Wednesday 4 September 2013

Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede

I love Jo Malone fragrances and every time there's a new release, I'm right there in the queue to test it out. I've already given a loving home to some of the earlier releases this year and since they are limited editions I treasure them and try to make them last as long as possible. As soon as I heard about the release of Peony and Blush Suede a month or so ago, I knew that I had to try it since Peonies are some of my favourite flowers. And as soon as I had tried the fragrance I knew this darling needed to be in my life NOW, so I got myself both the cologne and a candle in this gorgeous scent.

This fragrance is a delightful and light, sheer floral with fruity elements. As you first spray it on you'll immediately notice the wonderful, warm, delicate and slightly "rosy pink" scent of peonies. For me it's such a soft and comforting scent and it reminds me of walking through my mothers garden where I grew up. Even though the cologne opens as a crisp and clean floral, it never becomes too sweet or overpowering, probably because of the clear fruity notes of apples that keeps it airy and fresh. Finally there's is a gentle hint of roses and a barely noticeable jasmine. I'm a huge fan of jasmine, but I'm glad it's not more prominent since I think it might have made the cologne a bit too sweet and heavy. Some of the other Jo Malone colognes are not very long lasting, but I'm positively surprised at how long Peony and Blush Suede lingers after you've sprayed and it leaves a subtle bouquet on your hair and clothes.

I haven't tried the candle yet, since I'm waiting to finish my English Pear and Freesia first but I'm sure it will be amazing, and I can smell the fragrance without even taking off the lid. 

To sum it up this is a striking, elegant and inviting soft scent that could be a modern classic for me. The deluxe feeling of this scent is reinforced with the gorgeous and stylish Jo Malone packaging and the care the shop assistants show when they wrap everything up - it's such a treat to get Jo Malone products!

To me Peony and Blush Suede smells heavenly and it has to be one of the most incredible well balanced scents I have tried for a long time - and since I'm a fragrance fanatic, trying new things almost every week - THAT says a lot!

40 comments:

  1. well explained...the bottle is a charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Garima - thank you so much for visiting and for the nice comment! Yes I do like the bottles, very stylish and simple. Hope you'll visit again soon ! Xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog and for subscribing!
    Nice post and the products are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christelle! Thanks a million for your lovely comments - it's such an amazing scent, I am completely in love with it :o). Hope to see you here again soon! Xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Oh yes - they have amazing candles. They are bit pricey though so I'm trying not to go through them too quickly :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!

    http://www.cultureandtrend.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and for your lovely comment! I've joined your blog and hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  5. Mmm I'm waiting for my sample of this fragrance and can't wait! All Jo Malone fragrances are amazing but this one seems right up my street. Great post x x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll like it as much as I do :O). Xx

      Delete
  6. Might have to sample this when I go shopping tomorrow!
    Michelle xo - @shelleymagpie
    www.shelleymagpie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michelle, oh you should - and let me know if you end up being the happy owner of a new fragrance :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. Joe Malone smells amazing! :)

    Sarah x
    http://herstyletto.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and they have so much to choose from :O). Xx

      Delete
  8. I want to try their fragrances so bad, but haven't brought myself to shelling out the money for it. I was looking at the Red Roses scent, but this post has made me rethink it. You are great at describing scents and it has me wanting to snatch this up right away! :)

    http://jamiesessions11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie - aaaah, thank you so much that's so sweet of you! Xx

      Delete
  9. Nice review, after reading it even I want to try it soon. Awesome clicks !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's very nice of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. I have a sample of this in the post and literally cannot wait to try it!!!
    Aims
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll like it, let me know if you end up getting it :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. jo malone will forever be my choice of perfume! she can do no wrong!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million for stopping by! I love the photos on your blog :o). There are soo many wonderful scents to choose from :o). Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  12. ..ahh my elder sis ( who lives in UK) got Jo Malone's Dark Amber & Ginger Lilly for me on my last birthday...and I have adored it ...it is the small bottle I think 30ml/50ml...almost finished...
    Sadly it doesn't last long on my skin...But I love it!
    too bad its not available in India.. ( like 99% of UK products) :(
    I would love to try the candles someday..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes some of the scents are like that and that's why I was so surprised about this one - it's such a shame you can't find it in India... :/.... eBay maybe? Xx

      Delete
  13. i really want one now! i need a sample of this like yesterday!

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya and thank you for visiting! It's so lovely, I hope you'll like it as much as I do :o). Joined your blog BTW. Xx

      Delete
  14. Oh my gosh this sounds incredible - I need to try this, I've never had a Jo Malone fragrance xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Gem - thanks for visiting and for leaving a comment! Go for it - next pay day treat :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. beautiful pictures and seems interesting one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, it's definitely my favourite at the moment :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. I so want to try a jo malone purfume - now to find a shop close to me :)

    www.luvsthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some amazing options, I'm sure you'll find something you like :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. This one sounds absolutely lovely! I have to go find it.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, let me know what you think of it :O). Xx

      Delete
  18. I never knew Jo Malone had candles. Must have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krystle, they have a great selection of most of their fragrances. They're not exactly low cost, but they smell amazing, last a long time and make an indulgent treat :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. I love the way Jo Malone products are packaged - I'll definitely have to smell this, lovely review :) x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that's really nice of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  20. Replies
    1. Oh yes, it's amazing and I have actually tried the candle now too, and it's equally gorgeous :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!