Saturday 7 September 2013

TANtastic body care

Yes, summer is almost gone and so is my tan - so in an attempt to look like I've just come back from holiday again, I thought I would bring out an old favourite and also test some new items that I've recently bought.

After much looking and lusting I finally got my first Soap & Glory products. I've had my eye on Soap & Glory for longer than I can remember and with all the fantastic reviews out there, I just knew that I had to get a few items. My problem - and it's a great problem to have when it comes to beauty products, is that there's too much to choose from, so I ended up with some shopping catatonia. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does I really do suffer! In the end I went for a novel approach: instead of getting what I just plain wanted - I bought items that I actually do need. So I decided on a body scrub and a body butter to go with it. Since I'm addicted to scent I spent a good while sniffing all the items in Boots and eventually I settled on the Breakfast Scrub Body Exfoliator and the Smoothie Star Body Buttercream.

If we start with the Breakfast Scrub, I'll sum up my experience with it in 3 little words - OH MY GOSH! When you open the tub, it does look a little bit like something you would find in your breakfast bowl, and the content of the scrub also sounds like it's from a breakfast bowl - extracts of banana, almond and honey extracts and oatmeal. They all help to scrub, soften and nourish your skin, all at the same time and when you've used this - your skin will feel very smooth. But the best bit is the smell of maple - it is sweet, crisp and absolutely divine and it actually lasts on your skin! It smells so scrumptious that I almost have to physically restrain myself from tasting it... Anyone else feel the same or just me..? Ok then.... Anyway, even though I can't really see myself using this as part of my morning routine I have to one of the nicest products I've ever tried - in all categories and I'll use it regardless of what time of day it is. 

Having scrubbed my skin, making it nice and smooth for self-tanning I used the Smoothie Star Body Buttercream to moisturise. It's a wonderful rich and thick body cream which is packed with oils and products to moisturise your skin; pistachio, almond, coconut and shea butter. What I like about this buttercream is that you really have to massage it into your skin, it doesn't just absorb as many thinner body lotions do, and that means that you'll have that hydrated feeling for a good few hrs after you've rubbed it in. It's such a luxurious cream and for me it's definitely a rival of the Body Shop Body Butters. Like the other Soap & Glory body creams it smells delicious, and this scent is of pistachio, almond and vanilla. It is a little bit on the synthetic side, but I really like it and again it stays on your skin a long time after you've finished getting ready - YUM!

For the self-tanning part I use Caudalie Divine Legs. I'm not being modest now, but I am probably the world's worst self-tanner, which means that I never ever do it. At least that was until Him Indoors brought home this little beauty for me. It's a lovely golden caramel colored cream and since the bottle comes with a pump, it's easy to get exactly the right amount that you need for the different parts of your body. I find it easy to use because it's slightly thicker than I remember other products being, and also since the cream is tinted - you see exactly where you've applied already and can get an even, non streaky result. Another great thing is that it dries very quickly and it doesn't come with that distinct smell that most fake tan products have and at the end of the day you easily wash it off in the shower - no scrubbing needed, although with the Breakfast scrub, I'll happily scrub away!

I've tried to illustrate the end result in the before and after photos below of my leg. These photos are taken in exactly the same location and light with just a few mins part.
Before using Caudalie Divine Legs
After using Caudalie Divine Legs

I think you'll agree that the result is noticeable and it's an immediate subtle, golden shade. If a complete self-tanning amateur like myself can get this result, then it really is a great product and I definitely recommend it if like me, your previous experience with self-tanning wasn't a great one.

So now I'm almost back to the sunny, bronzed shade I've been recently, which makes me feel very energetic, healthy and happy. If you are tempted by the Soap & Glory products, Boots have an offer on just now where you get 3 for the price of 2 of selected Soap & Glory items - and I will be going back this weekend to take them up on this too yummy to turn down offer!

32 comments:

  1. I'm yet to try any of the soap & glory scrubs how I've resisted this long I don't know! That caudal or tanner looks great lovely colour xx
    Kayleighsbeautyfix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - it is a really great product! Xx

      Delete
  2. Definitely want to make the most of the 3 for 2 on Soap and Glory while I can! Xx

    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Boots and their great offers, so I might pick up something else today :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. I agree with you on the breakfast scrub. It's my favourite thing from Soap&Glory! xx
    emilyallcott.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't get over how amazing the smell is! Xx

      Delete
  4. Really want to try the breakfast scrub,love the soap and glory products.x
    http://www.naomitalksbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will see if I can pick up some more this afternoon :O). Xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. If it works even for me - then YES it is LOL :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. i love to try all of these !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend them - they are amazing! Xx

      Delete
  7. Wow this shows such a difference!

    Rachel x

    thedrugstorelife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing and it also works well on your face and neck :;O). Xx

      Delete
  8. that leaves a really nice colour on your legs! I love pulp friction from soap and glory but mine has just run out so I am tempted to buy the breakfast scrub as a replacement! L xxx

    maquillagemagic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try it, the scent alone is amazing! Xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it, since it's so easy to use and the result is super! Xx

      Delete
  10. Oh wow how amazing is this Caudalie?! I had NO idea it was as lovely as this xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, it's without a doubt the easiest self-tan to work with, I've ever tried - although I'm definitely not an expert on self-tanning. Xx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I'm so happy I discovered all of these products :O). Xx

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Hi Rachna - thank you so much, and it's easy to use too :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. I've been dying to try those Soap and Glory products!

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/
    New huge Sephora haul ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maya and thanks a million for visiting! I'm so happy with them and will definitely try some of their skincare as well :o). So envious - WISH we had Sephora here in the UK :O). Hope to see you again here soon! Xx

      Delete
  14. Hi Charlotte,
    Just wondering how long you've had your blog for, what would you recommend to boost the viewings and how did you apply for adverts? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Niamh, it's so sweet of you to ask! I've had my blog for exactly 2 months today :O) - yeay, I'm sure I'll think of a way to celebrate!

      I applied for adverts straight away through Blogspot, and the Ad Sense function and it took me a few weeks to get it up and running because they look at the amount of content and if the blog is very new it'll take a little while to build up, but the process itself was very simple.

      In terms of boosting viewings I don't know how much advise I can give after only 2 months, but I would say: don't be shy to promote your blog - use all the social media available, tweet about your blog, and be active on other blogs as well. I hope some of this can be useful! Have a great Sunday Xx

      Delete
  15. I've heard amazing things about the breakfast scrub and I really want to try more s&g products love every one I've tried they are feel and smell AMAZING.
    yum! I have no idea how to fake tan but maybe next summer haha.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand the hype around this cute little brand. Am curious about their skin care as well - any recommendations? Xx

      Delete
  16. I see the change and the results look great. I want to try and I heard they smell really sweet!

    Check out my NEW blog! Follow me on Bloglovin? & I’ll do the same! Keep in Touch! =)
    I am Marie Liv Bloglovin
    I am Marie Liv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marie, thank you so much for visiting, yes I definitely recommend them. Follow you now :O) and hope to see you back here again soon! Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!