Monday 16 September 2013

Manic.Monday: Ciaté's Headliner

Barely have we had time to enjoy summer and the first days of autumn before we see notices everywhere to book tables for Christmas parties and the shops have started with their Christmas offers and brochures - fact is that there are less than 100 days left until Christmas. Earlier this week this year's Ciaté mini mani advent calendar was released in Selfridges and it sold out the same day as it went on sale (you can now see it on eBay at extortionate prices). But if you didn't manage to get your paws on one - you can pre-order it at Ciaté too - oh yes.... was there, did that, got the t-shirt and wear it proudly! It made me realise that even though I have a large no of Ciaté polishes, I haven't shown a single one of them in any of my posts - so let's remedy that this Manic.Monday with looking at this gorgeous shade - Ciaté's Headliner.

Headliner is a vibrant and gorgeous shade of greeny blue with yellow undertones, not as dark as teal but not as pure bright as turquoise either. The Ciaté formula is really wonderful to work with - it's a creamy, fairly thick consistency that at the same time is fluid enough to easily get an even streak free finish. This is also helped by the nice wide brush, which is of good quality and it doesn't drop any of the hairs in the polish - ruining the finish. Even though the polish is well pigmented, I would recommend that you apply two coats to get that perfect opaque satin look but since the formula is a bit thicker than many other polishes, you might want to give it a few minutes in between coats, to make sure that it has dried properly - but I would still say that it dries fairly quickly.
To get a really striking finish, I would also recommend using a high shine top coat to bring out the energy and zest of the color - which is what I'm wearing in the photo. If you decide to go without a top coat the finish is still beautiful, although a little bit more matte and muted.

This is a very sunny and summery shade that definitely brings out a tan, but since this color goes really well with the spicy, rich, golden reds, oranges and ochres that I'll wear this A/W, I'll continue to wear Headliner long after my tan is gone!

30 comments:

  1. OMG! such a pretty color! Must buy soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The Ciaté formulas are great and well worth getting! :) Xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I didn't think about that, maybe that's why I feel so happy wearing it :O). Xx

      Delete
  3. Love that colour, you never see enough blue nail polishes that are either not super light and bright or dark, this is bang in the middle.

    http://www.blogthiswithhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hannah - that's exactly what I think as well, and with that greeny tone it's a bit different from the rest :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. I didn't even realise the advent calendar came out so early! thanks for the heads up! xx

    www.peonyandpeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Incredible isn't it?! Happy hunting :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. I also didn't realise the advent calender was out so early i think im defiantly going to have to pre order me one of them hehe. Thank you!!

    kirstylovesx.blogspot.co.uk

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should - it's such a fun concept and last year it was almost the highlight of the day to get a new little mini polish :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Oh you....Now i miss Christmas, never thought like that (stop counting the days please lol)
    By the way, very nice blue and happy shopping :)
    Following you now on GFC and Bloglovin, hope you will follow back.
    Regards
    Patchoulii-Flog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following! Follow back as well :o). Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous colour and lovely blog!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million for visiting and for the lovely comment that's so sweet of you! Hope you'll come back again soon! Xx

      Delete
  8. Ahh such a beautiful shade! I can totally see myself wearing it a lot during the summer months but I guess you're right - it would be ideal for fall as well, paired with the right colors :) Great post hun!

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Andrea - thanks so much for visiting and for your sweet comment! It's funny because lip colors and eye shadows I can easily swap with the seasons but I'm not ready to separate from my summer nail colors yet :O). Hope to see here again soon! Xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I highly recommend it Xx

      Delete
  10. This one is pretty expensive for a nail-paint..but I love it!
    ..and the bot..ohh..so cute!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be a little more expensive than some other brands but if the formula is great I don't mind paying a little extra AND it's soooo pretty :). Xx

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous colour - love blue nails!

    Don't know if you're interested but I have a Baby lips giveaway on at the mo, ending very soon! If not check me out anyway? :) http://sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sophie! Thanks a million I will definitely check it out! Hope to see you back here again soon! Xx

      Delete
  12. ooh, this is really pretty!

    xx,
    Justina
    www.abentpieceofwire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Justina and thanks a million for visiting! It's definitely one of my favourite shades! Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  13. That colour is so gorgeous! It really is flipping early for advent calendars but when they contain beautiul mini nail polishes I can understand why they fly of the shelves! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million for visiting and for your lovely comment. I must admit that I felt a bit silly buying it already, but hey if you're not fast, sometimes you're last. Hohpe you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  14. Wow I love this colour! I always find ciate polish dries quite quickly!

    Ria x
    naturiabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Ria and thanks a million for visiting! I love getting new visitors :o). I am a huge Ciaté fan and I think their formula is really great. Hope you'll come back again soon! Xx

      Delete
  15. Wow beautiful color :)

    http://o-fata-simpla.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anca - thank you so much, that's lovely of you! Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!