Saturday 28 September 2013

Visit to my family in Sweden

I've done a lifestyle post once before about our trip to Blenheim Palace, and since I got such lovely comments from you I wanted to introduce some more posts like that every now and then, and this week is perfect for that since I've recently been out and about and have something a bit different I'd like to show you.

Those of you who follow me on Twitter may know that I was out traveling last week when I went to spend a few days with my family in Sweden. Since I don't get to see my family very often, it's always really nice to get to spend some quality time with them. Unfortunately Him Indoors wasn't able to come with me this time, but we still went ahead with the things we had planned to do. The first few days we did a lot of catching up, spent time in the garden and went for walks in the area and by the sea. I love being by the sea and I miss it in the UK since we live more inland.

Every time I visit, I always go shopping with my mum, and this time was no exception. We went to one of the biggest shopping centres in Scandinavia where they have a little bit of everything from premium brands to high street shops and of course - SEPHORA, where I spent a good amount of time browsing, and buying some of their wonderful products - the things I do for my blog... hrm... We also managed to squeeze in a little crayfish party, which is a very traditional and seasonal thing to do in Sweden in August or September. Even if I don't live in Sweden I like to keep a lot of the traditions I grew up with alive when I'm in the UK, and next after Christmas the crayfish party is my favourite event of the year.

I enjoyed so much great food when I was over and for one of the meals we went for a traditional French bistro lunch and to play boules in the city. How fun with a little piece of France right in southern Sweden. I've come to the conclusion that my skills at boules increase after a cheeky little Pastis (it's an anise flavoured liqueur, similar to Sambuca), but that doesn't say an awful lot. Afterwards we explored some of the flea markets in town since it was market day, although I didn't buy a single thing - proving to myself that I AM capable of not doing any shopping.

I come from a small village in the countryside, although it's only 10 minutes away from a big city, which is lucky for me since I'm a city girl at heart and if I can't smell the nearest Starbucks I get cabin fever! But when I visit my family I love spending as much time as I can outdoors in the country visiting places where I grew up, and if there's a coffee shop at the end of it with some yummy cakes - even better. After all, calories don't count when you eat them in a different country right?

Last week was so relaxing and it was wonderful going to visit some of my favourite spots. I had such an amazing time with my family and already look forward to when I'll get to see them again - hopefully it won't be too long.

50 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful there!! Your pictures a really good, do you mind me asking what camera you use?xx
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Libby and thanks a million for visiting and your lovely comment. Not at all, I use a Panasonic Lumix 18x, 10 mega pixels. I do love taking photos, and now that I have my blog I can put them to use too :O). Have a great weekend and I hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures you've got there Charlotte =) I have not been to Europe and let alone Sweden, so I really would love to go there someday, the flowers there are sooo lovely!!~

    <3 Celly
    TheSnowFlowerrr Beauty and Makeup Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you - thank you very much! It's such a perfect time to visit it's just the border between summer and autumn there - they are a few weeks behind the UK! Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  3. Mille grazie ladies :O). Hope you'll come back again soon ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our beloved Sweden. It is a beautiful country. I come from Blekinge myself. Grew up in the woods, but I am a city girl too. I didn't get as far as to the UK, I only got to Stockholm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do miss Sweden when I'm not there, but at least I go and visit a couple of time a year so I can't complain :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. Sweden looks absolutely wonderful!
    I really want to go!

    http://evithefashionista.blogspot.ca/

    P.S. Thanks so much for following me back even though you didn't have to at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you - thank you very much. You should definitely go, and July - Sep is a super time to go :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Such gorgeous photo's! It looks like you had an amazing time, and that Sephora?! Just wow! xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - sad isn't it that I include photos of Sephora - but it's a BIG Deal that it's there LOL. Xx

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much Mia - I hope you had a great time and that you'll go and visit again :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos, I'd love to visit Sweden - I started to learn Swedish last year, badly, but I plan to give it another go to prepare myself for an eventual trip!


    Sharon xx

    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic - good luck with it and thank you so much. Always happy to help with a few words here and there :o). Hejdå! Xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. That's so nice of you, thank you very much! Xx

      Delete
  10. Hiya and thank you so much for visiting and for your lovely comment! Love your blog and have joined you! Hope you'll come back and visit again soon :o). Have a super weekend. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. great pictures! always wanted to go!xxx
    http://shannonmarina.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Shannon - thank you so much for visiting and for your lovely comment. You definitely should visit - they've got some great shopping too :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. Hello Paula and thank you so much for visiting. Absolutely - have joined you and hop you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweden looks like such a beautiful country - I think I'd like to visit it one day!

    Thank you for commenting over on my blog earlier, I'm glad it led me back to yours again :-)

    I already follow via Bloglovin' and Google+ and now I've just joined via GFC as well!


    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog I Bloglovin’ I Twitter I YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Hanna - thanks a million! :o). Have a great weekend :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Oh, what a beautiful places! And it is still warm in there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - those cold days have just started in the South, which is where I'm from - it's a really beautiful time of year :o) Xx

      Delete
  15. thank you for you sweet comment dear....
    lovely photos...
    big kiss from
    http://maysesmodamour.blogspot.it/2013/09/sporty-and-casual.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty!
    http://urbanbeautyblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful! I really really enjoyed this post. I love experiencing new places even if it is through the eyes of another. Thank you so much for sharing with us. <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post - beautiful photographs!
    http://lameyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million that's really nice of you! Xx

      Delete
  19. I've never been to Sweden but I really want to go - the pictures are stunning!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment! I hope you get the chance sometime to go :o). Xx

      Delete
  20. Hi Cecilia, thank you, that's very nice of you. Have joined your blog now and hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pictures,i love the little cat it looks just like mine.
    www.naomitalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment, I'm glad you like them. I'm such a cat person and I missed my own little one when I was away :o). Xx

      Delete
  22. It looks lovely. I've never been to Sweden, but it's on my list as somewhere I want to visit!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Lucy! Hope you're having a great weekend - let me know if you're going and I'd be happy to help out with recommendations! Thanks for the lovely comment as well :O). Xx

      Delete
  23. Hiya Lucy! Hope you're having a great weekend - let me know if you're going and I'd be happy to help out with recommendations! Thanks for the lovely comment as well :O). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. looks like such a lovely place!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - it's always nice to go home and visit every now and then :o). Xx

      Delete
  25. Sweden looks stunning, it's on my list of places I'd most like to go. That chocolate cake might have bumped it up to number one on that list!! :-)

    www.prettylazy.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - of course, I'm sure that they even give you a slice of chocolate cake when you book your tickets :o). Hope to see you back again soon! Xx

      Delete
  26. These pictures are so amazing! So pretty I really like the light bulb one!

    StephanieDong 360 Fashion +

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you thank you very much! Follow you now and hope you'll be back again soon! Xx

      Delete
  27. Charlotte, these pictures are mesmerising. I would love to visit Sweden soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Aditi, thank you so much - that is so lovely of you! I hope you get a chance one day, and let me know so I can give you recommendations :o). Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  28. Looks like you had an amazing time! I'd love to visit! The chocolate cake looks yummy, love all the gardening/outdoors shots and well jel of Sephora shopping! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million for visiting! It was great with a little break and to spend time with the family, we all need that every now and then :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!