Sunday 1 September 2013

Time to start over? Get some help from Origins

I am very rarely stuck - as in without beauty products, and when the time came to change moisturizer I had my next one lined up already and it had waited patiently on my bathroom shelf for more than a month to be used. Since I've spent a lot of time outdoors this summer (wearing sun screen of course!) I wanted to try a product that focused not only on hydrating but also on restoring the skin - so enter Origins Starting Over which is an age-erasing moisturizer. As with other Origins products it contains 100% natural ingredients, and in this case they are supposed to be so effective that Origins promotes the cream as "Nature's alternative to injections".

One of the main active ingredients in Starting Over is Mimosa, which apparently is great at stimulating the skin cells to produce more collagen and this protein is what helps to keep the skin strong and toned. As I write this I'm looking out at the massive Mimosa tree we have in front of the house and wonder if I could perhaps get some more use out of it, in addition to it looking pretty in the spring...  ANYWAY, other ingredients are argan leaf, green algae and horse chest nut extract - which will help to protect your skin's structure, add antioxidants and smooth the skin texture. In short this moisturizer is packed with products to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, at the same time as it helps to rebuild the skin.

The moisturizer has a light and creamy texture that just melts into the skin in a flash, and makes it feel very smooth, velvety and firm. It has the same delicious, sweet but fresh orange cream soda scent as the Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask, yummy - I almost want to lick my fingers every time I've used it...

I've noticed that my skin feels very toned and soft however it's not as deeply hydrated as I would ideally like it to be. The cream does a great job at nourishing, but when I use this as a day cream (on top of my KIKO Skin trainer serum) my skin feels a tiny tiny bit tight towards the end of the day, so I've started to apply a bit more of the cream than I usually do to see if this will fix it.

Overall, this cream is so refreshing to use and the amazing scent stays with you for a while so the next time you're looking for a product to give your nourishment, you might want to try this one. Whatever you're going back to after the summer, this lovely moisturizer will help your and your skin to start over - and why not get it from Origins online, and you'll get 2 samples as well as free delivery!

18 comments:

  1. I was actually going to get this for my mum for her birthday last week, but then i realised she was already hating the fact she was nearly in her mid-40's so i realised anything to do with ageing was not going to go down well haha! ended up getting her something else, but dropped in a sample of this so she could her mind up herself
    saida xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O) - sooo funny. I was completely drawn in by the amazing smell - as usual... I just tried the new Ginzing moisturiser yesterday, same thing there :O). Xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any Origins moisturisers, but I really want to! I'll have to try and get a sample of this x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Josie, thanks a million for visiting! I tested a few yesterday and now have a long list to work my way through :O). Xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds like I need it from what you've written! I am glad it's working for you!

    love, polly :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya Polly, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's a lovely product, but I will definitely need a more hydrating moisturizer after this one. Hope to see you here again soon :O). Xx

      Delete
  4. I really want to try origins products..they r brilliant..
    nice review

    my recent one :outfit post http://www.stylishbynature.com/2013/09/indian-ethnic-embellished-saree.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, they're great :O) - thank you so much! Xx

      Delete
  5. Mm this sounds so lovely! When my current origins one runs out ill definitely be keeping this one in mind!!great review xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I hope you'll find it as effective as I did :o). xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hello Evi and thank you so much for visiting and for your nice comments. Your blog is amazing, I just joined and follow :o). Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  7. your photographs makes it look even more tempting!!..now I want it too!!

    :)

    lovely post!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah - thank you so much, that's sweet of you! It is a lovely product and it smells amazing! Xx

      Delete
  8. I haven't tried Origins but this sounds lovely and I really want to try going more natural in the future so I'll have to keep it in mind. I don't think I need something highly moisturizing as I have naturally oily skin!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Zoe, they have so many nice smelling products. You might want to check out the new Ginzing Moisturiser as well - I've already got it on my list of things to try :o). Have a super day - as far as Mondays go.... Xx

      Delete
  9. I've never tried anything from Origins. Maybe now I will! emilyallcott.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily - thank you for visiting, it's such a lovely brand I'm sure you'll find something to tempt you :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!