end up wasting a lot of it
7. Brush or sponge - Definitely brushes, sponges are just messy and again you risk wasting a lot of product

Nails:
1. Opi or China Glaze - OPI, love love love OPI, they have amazing formulas and shades
2. Long or short - Long
3. Acrylic or catural - Natural
4. Bright or dark - Dark
5. Flower or no flower - No flower, but I am very partial to a little or a LOT of sparkle!
Body:
1. Perfume or body splash - Definitely perfume
2. Lotion or body butter - Definitely body butter
3. Body wash or soap - Definitely wash since I avoid soap as much as possible
4. Lush or Other - Lush does have amazing things, but I couldn't limit myself to just using products from one brand and there's just too many other nice things to choose, so this would be both
Fashion:
1. Jeans or sweat pants - Jeans, can be dressed up or down - great for any occasion
2. Long sleeves or short sleeves - Compromise: 3/4 length (how creative am I...)
3. Dress or skirt - I love dresses, but also wear a lot of skirts so for me it's definitely both
4. Scarves or hat - Scarves, but not to wear around the head
5. Studs or dangling earrings - Studs
6. Necklace or bracelet - Necklace, there's nothing like a gorgeous statement necklace
7. Heels or flats - Heels, but I have started to be a little bit more practical and love a great pair of flats too
8. Cowboy boots or riding boots - Riding boots
9. Jackets or hoodies - Jackets
10. Forever 21 or Charlotte Russe - Forever 21

Hair:
1. Curly or straight - Well I wouldn't go as far as to say curly, but definitely wavy
2. Bun or ponytail - Bun, although I wear ponytails at some point almost every single day
3. Bobby pin or butterfly clips - Bobby pin
4. Hairspray or gel - Hairspray
5. Long or short - Long, long, loooooooooong
6. Dark or light, Light
7. Side swept bangs or full bangs - Side swept for me, but full bangs look great on others
8. Up or down - Depends on my mood, outfit and occasion. Since I have long hair I find it quite boring to just leave it down, although that is what Him indoors prefers...

Random:
1. Rain or shine - Shine - the more the merrier and the bronzier
2. Summer or winter - I love all the seasons because they're each beautiful in their own way, but I have to go with winter since I prefer to be more dressed up - a lovely coat, stylish boots, leather... aaaaaaah nice
3. Fall or spring - Again they are both lovely but I guess I would need to go for fall because of the beautiful colors (but hate the rain).
4. Chocolate or vanilla - Neither, I'm not a chocolate lover and vanilla is too plain, so if those were the only options on a dessert menu, I'd rather pass. If I decide to go for something naughty it'll be in a flavour that I will really enjoy and it will always be something with a fruity taste, e.g. mango, passion fruit or raspberry. 


So now you know a little bit more about me, and I TAG the following beauties to share a little bit about themselves:

Niamh & Beth - Niamh and Beth

I'll be back tomorrow with another post - have a great day everyone! Xx

29 comments:

  1. Lovely post Charlotte. No idea what 'browns' are either heheh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun post to read :)


    http://expressionofemotions.blogspot.in/2013/09/rosabelle-treasures-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vasu and thank you for visiting and for your lovely comment. It wasn't easy to decide between some of these products, but very fun to do :o). Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much, that's really lovely of you! Sure, following you :o). Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this, was nice to 'get to know you' as such :) Completely agree with most of your choices too!

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, I'll try and throw in some more personal stuff more often :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it - thank you so much! Xx

      Delete
  6. Oh my, this post is making its round. I love how fun it is. :) Nice answers!

    http://www.glamourjournals.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's quite a few of them out there, but it was fun to do :o). Thanks a million! Xx

      Delete
  7. Hey I also did this tag on my blog, do check out mine on mahousewifelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - yes I saw that, otherwise you would have been TAGGED :O). Xx

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Oh yes - OPI does amazing shades and the formula is great too. Personally I think it's one of the best ones amongst the very popular brands :O). Xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Hiya Sarah - thank you so much, I wanted to make it a little bit more interesting than just text :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. beautiful answers , even i was very confuse when i did that , thanks to pointed out my mistake, yes it is bronzer even i did not notice!!!!!!
    sorry for that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it was great fun to do :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Thanks so much for tagging me. This is a lovely post and I will definetely be joining in.

    Karen x
    http://silvermachine78.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful - look forward to seeing your choices :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. Hey this is fantastic. I always find these types of posts so hard to answer but I do love reading them.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh - thank you so much, that's really nice! :o) Xx

      Delete
  13. Thanks for this post!! I'm going to do this tag. I love it!

    devonabeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, look forward to seeing what you come up with :O). Xx

      Delete
  14. Love this tag :) Ive never been into Forever 21 but recently one of the shops opened in my city so I'll have to go take a peak! I always feel like Im missing out xox

    The Style Khaleesi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you - thank you! They have some amazing accessories at great prices :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. thanks for the tag! I think I'll try this one out and I should have my answers up this week :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! Sounds great - look forward to reading it :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!